‹ Prequel: The Space Between
Sequel: On Your Side
Status: Completed.

Stay

What's in store.

"We don't have to go out you know?" Eric stated as the girl continued to sneeze.

"We told everyone we would, and if I don't you definitely should." She said sniffling, damning the cold she got the day before New Years. That was just her luck.

Eric rolled his eyes, "Who cares, Jen? You're sick. I'm not ringing in a new year without you and they can kiss my ass."

Jenna sighed, looking up at her boyfriend with a red nose.

"We're staying in. That's final."

She glared at him and he kissed her forehead.

"Honestly Jenna, I don't care. I'm with you and that's all I want." He stated looking back at the movie that they had put in a few minutes ago.

"You're so stubborn." She mumbled, cuddling into his side, "And what if you get sick?"

Eric rolled his eyes, "Then I get sick."

Jenna gave up fighting with him, not feeling well enough to keep it going.

"Let me make you some soup and get you some medicine, ok?" Eric stated sliding from the couch.

"Eric..."

"Hey Jenna, just shut up."

She glared at him crossing her arms over her chest. He leaned down to her and pecked her lips, "I love you. Can't you just let me take care of you? Just once."

"Fine." She whispered and he kissed her once more before heading to the kitchen. The pair spent the night cuddled on the couch watching the ball drop as Eric took care of her every need.

"Happy New Year Jenna Nickelsen. I can't wait to find out what's in store for us." He whispered, cupping her face and kissing her right as the countdown ended. Even while she was sick and in pajamas he made her feel like the only girl in the world.

"Now let's get you to bed. You need some sleep." He added pulling her from the couch. She didn't object as he lead her to her room and he tucked her in before climbing beside her.

"Eric?"

"Mhm?" He mumbled, stroking her hair lightly.

"Thank you."

"For what? Tonight? I love you, you know? There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you so there's no need to thank me."

"But still..."

He grinned, pulling her to him, "But still, you love me too and I would be saying the same thing. I get it."

She chuckled and he kissed her forehead, "Sweet dreams, baby. I love you."

Jenna drifted to sleep even with her cold she was content being wrapped up in Eric. That was until he was whispering her name and she found herself awake after what felt like only seconds of sleep.

"Jen, I gotta go pick up Garrett." Eric whispered, brushing back her hair and a frown hit the girl's lips, "No, stay. Let him walk."

Eric chuckled, "You don't want that. I'll be right back. I promise."

Jenna sighed staring up at the boy and he grinned, brushing her cheek, "I love you so much, you know that right?"

"I love you too."

He kissed her gently before stepping from the bed and trying to find his other converse. She watched him from the bed sleepily and once his shoe was on he found himself back near her.

"Give me 15 minutes and I'll be back here with you." He breathed before kissing her again. She nodded and he kissed her a few more times before leaving the room. She of course ended up falling back asleep, wrapped in happy dreams until she was being shook to death. Her eyes shot open and Trey was hovering over her. What was up with everyone tonight?!

"What the hell Trey?!" She spat out sitting up quickly, her heart racing loudly.

"Jenna, get up."

The tone alone made her really pay attention to him. The fear in his eyes made her heart skip a beat.

"What?" She slowly got out.

"Garrett and Eric. They were in an accident."

"What kind of accident?"

"A car accident."

Before Trey could explain she flew from the bed almost falling over as she tried to pull jeans on.

"Jenna calm down!"

"Well don't just say that! Are they ok? What's going on?" She asked continuing to get ready.

"I just, I think you just..." Trey fumbled out and she tried to tie her shoe only to realize she was shaking too bad to do so. She felt it in her gut that something was wrong. Something was off about it.

"I've got to go." She stated snatching up her keys as her eyes began to blur from the tears.

"Jenna!" Trey yelled chasing after her, only to find that she had beaten him to the car. He hopped in his, speeding after her hoping to god she also survived.

Jenna was in tears, feeling like something was wrong. Then again, the abrupt awakening and not being able to get a hold of Eric wasn't making it any better.

She just had to get to the hospital. That was the one thing she was sure of.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys.
1 more left.
I'm excited and sad all at the same time.
Seeing as how this has been written forever I couldn't wait to post another chapter...