‹ Prequel: The Space Between
Sequel: On Your Side
Status: Completed.

Stay

Love or something like it.

Jenna walked into the house with a smile she couldn't seem to get rid of.

"You ok?" Her brother Trey asked with a questionable look.

"Oh yeah. I'm fine."

"She's in love with Halvo." Garrett stated with an eyeroll.

Jenna shrugged and made her way to her bedroom. She knew she shouldn't be, but she was already wishing six would hurry up and arrive. She wanted to see him again. The way he made her feel was undescribable.

The girl however finally decided to force herself to take a nap and when she woke up, the rest of the time was spent showering and getting ready for her so called date.

"And where are you going looking like that?" Garrett asked as she came down the stairs all dressed up.

"Um, on a date with Eric."

"Mhm. Gonna have to have a little talk with Halvo." Trey teased and she rolled her eyes, "No you aren't."

"Oh yeah. I Am."

"I think Garrett already did."

"Doesn't matter until I do it. I'm the oldest."

"Shut up."

Trey chuckled as the doorbell rang and he flew to the door. Sometimes she wished she had sisters instead.

Of course it was Eric at the door. She smiled once their eyes met and Trey invited him in.

"No. Let's go." She said quickly grabbing his hand.

"Oh what's the rush? I need to have a little chat with the kid." Trey said patting Eric's back and Jenna groaned, "No you do not."

"I do."

Eric chuckled and she pushed him back to the door.

"Later Eric." Trey stated and she rolled her eyes as she shut the door behind them. Of course Eric was amused by it all.

"I mean, I can talk to him."

"No." She responded quickly and he grabbed her hand as they headed to his car.

He chuckled and once at the door he pulled her to a stop, "So um, I missed you."

She grinned and he ran his fingers into her hair.

"Stupid I know, but I did."

"I missed you too."

"Yeah?"

She nodded and he brought his lips to hers softly.

"Let's go."

She nodded and he opened the door for her. He hadn't really planned anything out. He rarely did, but he figured he shouldn't do anything crazy so he decided dinner would be a good start.

"So, my band has a show this coming up Friday. Will you come?" He asked once they were seated at a table.

She nodded, "Of course."

He grinned, "I mean, probably will make me even more nervous but still..."

"You nervous? Why?"

He grinned, "Because I'll feel the need to impress you and what if I screw up?"

"You won't."

"You have a lot of faith, dear."

She chuckled, "Just in you."

His eyes met hers and before he could speak a waitress walked up to the table. Eric watched her as she ordered. It scared him at how caught up he was in her. He had never felt so much for a girl and here she was simply ordering dinner and he couldn't look away from her. She was perfect to him.

"Eric." He heard and it startled him back to life, "Huh?"

"Order..."

"Oh yeah!" He said quickly snatching up the menu trying to hide his embarrassment.

Of course he really shouldn't have been surprised that the date went smoothly. The talking and laughter continued throughout and as they walked to the car he held her close, placing kisses along her cheek.

"We should go. I don't want to keep you out late since we have school and all." He said after they stood by his car for several minutes. Not that he minded getting to kiss her more.

"How sweet."

He rolled his eyes with a grin, "Whatever."

She laughed and he placed his hands on the car behind her, "Be my girlfriend, Jenna." He said boldly, "It isn't like we just met each other or anything."

"Ok." She replied without much thought which took him a bit by surprise, "Ok, you will?"

She nodded nervously and he smiled, "So you're my girlfriend?"

She nodded once more and he didn't waste time kissing her.

He cupped her face and pecked her lips once more, "You just made me the happiest guy in the world, Jenna Nickelsen."

She laughed softly and he hugged her to him, "Come on, let's get you home."

"You forget you have school too."

"Right, but I'm a senior. We never go to school."

She rolled her eyes as he pulled back, "Don't worry though, I'll be there simply because I'll get to see you."

She blushed and he winked before kissing her cheek and helping her in the car. He climbed into the driver's side happily and grabbed up her hand as they drove back to her house.

Jenna really couldn't believe what had happened. She was with Eric. The boy she had a crush on since she laid eyes on him. She watched him from her seat as he sung the song on the radio softly. His hand still firmly around hers and grin hit her lips immediately. Didn't matter how it happened she just knew it was meant to be.

Like the gentleman Eric was he walked her to the door. He stopped a few feet in front of her and she stared at him as the silence covered the two.

"I'll see you in the morning, sweetie." He whispered, boldly stepping to her until he could grab up her hands.

She nodded and he gently kissed her lips, "Let me pick you up." He mumbled against her cheek, realizing he would rather see her first thing in the morning then waiting for her in class. He was too caught up in her to have to wait and they both knew patience wasn't something he had a lot of.

"Ok."

"Ok. Great. I'll see you in the morning. Sweet dreams." He whispered kissing her lips once again before forcing himself away from her. The pair said good night and Jenna felt like she floated into the house.

"About time!" Trey said from the couch and she rolled her eyes as Garrett laughed, "How was it?"

"Good. He's picking me up in the morning."

"Great. Now I can sleep in."

She shrugged and headed to her room, her head now filled with Eric. She managed to change into pajamas and took her makeup off. Although it was not even 9 she climbed into bed as her phone went off. Butterflies hit her stomach as she found herself hoping it was Eric which of course it was.

'I hope you had a good time tonight. I did, then again, any time spent with you is good. :) I literally cannot wait to see you in the morning. Sweet dreams. xoxo'

She smiled as if someone was around to see and she texted him back before forcing herself to sleep. It was odd being this happy.

Jenna woke up the next morning easier than she ever had before. She showered and got ready for the day and as she grabbed up her backpack her phone rang and she quickly answered it.

"Hello?"

"So I'm leaving now. Are you ready?"

"Yep."

"Great. I'll see you in a moment."

She said goodbye and made her way down the stairs.

"It's getting really weird." Garrett said eating a poptart on the couch.

"Why?"

"I dunno. You're acting all...gross."

"Oh like a girl?"

Garrett shrugged and she rolled her eyes before grabbing his half eaten poptart.

"That's more like it, Jen." He grumbled and she chuckled as she finished the poptart. A knock on the door made her grab her bag and sprint over to it.

She opened it to see the smiling boy and she instantly smiled back.

"Hi."

"Hi." She whispered and he spoke, "Ready?"

She nodded and he stepped to the side so she could pass.

"Good morning Garrett." He mused and the boy rolled his yes, "Yeah, yeah. Go mack on my sister elsewhere."

Eric laughed and shut the door before following the girl to his car. Once in he leaned over and kissing her lips, "Good morning."

"Good morning." She responded softly and he kissed her once more with a grin before starting the car. The drive to school was quiet due to the fact that it was still so early. Once they parked in the familiar parking spot Eric grabbed her backpack for her and with his other hand grabbed up her hand. He gave her a wink as they headed inside and butterflies filled her stomach knowing that everyone would be looking at them knowing they were together. It would be obvious now.

"And what is this?!" Pat asked, his locker was right beside Jenna's so avoiding him was impossible.

She groaned an Eric smiled, "It's exactly what it looks like."

"And what would that be? Looks like you've done the worst thing ever and decided to be in a relationship." John said coming up beside them.

Jenna shot him a look and he chuckled, "Nothing against you. I'm just saying."

Eric chuckled and crossed his arms as he leaned against the lockers while Jenna threw her books into hers.

"Yeah, well what can I say? There's something special about her." He mused and she smacked his chest as she looked at the books trying to find the one she needed. He chuckled and grabbed her hand.

"Yes, beating you is special." John joked and Jenna couldn't help but laugh.

"I'm going to be late for class. Coming?" She asked John and he smirked, "I don't know how your boyfriend would feel about that, Jen."

Eric's mouth fell open and John and Pat busted out laughing as Jenna made a face of digust.

"I'm kidding!" John breathed through his laughter.

"Uh I'll see you soon." She said ignoring the boy and Eric nodded before kissing her quickly.

"Come on, Nickelsen." John said tugging on her arm and she groaned as he pulled her to class.

"So..." Pat spoke with a smirk as he sat beside Eric as they reached their math class.

"So what?"

"Are you serious about this Jenna thing? It's got Garrett in a tizzy."

Eric rolled his eyes, "Yes, I'm serious about it. I really like her."

Pat narrowed his eyes at him and Eric sighed, "What?"

"Ok I believe you, but just know she maybe be blood related to Garrett but she has always been like a baby sister to us. If you as much so as make her sad it's not going to be pretty."

Eric rolled his eyes, "I'm not going to make her sad or make her cry or anything along those lines. I just want to be with her."

Pat seemed a bit surprised by his confession, "You really like her huh?"

"Yeah, I do." He grumbled scribbling on his notebook just to have something to do. He was too A.D.D to be so still for so long.

"Well that's good, Eric. Seriously. She needs a good guy and you fit that description."

Eric grinned, "Thanks man."

Pat patted his shoulder before focusing on the math problems on the board. He honestly could tell the pair would be just fine together.

"Jenna." Eric shouted and he wrapped his arms around her almost knocking her down from the quick contact. She laughed as he kissed her cheek with a smile.

"You just saw me not even an hour ago."

"Right, but I can't do this in class now can I?" He asked kissing her jaw before moving and grabbing up her backpack.

"Come on pretty girl, let's get outta here."

She chuckled and shut her locker before grabbing up her hand.

"So how about last block some girl asked me to prom." He said calmly and her eyes shot to him as they walked to his car.

"Oh? Who?"

"Some girl named Lauren. I dunno. I said no of course."

"I see and did you tell her why you were saying no?"

An amused grin hit his lips as they stopped at his car, "You're jealous."

"Am not. I'm just making sure you didn't hurt the girl's feelings!"

He chuckled and grabbed her waist, "Sure. If you must know, I told her I couldn't because I have a beautiful girlfriend."

She rolled her eyes and he pulled her closer, "It's true. I mean, I'm as shocked as you that another girl even finds me attractive but still..."

"Oh please."

He smiled, "I'm serious."

"Wouldn't even matter if you were cute, which you are. Your personality is enough. Trust me."

A grin hit his lips, "Oh is that how I won you over?"

"Nope. I thought you were cute right off the bat."

He laughed, "Yeah? Because right when I walked in I found you. I was hoping you were who I would have to sit by and what do you know? I did. Pretty certain that's fate right there."

She chuckled, "Maybe."

He leaned in to kiss her only to be interrupted by someone gagging. He looked over to see Jared sticking his finger in his mouth.

"Save that for when no one is around. We're going for pizza." Kennedy said chuckling and Eric rolled his eyes, "Fine. We will meet you there."

"If you want to that is." Eric added looking at Jenna and she grinned, "Sure."

He pecked her lips quickly and they got in the car to head to the pizza place to meet up with everyone else.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope everyone loves this story as much as I do. I just feel like Eric is one of the most honest, care free characters I've written in a long time. The innocence of it all is refreshing to write. Anyways, yeah, enjoy! :)

OH and new story if interested;
They Say Feat. Oli Sykes

Thanks for commenting;
AllyBallyBee
dhfadhfa
:)