‹ Prequel: The Space Between
Sequel: On Your Side
Status: Completed.

Stay

Can't fight this feeling.

Eric and Jenna walked into the pizza parlor hand in hand and found the group of guys already being loud.

"Settle it down children." Jenna joked patting Pat's head as she sat beside him.

"Hey Halvo, your prom date is here." Kennedy laughed pointing behind him discreetly.

Eric rolled his eyes as he saw Lauren at the booth behind them. Her eyes seeming to be stuck on Jenna.

"Who knew Eric was this popular with the ladies?" John joked and Eric groaned, "Doesn't matter really."

"Girl better not mess with Jenna...she isn't as nice as she seems." Garrett warned and Jenna rolled her eyes, "I am not like that."

Eric chuckled, "She has nothing to worry about." He responded leaning in and kissing her cheek.

"Oh I know she doesn't, don't think that makes it better."

Eric laughed, "...and you think you know someone." He joked and she elbowed him lightly. He smiled widely and placed his hand on her knee under the table, "I'm joking, babe."

She shivered from the way the word babe left his mouth as he gave her knee a squeeze.

"Ken, you're single. Go ask her to prom. She seems desperate." John teased and Kennedy rolled her eyes, "No thanks. Preppy girls aren't my thing."

"Which is why you don't get laid."

Kennedy shoved the boy and John laughed loudly.

"This coming from someone who will probably have something by the age of 25." Jenna said defending Kennedy like she usually did.

John scoffed, "Whatever."

Kennedy flashed her a grin, "Probably right."

The group quickly shut up as their pizza arrived and it didn't take too long for them to make it disappear.

"Well, see you tomorrow." John said with a yawn as they left the pizza parlor.

"Unfortunately." Jenna joked and John shot her a look making her laugh.

"Oh you love me." He said hugging her to him before grabbing his pack of cigarettes from his back pocket.

"Let's not wait on Lauren and her friends. She might kidnap Eric." Pat joked and Eric groaned, "Stop it."

Jenna laughed and tugged on his hand, "Come on."

The group said goodbye and Eric walked hand in hand with Jenna to his car.

"You aren't worried about that girl right?" He questioned as he started the car.

"What? No. Of course not."

"Oh ok. I just was unsure. I mean, you shouldn't by any means simply because, well, I like you and only you." He stated as he focused on the road.

A grin hit her lips, "I know."

He smiled, "Good. So um, do I have to take you home? Because, well, I don't want to."

She giggled, "I mean, no."

"Do you have homework?"

"Nope. Do you?"

"I always do, but do I do it? No." He said flashing a smile.

"Yeah I mean who cares about graduating?" She teased and he rolled his eyes, "I'll graduate, sweetie. Don't worry."

"Want me to help you with your homework?"

He let out a laugh, "Wow. Yeah that won't be a low blow or anything...having my girlfriend who isn't even in my grade doing my homework."

She laughed as they arrived at his house.

"I'm just trying to help."

"Yeah well I appreciate it, but it's fine. I'll do it."

"Now?" She asked as they got out the car and he groaned, "You sound like my mom."

"Well she's right so..."

He chuckled, "Be warned. She's here. So um, if you wanna back out of it you can."

"Oh no. I have a feeling we will get along."

Eric groaned, "Great..."

She laughed as she grabbed his hand, "Oh come on."

He sighed pulling her into his house not knowing what he was prepared for.

"Mom, I'm home." He called out and his mom came in from the kitchen. A surprised look crossed her face once she saw the girl.

"You must be Jenna." She spoke with a smile casing Jenna to blush, "Yes m'am."

"I mean, I feel like I know you simply because of how much he talks about you."

Eric groaned in embarrassment, "Mom..."

Jenna chuckled and he mom smiled, "Right sorry. I'll just be in my office finishing up some work. Nice to meet you finally, Jenna."

"You too." Jenna responded an Eric shot her a look once his mom was gone.

"What?! She's sweet."

Eric rolled his eyes as he pulled her up the stairs, "She's embarrassing."

"It's cute."

"Because it in't happening to you."

She chuckled as she sat on his bed softly.

He grinned as he shut his door and joined her.

"You're cute." He spoke kissing her nose causing her to blush. He loved to make her blush really. It was one of his favorite things. She was simply adorable. He laughed and wrapped his arms around her pulling her down to the mattress.

"You need to do your homework."

"Mhm." He grumbled nussling his face against her neck. She giggled and he placed a kiss on her skin.

"Be nice to me." He added as he raised up to look at her.

"I am." She whispered butterflies filling her stomach from the closeness. He grinned as he inched his lips to hers.

"I'm just going to kiss you now." He whispered and she managed to nod before his lips met hers softly. He hovered over her gently, not wanting to make her uncomfortable as their kissing managed to stay innocent.

"Did you bring me here to make out with me Halvo?" She asked with a smirk and he let out a laugh, "No not at all, but I'm not against it."

She laughed and he brought his hand to her cheek, "Tell you what..."

"What? That if we make out you'll do your homework?"

"How did you know I'd say that?!" He asked causing her to laugh, "I have you figured out." She answered with a smile.

He grinned and pulled her closer, "wish I could say the same.You keep surprising me."

"Sorry?"

"No. I'm glad. Makes me like you more really."

"I;m so lucky."

He laughed, "Oh you are."

"Ok Eric Halvorsen. Deal." She said grabbing his face and he smirked, "See, I'm surprised by that."

She giggled and he smiled before kissing her passionately. He was surprised by the way she spoke to him and surprised by how she was up to making out with him. But he loved that about her. He never knew what to expect and it made him more fascinated by her.

"I know we made a deal, but...I'm kind of enjoying this." He whispered against her hair. Laying here holding her seemed to be enough for him and he didn't want it to end.

She chuckled and cuddled to his chest, "Making me sleepy."

"Stay the night with me."

"Ok."

He played with her hair as she shut her eyes relaxing against his chest. It was odd how comfortable she felt with him. So safe. The girl fell asleep quickly and he didn't bother to move even though he couldn't fall asleep. He was falling for the girl quickly and he couldn't help it. She was everything he didn't even know he wanted. He forced himself to sleep and when he woke up it was to his alarm. He groaned and slammed it off before he looked over at the sleeping girl. He grinned sleepily and leaned in kissing her forehead, "Hey sweetie, you need to get up."

"Let's skip. I forgot to bring clothes." She mumbled not bothering to open her eyes. He chuckled and let her pull him back down.

"Ok." He whispered. The thought of spending all day with her like this sent butterflies into his stomach. It was odd because he never got that feeling with any other girl. He buried his face against her shoulder as he held onto her tightly.

"Your brother is going to kill me." He mumbled and she laughed softly, "No he won't."

"Oh do you think he's not going to notice you aren't at school?"

"John will cover for me. Relax."

"You sure?"

"Yep. Positive. John is my homie."

Eric stifled a laugh, "Never say that again."

She giggled and he smiled down at her, "But none the less I assume we will see."

"It'll be fine."

"Seem so confident. How many boys have you skipped school with?" He teased and she rolled her eyes, "Besides the boys we are around 24/7? None."

"So I'm your first?"

She laughed, "Yes Eric, you are."

He chuckled as he ran his fingers into her hair, "Can I ask you something? If you don't want to answer you don't have to."

"Ok?" She questioned as he messed with her hair.

"Um, how many people have you slept with?"

Jenna felt her cheeks heat up immediately and he stared at her waiting for her to react.

"Oh. Um. None." She whispered out a bit embarrassed although she wasn't sure why.

"Really?" He asked with a raised eyebrow and she nodded in response.

"Wow..." He stated more to himself than her. It wasn't that he expected her to be some girl who slept with millions of people, but the fact that she was so beautiful and no one had succeeded in such a thing with her it pretty much sealed the deal for him.

"Yeah..." He spoke slowly not sure where to go from here.

"I didn't mean wow in a bad way. Just surprises me because you're well, you're you and I don't see why guys haven't been trying everything they could to get you."

She rolled her eyes, "Only you think that way, Halvorsen."

He shrugged, "So be it. It's true."

"And what about you?" She asked softly as she relaxed her cheek on the pillow, her eyes never leaving his.

"What about me?" He whispered twirling her hair as he stared down at her.

"How many girls have you slept with?"

He grinned weakly, "None Jenna. None."

"I don't believe you."

He laughed, "Why? Why must I believe you but you not believe me?"

"Because you're a guy!"

"So what?! I'm automatically lying?"

She shrugged and he rolled his eyes with a grin, "I'm not lying to you, Jenna."

"Ok." She whispered. She really didn't have a reason not to. Afterall it was Eric. He didn't have a filter none the less could he lie.

"You believe me?" He asked hopeful and she nodded. He really couldn't believe he told her the truth. He knew no one else would assume it was true, but it was and now for some reason he was ok with it.

"Just don't tell the guys, ok?"

She chuckled, "I won't."

A smile hit his lips before he kissed her gently, "Thanks baby." He whispered before climbing off the bed. She shivered before making herself sit up. He grinned and leaned down pecking her lips once more, "I'll cook us some breakfast."

"That scares me..."

He chuckled and pulled her from the bed, "No it's fine. You'll see."

She sighed and he grabbed her hand pulling her to the kitchen. The house was quiet now thanks to everyone being off to work. Of course Eric singing to himself made it not so quiet.

"You must have A.D.D. I swear."

He laughed, "I don't know. Maybe."

She grinned and leaned against the counter as he dug through the refrigerator.

"What are you making?" She questioned and he smiled, "Eggs. Look I can for real cook. Something you didn't know about your great boyfriend."

She giggled and he gave her a wink as he grabbed a pan to put on the oven. She watched him with a smile as he cooked and talked about anything that came to his mind. It was what she loved about him though. That he was so out there and there was never an awkward moment with him present.

"Oh yeah. I'm awesome." He said after he made her sit at a table and he brought a plate of eggs and toast to her. She giggled, "You are."

He grinned and sat beside her with his own plate and she shoved a fork full of egg into her mouth.

"I'm pleasantly surprised." She finally said and he chuckled, "See!"

"You're pretty much the perfect guy, Eric Halvorsen."

"Mhm. Well if you think so that's all that matters to me." He said grabbing her chin gently, making her eyes meet his and he smiled as if he could tell that he still made her nervous. Which in reality was true.

He didn't bother to say another word, just placed several gentle kisses to her soft lips.

"I like spending time with you like this." He finally whispered and her eyes fluttered open to meet his.

"Then again, I like spending any time with you." He added with a grin and she felt her cheeks flush again. This was becoming too routine for her. She hated she had no control over it.

He kissed her cheek before moving back to his plate. It amazed her how calm he could be at times, how he could cause her butterflies and yet seconds later be back to his normal corky self. She forced herself to finish eating and once the dishes were put away they settled on the couch with no real goal in mind. He wrapped her up in his arms as he laid down with a yawn.

"Going to fall back asleep?" She asked and he chuckled, "Possibly."

"Ok." She whispered placing her hand on his arm wrapped around her. He kissed her shoulder and cuddled her closer. As he laid there his mind went to prom for some reason. Prom. Lauren asked him, but why hadn't it occurred to him to ask Jenna? His mind raced with ideas knowing he now would'nt be able to sleep. He would definitely set something in motion this weekend. Afterall, she was his girlfriend. It was expected even if prom wasn't a big deal to him.

They spent the day lounging about, talking and laughing like normal and Jenna had to say that for it to be so mellow it ended up being one of her favorite days.

"I'll see you tomorrow. I had fun with you today." He whispered holding her to him on her front porch.

"Me too."

He grinned and slid his hand to her cheek, "Good. I hope I didn't get you in trouble."

"You didn't."

He kissed her several times, not wanting to be apart from her just yet. You think all day would have been enough, but not for him. He knew his bed would be lonely without her tonight.

He forced himself away from her and she flashed him a smile, "See you tomorrow?"

"You can count on it, sweetheart." He replied with a wink, "Now go inside or I won't be able to leave."

She chuckled, "Ok, bye."

He waited until the door shut to go to his car before he called John.

"Yo." John answered and eric chuckled, "Wha'ts up man? Where the hell were you?! You know how hard I had to work to keep Garrett off your case!"

"I know dude, and I appreciate it."

"You better have been like having sex all day or something."

Eric stifled a laugh, "Jenna isn't like that, man."

John sighed, "I know. Damn her."

Eric chuckled, "Look, do you think you can skip last period tomorrow?"

"Uh, sure. Why?"

"I need your help with something..."