‹ Prequel: The Space Between
Sequel: On Your Side
Status: Completed.

Stay

What makes you happy.

"Where in the hell is Eric?" Jenna asked Garrett as she closed her locker and her brother shrugged, "Who knows. Probably writing you a love song."

Jenna rolled her eyes and Kennedy laughed, "I think him and John skipped. I don't know why."

It wasn't that she was mad that he skipped, she was just a bit aggravated that he didn't tell her. Afterall, she did ride with him this morning.

Jenna walked outside with the guys planning to ride home with Garrett. She said goodbye to the others and they made their short journey in silence. Once they parked in the familiar driveway, she hopped out quickly not really in the mood to be around anyone. As she headed to the porch her eyes caught on to the trail of rose petals to the door.

Her eyes narrowed together in confusion as she continued to the door. She opened it and sat her bag by the door before following the flowers up the stairs. She chuckled not sure what she was getting herself into but knowing it involved Eric excited her. The petals stopped at her closed door and butterflies hit her stomach before she breathed in and opened it. A smile hit her lips as she took in the surroundings. Flowers were everywhere along with the petals on the flower and candles lit everywhere. Her eyes landed on Eric who had a sign in his hand and a cheesy smile on his face. She giggled as her cheeks flushed red as she read over the sign once more that asked her to prom.

She nodded and he spoke, "So, is that a yes?"

"Yes. Of course."

He dropped the sign and scooped her up in his arms, "Hope you aren't mad at me." He mumbled into her hair.

"I was aggravated. Not anymore."

He laughed, "Score for Eric Halvorsen."

She giggled and kissed him quickly, "This is really sweet."

"Good. I honestly try for you, sweetie." He whispered bringing his hand gently to her cheek. She hugged him to her as her face hit his chest.

"I have the best boyfriend."

He chuckled, "I don't know about that."

"Well to me you are." She mumbled into his shirt. He kissed her head before speaking, "that's fine with me. Youre the only one i want to impress."

"And why is that?" She asked movingto look at him and he grinned as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Cause you're mine and I want to keep it that way."

"Ugh I swear you make me want to vomit." Garrett spoke from the doorway ruining their moment. Eric laughed as Jenna rolled her eyes.

"Anyways, John and I are ordering pizza and I had to check out this disaster. So see you in a bit." Garrett said before shutting the door behind him.

"Idiot." Jenna grumbled and Eric laughed, "Kind of funny."

"For you."

He chuckled and kissed her cheek, "So you're going to prom with me?"

"Clearly."

"Just know I'm going to make it so clique."

She laughed, "Oh great. Just wear a nice tux and I won't care."

"Done!"

She giggled and he kissed her forehead, "So you were aggravated at me? Kind of bummed I missed that."

"Why?"

"I don't know. Just never seen you angry or sad now that I think about it."

"Sorry?"

He chuckled, "Not a bad thing, just saying. Would have been amusing."

"Oh me mad would be amusing?"

He grinned, "Yeah, cause you're so cute, I just can't see it."

She rolled her eyes and he cupped her face, "I might make you mad on purpose."

"Stop it." She whined and he laughed before kissing her, "Kiddìng. Want to go downstairs?"

She shrugged unsure about it and he pulled her down onto the bed.

"I love weekends with you." He whispered hovering over her as she stared up at him.

"Why?" She asked softly and he grinned, "I just do. wanna go on another date with me?"

"Sure, why not?"

He chuckled and kissed over her jaw, "Great."

"So since it's the weekend, staying with me tonight?" She asked and he wrapped his arms around her, "Yeah." He whispered against her neck, "Where else would I be?"

She chuckled, "I don't know. Are you excited for your show tonight?"

"Yes and a bit nervous."

"I can't believe you get nervous."

He laughed, "I know I seem confident 24/7, but yes I get nervous."

She laughed, "Don't worry. You'll be amazing."

He grinned, "You'll be there, so I'm sure I will."

She raised up capturing his lips as he let his forehead touch hers.

"Let's go get pizza yeah?" He asked rubbing his nose to hers before removing himself from the bed. She giggled and he pulled her up with a smile. It was moments like this that he wanted to just tell her that he loved her, but that was one thing he had to force to keep in. He didn't want to scare her away. He linked their fingers and headed downstairs where John and Garrett were gathered in the kitchen.

"Dude. You better clean this shit up." Garrett said seriously, referring to the petals still everywhere and Jenna laughed, "It will get cleaned."

"Kind of fun really. Almost made me want to have a girlfriend. Almost." John stated and they all laughed.

"Awe, You need a girlfriend, John."

"Ha! No thanks."

She ruffled his hair as she sat beside him and he placed a slice of pizza on her plate. She thanked him and he nodded as he continued texting on his phone.

"And yet he's nice to her." Ggarrett stated and John chuckled, "it's Jenna."

"So?"

"So? She's like family by now."

Erc chuckled, "So you either have to be almost family for John to care? Well he'll be singe forever."

Jenna laughed as John shot him a look.

"Don't talk about John." Jenna defended hugging the boy from the side.

"This is why I do things for her."

She laughed as Garrett rolled his eyes, "Whatever."

The group ate quickly and Eric annouced he had to go meet up with the guys in order to set everything up.

"See you soon?" He asked cupping Jenna's face like he was going to be apart from her for days.

"Yep."

He grinned and kissed her quickly, "Bye."

"Hey John, for once get there on time, if my girl's late I'll make sure I annouuce you have herpes so every girl in the place doesn't even look at you."

Garrett busted out laughing as John glared at him, "We will be on time." He grumbled.

Eric spoke, "Great! See you all soon." He kissed Jenna once more before sprinting from the house.

"He's too serious about you." John grumbled and Jenna shrugged with a grin, "Come on. We have to go pick up Pat."

The group arrived at the small place the show was being held and they found Jared and Kennedy right when they walked in.

"Well hello. John Oh is early?!" Kennedy joked and the boy rolled his eyes,"Eric threatened me."

Jenna chuckled sitting beside Jared who gave her a grin. The show started soon after and she was honestly amazed at how awesome they were. She didn't know Nick could actually sing this well and of course anything Eric did she found it hard to not be proud of him.

"How was I, baby?" Eric asked scooping up the girl causing her to laugh, "Pretty great."

"Yeah?"

She nodded and he kissed her.

"You're sweaty." She said making a face and he chuckled, "I know. Let's get out of here."

"Ok." She whispered and he kissed her once more. He was extremely happy right now. The high from the show and the fact that Jenna was here. He would say it was a successful night.

The pair said goodbye to the group and Eric walked with her to the car.

"Staying at your place?" She asked and he shook his head no, "Isn't like I don't have clothes at your place."

She chuckled, "Right."

He kissed her cheek once in the car and they drove in a comfortable silence to her house. Then again, they always felt comfortable around each other. There was never any need to question it. I was just how they were.

Eric woke before her the next morning and as he laid there watching her sleep he knew he had to do it tonight. He had to tell her he loved her because he knew he did. He felt it everytime he thought of her. The way she made his heart beat in his chest. He grinned as he stared at her. It was odd how much he loved this feeling, but he did.

"Jenna." He cooed wanting to wake her up so he didn't just blurt out that he loved her now. He brushed her cheek gently and she cuddled to his chest.

"Why must you always wake me up?"

He chuckled, "Cause I get lonely."

"But I'm sleepy."

"It's 11."

"So?"

He tangled his fingers into her hair as he kissed her head, "Ok, I'll let you sleep." He whispered trying to move from her but she quickly grabbed a hold of him, "Where are you going?"

He laughed, "I'm getting up."

"What? No." She frowned and he smiled, "So what? You want me to stay but not wake you?"

She nodded and he laughed, "How's that fair?!"

"I don't know." She mumbled pulling him back to her, allowing her face to hit his chest. He chuckled in amusement and wrapped his arms around her. He really had no problem staying here wrapped in her.

"Still gonna go on a date with me tonight?"

"No, I have another date with my other boyfriend."

Eric laughed, "Oh is that so?"

"Yeah. Sorry."

"Bummer. I understand though."

She laughed and pulled back from him, "I guess we can get up."

"Great!"

She rolled her eyes and he climbed from the bed.

"Should probably put a shirt on for Gar and Trey."

"Nah." She joked and he laughed as he placed his t-shirt on, "Man I'm sore."

"From what?! Last night?!"

"I'm weak!"

She giggled and he frowned, "Not suppose to laugh."

"Opps."

"Come on pretty girl."

"Carry me."

He laughed, "You are silly."

Of course he ended up carrying her down to the living room on his back and Trey gave the a wierd look as they entered.

"She's lazy." Eric stated and Jenna relaxed her chin on his shoulder.

"You let her be." Trey chuckled and Eric shrugged, "She's my lady."

Trey rolled his eyes, "You're already whipped."

Jenna kissed the back of his neck causing him to shiver. This was why he didn't care if people thought he was. He sat on the couch causing Jenna to let out a squeal and he laughed not bothering to move.

She sighed as she wrapped her arms around him since he wasn't going to move.

"You two make me want to throw up." Trey stated with a gross look on his face before he headed up stairs.

"Everyone hates us." Eric joked and Jenna laughed relaxing against the couch. He laid against her causing her to laugh, "You are'nt as light as you assume."

He laughed and turned enough to see her. His lips didn't waste time meeting hers.

"Well, I like us." He breathed against her lips.

"Yeah? I like us too."

He chuckled, "Good to know."

She smiled and he pulled her down onto the couch not bothering to let his lips leave hers.

"It is too early for this shit! And how in the hell do you think its ok to do this on the couch?" Garrett asked. Eric looked up at the boy and Jenna laughed.

"We aren't doing anything. So, yeah, it's ok." Eric stated and Garrett rolled his eyes before walking away.

"Way to stand up to him."

He laughed, "He's harmless. Look, I'm going to head home for a while."

He kissed her slowly, "Won't be for long."

"Ok."

He grinned and kissed her once more, "Don't miss me too much."

She laughed, "OH I'll try not to."

"Why do you say that sarcastically? I'm gonna miss you."

"I didn't!" She said giggling and he gave her a smile, "Whatever. See you soon."

She laughed and grabbed the front of his shirt pulling him to her. He grinned in amusement before she crashed her lips to his.

"Are you trying to get me to stay? Because it's working." He mumbled pulling her up to her knees so she was eye level with him.

"I always want you to stay." She whispered and he grasped her waist.

"Ok. Come with me." He whispered his nose touching hers. He couldn't say no to her even if he wanted to.

"No, I need to get ready and what not."

"Want me to wait on you?" He asked willing to do so as he kissed over her jaw.

"No, you can go do whatever you needed to."

"Not a big deal, sweetie. I can wait."

"You sure?"

He nodded, "Yeah."

She grinned and he helped her off the couch.

"Now go."

She raised up and kissed his cheek before sprinting up the stairs. He grinned and fell onto the couch with a sigh.

"You are so whipped." Trey said and Eric laughed, "Whatever man."

"Yeah well it's fine with me because she's my sister, but you know, if you hurt her, I'll have to go all big brother on your ass, you know that right?"

Eric rolled her eyes, "Yeah, yeah. Nothing I haven't heard from Garrett already."

"Well as long as you understand, then we're good."

"Right..." Eric stated with a chuckle. Keeping the girl anything but happy was not something he even considered happening that was for sure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so. I figured this story wouldn't get that many subscribers. Simply because it's a rocket to the moon and what not, but just know that whether I have 200 subscribers or merely 2 I will still update. I love this story regardless. :)