‹ Prequel: The Space Between
Sequel: On Your Side
Status: Completed.

Stay

Floating on cloud 9.

It took forever for Jenna to fall back asleep and once she did it felt like mere seconds later when she was being woke by Eric.

"Jenna." He cooed resting his chin on her shoulder, her body still pressed against his. It was strange to him really. How perfect it seemed to be. How normal it felt to be here with her. It was like it was meant to happen.

"What?" She got out at a whisper and he chuckled, "It's like 10:30."

"Still early."

"How can you possibly sleep anymore?" He questioned and she wasn't about to answer that truthfully. She finally opened her eyes and he released his grasp on her as she tuned to face him. A grin hit his lips once his eyes met the sleepy girls face.

"You're cute." He stated in his typical bold fashion.

He didn't bother to hesitate as he ran his fingers into her hair and she blushed even still half asleep.

"I like you." He whispered and she buried her face into her pillow to hid her red cheeks.

He chuckled at her ways, "What? I do."

She raised up her eyes meeting his and she almost told him she felt the same way, but the pair was interrupted by Kennedy coming into the room.

"Good you two are up. Jared's making breakfast."

"Why are you up?" She questioned and Kennedy shrugged, "I guess none of us could sleep because of the show tonight. Too excited."

Eric laughed as he sat up, "Ok, well I think I'm going to head home. I have some things to do before tonight."

Kennedy nodded before leaving the room and Eric diverted his eyes to her, "You are coming tonight right?"

She nodded and he smiled, "Great."

He removed himself from the bed and quickly put his shoes back on. She watched him carefully and he leaned over the bed and pressed his lips to her forehead, "Sadly I'm already excited over the fact that I get to see you again."

"Ugh go!" She groaned her cheeks heating up again. She should be use to it.

He let out a laugh and pulled her from the bed, "What? Sorry I can't stop myself from saying what I'm thinking!"

Her eyes met his and he linked their hands together.

"I thought you had to go." She managed to get out and he shrugged his eyes never leaving hers. The silence between them nerved her tremendously and he grinned before leaning in and pecking her nose, "I'll see you later."

She managed to nod and he dropped her hands before leaving the room. She took a deep breath to gather herself before doing the same.

"Eric seemed rather happy for it to be so early." Jared stated as he gave her a questionable look.

Jenna shrugged, "I assume."

"Did you bang Eric?" Pat asked and Jenna along with Garrett's mouth fell open.

"What? No!"

Garrett groaned, "Please stay away from the kid!"

"Nah, Eric's harmless. Really. He's a good guy. He wouldn't do anything." John defended. Him and the boy had become rather close so he felt as if he had to.

"This coming from John O'Callaghan doesn't make me feel better."

John rolled his eyes, "He's not like me so I can say that. I mean, Jenna did he kiss you?"

Jenna shook her head no.

"See. He sleeps in the bed with her and doesn't even kiss her! He's respectful."

Jenna rolled his eyes as she sat at the table. It was going to be a long day.

Once home and after a few hours had passed, Eric decided he was just going to do it. He was going to ask the girl out today. He felt as if he had won her over whether she admitted it or not. He sighed as he messed with his now clean hair. He was a bit nervous. What if she rejected him? He liked her too much. That would definitley hurt a bit. He sprayed himself with cologne before deciding he needed to leave before he found something else wrong with himself. He grabbed up his phone and keys and took the short journey back to Garrett's where they were all meeting before hand.

"Eric is on his way?" Jenna asked and her brother nodded in response. Butterflies errupted in her stomach. Her small crush had grown rather big lately. She couldn't help it. He was over a lot and he had a cute smile and everything about him made her like him. He was perfect. Well to her anyways.

"Now run along and go get dolled up like I know you want to. Plus, we leave soon." He said rolling his eyes. He was in denial about her liking him, but he knew the truth. Well, That could be because Eric had a hard time keeping his own feelings in.

As Jenna went to change quickly, Eric walked in smoothing his wind blown hair down.

Kennedy snickered from his seat, "Hey man, why you wearin' cologne?" He teased and Eric rolled his eyes as Garrett glanced over at him.

"Hater." Eric mumbled falling beside Pat who smiled, "Before you ask, yes, she is here dude."

Eric shrugged like he didn't care but his heart was now beating rapidly in his chest.

"I'm gonna ask her out." Eric spat out and Garrett rolled his eyes, "Fine. Just know, if you ever hurt her or make her cry I will murder you."

"I don;t plan to do either." He said his eyes now directed to the girl walking down the stairs. She shyly sat beside John who was busy texting on his phone.

"Hey cutie." John spoke patting her knee not bothering to look up from his phone. He knew it was her simply from the smell of her perfume.

"Hey."

Eric couldn't seem to pry his eyes off her as she fiddled with her nails. A corky grin hit his lips, realizing she was nervous. But why? Did she like him? He licked his lips in anticipation and he finally couldn't take it anymore. She had been the only thing on his mind for days. The longer they sat there the more he wanted to tell her. Plus with Pat constantly elbowing him to do it he gave in.

"Jenna?" He said smoothly and her eyes shot up immediately.

"Can I, uh, talk to you outside?"

She nodded slowly and he ushered her out to the front porch as the guys snickered to themselves.

"Everything ok?" She whispered as he shut the door behind them. He looked at her with a grin, "Yeah, I just I wanted to ask you out just not in front of your brother."

She giggled although a blush hit her cheeks. She didn't know why, but she grew quiet around someone she liked. Although she was a bit shy already.

"Will you let me take you out?" He asked unable to stop the smile on his lips.

She nodded and he stepped closer to her.

"Yes?" He asked brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. She nodded once more and he chuckled, "Why are you so quiet?"

"Because..." She fumbled out and he laughed once more, "You are so cute."

"Shut up." She mumbled and he pulled her to him softly, "I'm all for doing this the right way you know? The whole date first, kissing later, but um, I really want to kiss you now so..."

She laughed softly and he caressed her cheek, "Can I?"

She nodded and he leaned in, lightly pressing his lips to hers. And even such a simple kiss sent his senses into over drive.

He brought one of his hands to her cheek as her eyes met his. The comfortable silence filled between them didn't seem to nerve her as much.

"You ever felt like something was meant to happen? I just, I feel like being with you is what I'm suppose to be doing. Maybe I'm crazy, I don't know. It just feels right." He whispered seriously. His eyes narrowing as if he meant every word which he knew he did. He felt it in his heart.

"I'm drawn to you Jenna. I just feel pulled to you. It's crazy and I don't know how to explain it. I mean, I already am sounding like a lunatic I assume." He added.

A soft laugh left her lips and his nervous features relaxed, "What I'm trying to say is, I like you a lot and I really think we could have something special...you know, if I didn't just ruin it with my creepy speech."

Jenna's smile widened, "You didn't ruin it, Eric."

He smiled immediately and she raised up to kiss his cheek.

"I strangely feel the same way." She whispered and he grasped her hand in his, "Good. That makes me feel better."

She smiled at him, "You know when we go back in we are going to get hell for this right?"

"Yes, I am aware."

She chuckled and he pulled her to him, "It's ok though because you know, you said yes and all."

"Oh that makes I better?"

"For me? Yes."

She chuckled and he kissed her quickly, "Ready?"

She nodded and he slid his hand in hers before pulling her back inside, ready to face the humiliation that waited for the pair.

The guys all looked at them in silence and Eric ignored them as he sat down slowly.

"Well?" John finally asked.

"Well?" He repeated and Jenna felt herself blush from beside him.

"Well what? Clearly she said yes! So what?" Eric asked.

Kennedy snickered ad Jenna pressed her face into Eric's sleeve. Eric chuckled and patted the girl's knee.

"Well as great as that is we need to go." John said glancing at the time on his phone.

The guys got up quickly and Eric pulled Jenna from the couch a smile on his lips.

"What?" She asked softly and he shook his head as he linked their hands, "Nothing. Riding with me right?"

"I guess so."

"I mean if you don't want to..."

"No, I do."

He smiled as he pulled her from the house. He felt as if he was on top of the world right now if he was being honest.

He kissed Jenna's cheek as he opened the car door for her. Jenna of course blushed and he chuckled softly before making his way to the driver side.

"Fuck. You are so cute." He breathed out, his eyes meeting hers before he started the car.

"Stop it." She mumbled into the sleeves of her jacket that covered her hands.

He chuckled leaning to her as he placed his hand under her chin and pressing his lips to hers.

"I like making you blush. I'm sorry. I think I do it on purpose."

"I noticed..." She mumbled and he laughed, "it's just adorable really."

He honestly felt as of her constant blushing attracted him more to her. It was endearing and innocent and he loved it. It made him want to wrap her in his arms and tell her how special she was, but he didn't think that would be appropriate. He breathed in as he clutched the steering wheel heading to the small bar the boys were playing at.

"Oh. I like this song." She said startling him from his day dream as she quickly turned the radio up which he was surprised about. He grinned and looked over at her, "You like Brand new?"

"Who doesn't."

He smiled, "You keep getting better."

She laughed softly and looked out the window in order to distract herself from the butterflies still in her stomach from the boy beside her. She still couldn't believe it. She had a boyfriend. Not only a boyfriend, but the boy she had liked from the first day they met. It seemed all so unreal and yet amazing at the same time. It was safe to say she was on cloud 9.
♠ ♠ ♠
I seriously love writing this story. I guess because I've written so much about Jenna and Eric that I feel like they are a part of me now. haha.

Thanks for commenting;
AlyBallyBee
:)