‹ Prequel: The Space Between
Sequel: On Your Side
Status: Completed.

Stay

You've got some nerve.

"I swear you have some nerve." John said laughing as he stepped into Eric's room whom was fixing his hair in the mirror getting ready for the date he threw himself into.

"What?" He asked as he turned around with a knowing grin.

"I mean after all this trouble why don't you just ask her out?"

"Nah, see that's too simple. I have to make sure she likes me before hand. Good things come to those who wait, John."

John laughed, "Well man, good luck."

Of course John knew the girl had a crush on him, but he didn't want to ruin it fo Eric. Plus he found it all pretty amusing.

"Right, I don't need it. Let's go."

"Are we meeting everyone?" John asked as they headed to Eric's car.

"Yep. Shane better hope he doesn't sit by Jenna or I may have to take drastic measures."

John laughed, "Settle down man."

Eric chuckled as they drove to the movie theatre. Once there he hopped out before John could even unbuckle his seat belt.

"Dude!"

"Sorry!"

"You act like you haven't seen her before!"

"Yeah, well you know I'm hyper active anyways."

John laughed as they reached the group waiting on them. Jenna's heart raced as her eyes met Eric's who offered her a smile.

"Hi."

"Hi." She whispered and Eric looked over at who he assumed was John's brother.

"Eric." He spoke smoothly sticking his hand out and he could hear some of the boys snickering behind him, but he didn't care.

"Oh, uh Shane." The boy responded shaking his hand.

"Nice to meet you." He said patting the boys shoulder and Kennedy stifled a laugh, "Just...wow. can we go in?"

"Sure. Why not?" Eric repsonded with a smile and before Jenna knew it the boy had scooped up her hand in his. Her breath caught in her throat and he didn't even seemed phased as he led her in after the boys.

Eric sat beside her once they found seats, his fingers still linked with hers. She glanced over at him wondering why the hell he was acting this way. Did he like her or was he just being, well, Eric? Of course the girl couldn't focus on the movie simply from the feeling of his hand. Although his comments during the film helped her relax and lighten up.

"Lessoned learned to never see a movie with those two together!" Kennedy yelled as they left the building.

"Why?!" Eric defended and Kennedy rolled his eyes, "All you two did was talk!"

"Well sorry things happened that needed to be talked about!"

Jenna laughed and Kennedy rolled his eyes, "Right because you two weren't watching the same movie. Silly me."

Eric chuckled as they reached where everyone parked.

"Ride with me. We're all going back to Kennedy's anyways." Eric challenged, tugging the girl closer to his car.

"Fineee." She sighed although she had no problem doing so.

"If you don't get there within the same time we do I'll come after you." Garrett threatened the boy and Eric rolled his eyes, "Relax. We will."

Jenna blushed as Eric walked her to his car and opened the door for her. Her eyes met his and he grinned, "What?"

"So is this whole charming thing an act?" She boldly asked causing him to laugh, "No, afraid not. It's just who I am."

She stared at him as if she was going to catch him lying and he chuckled once more, "Get in, sweetie."

She breathed in and did as told as butterflies hit her stomach from the small nick name.

"The fact that I'm so attracted to you makes no sense to me because you're so completely opposite of me." He stated smoothly and she blushed furiously, "Attracted to me?" She managed to ask and he nodded as if it was just a normal thing to say to someone, "Yeah. Your whole shy thing is rather cute."

"I'm not shy." She squeaked out and he chuckled, "Yes you are. I could literally make you blush just by telling you your hair looks good."

"No, maybe not that, simply because I know it does."

He laughed as he shook his head. He liked her. He knew it and he assumed now it was obvious. If only she'd give him something in return, that way he could act on his feelings.

The drive to Kennedy's was filled with a comfortable silence which Eric wasn't use to, but his head was swarming with thoughts of her.

"You know, I'm really not sorry for ruining your date." He said as they parked and she laughed, "It was not a date."

"Mhm. Yeah. I'm sure Shane thought otherwise. He seemed quite ticked we all showed up."

Her eyes met his and he flashed her a crooked grin, "Either way, I don't apologize for it. He isn't right for you."

"You don't know him." She whispered nervously and he shrugged, "I don't need to."

She let out a laugh, "Oh?"

"Yeah. You'll see." He said with a wink before climbing from the car. What did that mean? She swallowed down her nerves and followed him quickly into the house.

Lucky for her John was sitting on the couch and she quickly fell beside him. She needed to calm down. Eric made her all jumbled and confused. She relaxed her head on his shoulder and he chuckled, "Hi. You ok?"

"Yes. Sleepy."

"All your dating huh?" He teased and she elbowed him causing him to laugh.

"Kidding. Eric likes you, you know? I mean, he hasn't came straight out and told me, but I can tell." John whispered.

She blushed and buried her face in the sleeve of his shirt. The boy decided not to hassel her anymore. She had enough of that going on tonight. He twirled her hair around his fingers as he messed with his phone in the other hand.

Eric watched from his seat debating on what to do. He had to pull back a bit. He knew how straight forward he was and that she was probably a wreck from him being so. She was so quiet and well, he didn't want to scare her.

He breathed in and relaxed in his chair as he watched Jared mess with Kennedy's guitar.

"Dude, we have a show next weekend! Are you coming?" Pat asked Eric excitedly and Eric laughed, "Yeah man. Nick and me are coming."

"And Jenna." Pat pointed out and Eric nodded, "Right, and Jenna."

"Of course Jenna. She's our biggest fan." Jared stated causing Jenna to laugh softly, "I am your only fan."

"No you aren't!" John defended and Jenna giggled, "I kind of am..."

"So ok maybe you are the only person who knows every word to every song, but that doesn't make you are only fan!"

Eric chuckled, "Maybe not the only, just the best."

"He has a point." Jenna pointed out and John rolled his eyes, "Fine. You are the best fan we have."

"I know."

Eric laughed, "So what now? I mean it's only like 9..."

"Yeah. It's Friday. Let's sleep." Jenna mumbled cuddling into John. He chuckled and placed his arms around her, "Awe, our biggest fan is sleepy."

She nodded and John laughed, "Can't sleep on me Jenna."

"Why not?"

"Plus, what is there to sleep on? The boy weighs ten pounds." Eric stated.

"Ha!" John remarked and Eric chuckled.

"I was going to say if you do then I'll fall asleep." John added.

"So?"

"So it's Friday!"

"Shut up you're ruining my concentration!" Garrett whined his eyes never leaving the video game he was playing with Jared.

Jenna rolled her eyes and John shot Garrett a look even though he couldn't see.

"Awe. Baby Jenna. You can come sleep with me." Eric said and Garrett's head shot over to the boy disregarding his game.

"I didn't mean like that!"

"Dude I win!" Jared shouted and Garrett groaned as Jenna laughed.

Eric smile widened as John yawned, "Man screw you, Jenna!"

"Jerk. It isn't my fault." She stated pulling away from him and Eric held his arms open, gladly willing to let her slid into his seat with him.

"Eric! Must you hit on my sister right in front of me!"

"I'm not hitting on her! I'm being nice! Asshole." Eric stated and Jenna laughed as he pulled her down on his lap. He wrapped his arm around her waist as she relaxed against his chest nervously. Being close to him made her nervous.

He pushed the seat back allowing the foot rest to pop up. A sigh left his lips as she cuddled to him. He could get use to this.

Before he had even time to bask in the happiness he drifted off asleep along with Jenna.

When Jenna woke she was still tucked into Eric's side along with a blanket that had been thrown over the pair. He was still asleep as she stirred moving enough to pull her phone out of her pocket to check the time. It was around 2 in the morning and she groaned as she debated on moving to her bed.

"Eric." She whispered shaking him lightly and his grasp on her tightened, "Mhm?"

"Let's go to bed."

"Cant move."

She chuckled as she fumbled to get up, "Then stay."

"No. Stay with me." He mumbled grabbing for her hand and she pretended not to care, "Eric..."

He sat up with a groan not bothering to drop her hand. She pulled him from the chair and he tried to focus on going up the stairs. Once in a spare room he kicked his shoes off and fell onto the bed. She chuckled as she slid her own shoes off and laid beside him.

He didn't hesitate to wrap his arm around her waist and pull her close to him. He pressed his lips to her temple and even though she was half asleep her senses were on fire.

"Sweet dreams, Jenna." He whispered and she forced her eyes shut tightly trying to control her nerves. That was something she didn't think she would ever get use to.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love Eric. :3

thanks for subscribing and recommending!