‹ Prequel: The Space Between
Sequel: On Your Side
Status: Completed.

Stay

First times.

Eric managed to chat up Trey until Jenna was ready. Once the girl came down the stairs he moved off the couch.

"Later man."

Trey said goodbye and Eric grabbed up Jenna's hand, "Come on my love."

"So your brother said I was whipped." He said as they drove back to his place.

"They like to give you a hard time."

"I can see that."

She chuckled and he grabbed up her hand, "Maybe I am, but I'm sorry I like making you happy."

"You aren't whipped. That makes it sound like I take advantage of you or something."

He chuckled, "I know you don't, love."

"So where are we going tonight?" She asked and he shrugged, "I was thinking to dinner and then we will see."

She nodded and he gave her knee a pat. He was actually nervous simply because he knew what he had planned to say tonight and it terrified him, but he had to do it.

By the time they were ready to go to dinner Eric was a nervous wreck. He tried not to show it, but by doing so it made him extremely quiet.

"So, I'd say this is our...well, 10th real date wouldn't you say?" Eric asked trying to ease himself. Jenna of course laughed from her seat across the table.

"I assume you're right."

A grin hit the boy's lips as he brushed his dark hair from his forehead with his hand. He of course then realized how sweaty his palms were. He was nervous which he knew was stupid. No, he wasn't nervous because they were on yet another date, but because he planned to finally say it. He planned to tell her he loved her and that was a big deal for him. He had never told a girl that besides his mom if that even counted.

He sighed as he placed his hands on the table trying to calm himself.

"You ok?" She asked with curiousity as she noticed his odd behavior.

He nodded causing her to tilt her head as she looked at him in disbelief.

"I'm fine." He forced out and she rolled her eyes before looking back at her plate. He had to make himself eat and once they left the restaurant she couldn't help but question him yet again.

"Eric. Are you sure you're ok? You're being super quiet..." She stated as he held her hand and they walked slowly down the sidewalk.

"I love you." He blurted out and she stopped walking. His eyes darted to her as nerves filled his stomach.

"I'm sorry. Wow, that was not the way I wanted to do that." He mumbled rubbing the back of his neck slightly embarrassed now. Of course she was taken off guard by his confession but a grin hit her lips anyways.

"You love me?" She asked and he nodded as he felt a blush light his cheeks.

"Yeah, I um, sorry I've been quiet all night. I just, I wanted to tell you that and it made me nervous and yeah..."He fumbled out.

She smiled brightly and he studied her unsure if she was smiling from his words or secretly making fun of him.

"I love you too." Jenna finally said and Eric released the breath he didn't even know he was holding.

"Yeah?" He asked with hopeful eyes, his hair now a bit of a mess thanks to his fingers running through it in anxiety.

She nodded, "Yeah."

He smiled and held his hand out to her. She chuckled softly and placed her hand in his allowing him to pull her close.

"So yeah. I love you. A lot." He whispered and she giggled, "I love you too Eric. A lot."

"Well, I have to say I seriously stressed myself out over nothing..."

"I noticed. Pretty cute though."

He rolled his eyes with a smile as he brought his free hand to her cheek, "Whatever. Almost had a heart attack."

"Why? Scared I wouldn't say it back?"

He nodded instantly, "I don't deserve you. I know that."

Jenna rolled her eyes, "Oh whatever."

He grinned before touching his forehead to hers.

"Well too bad. I said it back there's no turning back now." She whispered and he chuckled, "I couldn't even if I wanted to, Jenna."

She placed her arms around his neck and the pair stood there in silence for several minutes just taking in each other.

"Ugh. I had planned for that to go so much better. Now if we ever tell anyone how it happened it's going to sound so stupid."

She laughed, "No it will sound super cute."

"Not for me."

She giggled and relaxed her head against his chest, "it's ok. It was perfect for me." She whispered and he gave her a squeeze, "you clearly love me because no one else would say that."

She laughed once more, "Yeah well, I do so that could be it."

He grinned and brought his hand to her hair, "i've never loved anyone before. It just feels right with you. I mean, loving someone else besides you just seems ridiculous." He whispered and she raised up to look at him. He grinned and let his fingers trace her cheek, "I love you, Jenna. And I plan to forever. And I know we will argue and fight and hate each other at times, but I'd rather do all that with you then anyone else."

She hugged him to her and he wrapped her in his arms "Let's get you home. It's getting chilly."

"Staying the night?" She asked hopeful and he chuckled, "If you want I will."

"If you want to I want you to."

He rolled his eyes, "I don't ever like to be without you so of course I do."

"Not like you don't have clothes at my house."

He laughed, "You're right. Well, if you haven't slept in all my shirts yet."

"Hey, I can't help they're comfortable. Plus, they smell like you which I like."

He grinned and placed a kiss on the corner of her mouth as he grabbed the car door, "You can sleep in whatever you like. Get in, sweetie."

He shut the door for her and breathed in as he made his way to his side of the car. He was so happy he was certain he could run a marathon if needed.

"What are you thinking about?" Eric asked on the drive home and Jenna looked from the window to him.

"Just stuff."

He chuckled, "Oh really? Just stuff?" He teased causing her to giggle, "Yeah."

He grinned as he grasped her hand and gently placed his lips on the top of it.

"I love you." He said so casually it made her heart flutter against her chest.

"Love you." She responded softly and she watched him from the passenger seat as he focused on the road. She had never felt this way before. Never felt the way she did when he was near her, or kissing her, or simply laughing with her. It was all so excellerating yet comforting all at the same time.

"So say ten years from now what do you see?" Jenna asked as the pair laid on Eric's bed hand in hand playing twenty questions.

"You." He whispered and a grin hit the girl's lips. He turned on his side and proped his head up on his hand. His eyes now in contact with hers.

"Ten, twenty, thirty years. You. Only you." He said bringing his hand to her cheek.

"Well what about your music and everything?"

He grinned, "None of that is permanent. I mean, that could fade in a year or two, but you, well, you're permanent. What I feel for you will never fade away, Jenna."

"You sound so confident in that, Halvo."

He chuckled, "I am because it's true. You love me don't you?"

She nodded, "Of course."

"Right, so you're saying ten or fifteen years from now you can't imagine me still being in your life?"

"Actually, that's the only thing I feel sure of when I think of the future."

A grin hit his lips, "Exactly. You complete me, Jenna Nickelsen."

She smiled and he kissed her, his fingers tangling into her hair.

"I was made for you, you were made for me. Seem kind of silly maybe, but all the things in our lives led us to be here so how can it not be true?"

"You're right." She whispered and he grinned as she cuddled into his side, holding on to him tightly.

"I'll never let you go, Jenna." He responded softly as she shut her eyes. She hoped not anyways. The pair spent the night together and it was to no ones surprise that they ended up spending the whole next day out back at the pool with the familiar group of friends.

"I swear you two gross me out." Garrett grumbled causing Eric to grin against Jenna's lips. He pecked them once more before pulling away finally.

"Don't be an asshole, Garrett." Eric responded as he sat on the side of the pool causing John to chuckle from his seat.

"I'm just saying! Must you mack on my sister when I'm right here!"

"It's been several months, you should be use to it by now."

"True." Jared responded from his float causing Jenna to laugh.

"We are." Pat chimed in and Garrett rolled his eyes.

"Jenna!" John yelped and everyone looked over as Jenna laughed so hard tears fell from her eyes. The soda she opened was now all over John. The look on John's face clearly proved he wasn't ready for it to happen.

"I didn't mean to!" She stated through her laughter.

"That's it!" John yelled and grabbed the girl as she squealed, "It wasn't my fault! Eric!" She whined and the boy chuckled as he stepped in front of the pair.

"She didn't mean to." He said amusingly and John mumbled a whatever as he handed over the girl like she was a baby.

"Come here baby." Eric cooed holding her to his frame.

Jenna stuck her tongue out at John as she clung to Eric and he shot her a look, "See! This is the problem! She probably did do it on purpose but she knows you'll protect her so she gets away with it!"

Eric laughed, "Yeah, although I don't think you're right you could be, but it doesn't matter to me."

"Exactly! Just wait Jenna. You'll get it when you least expect it!"

Jenna shot John a look as Eric placed her on her feet, her arms immediately wrapping around his bare torso.

"I dare you, O'Callaghan." Eric threatened and John rolled his eyes, "I'm not afraid of you, Halvorsen." He mocked and Jared laughed, "Yeah, I don't know John. When it comes to Jenna you should probably be."

"Oh whatever! Now let me go get this coke off me before it gets sticky and shit." He grumbled stomping ino the house as Eric laughed.

"He won't do anything." Eric mused as he ran his hand down the girl's hair.

"I really didn't mean to though!"

He laughed, "I know, baby. You don't have to tell me."

She raised up and kissed his lips causing him to grasp her hips and pull her in, "I love you." She whispered and a grin spread on his lips, "I love you too, sweetie."

She smiled and he kissed her cheek, "We should probably stop so your brother doesn't get mad."

"Psh. I'll make out with you right here if I wanted."

"Ha! You and I both know you're not like that."

She shrugged and he chuckled before pecking her lips, "Come on silly girl."

He pulled her to the pool and she grabbbed him trying to push him in and he laughed grabbing her up, "Oh please. That was cute."

She laughed and he stepped into the pool with her in his arms, "it's cold!"

He chuckled, "Well shouldn't have tried to push me in."

She pouted and he kissed her before placing her on her feet in the water.

"So cold." She said as her teeth chattered and he laughed throwing his arms around her.

"Don't be a baby."

She splashed him and the pair ended up getting into a water fight which some how advanced to the whole crew. After several hours in the pool the group made their way inside.

"I'm sleepy." Jenna said and Eric chuckled scooping her up in his arms, "Yeah let's take a nap."

She smiled and he carried her up to her room. He placed her on her feet and shut the door as she held the towel tightly around her.

"Put some clothes on." He said rubbing her arms to get her warm.

"Well never had a guy want that."

He laughed and leaned in to kiss her, "Lucky for you I don't want you to catch a cold."

She chuckled and she held out her towel for him. He couldn't help his eyes from scanning over her body.

"Ok you're right." He mumbled dropping the towel and placing his hands on her waist.

Her eyes met his and he pulled her in slowly as his lips hit hers. His hand ran up her back slowly as they fought for dominance with every kiss. He carefully walked her backwards until they reached her bed. He gently placed her on it, his lips not daring to move from hers.

"I love you." He breathed, trailing his lips down her neck. Sure they had made out several times so this wasn't really anything new.

"Eric..."

Eric immediately raised up to look at her, "What? Should I stop?" He asked his eyes a bit wide. He never wanted to cross a line with her.

Jenna chuckled, "No, it's not that."

Eric made a weird face, "Then what is it, love?" He asked not even moving.

Her eyes met his and he brushed her hair back gently as he waited for her to speak.

"I love you."

"I love you too, babe. What is it? You're scarying me."

"Eric." She whispered cupping his face and his eyes met hers as if it registered.

"Are you sure?" He asked as he narrowed his eyes as if it made it more serious.

She nodded and he ran his fingers over her shoulder.

"I, uh, I don't know, Jen..." he fumbled out. He was now a bit scared himself.

"It's not that I don't want to do that with you, it's just, I don't want you to regret it..."

"I could never regret something with you."

He sighed before pressing his forehead to hers, "If you're sure, then I'm sure."

"I'm sure." She whispered and he kissed her gently, "Ok, sweetie."

He kissed her once more before moving from the bed.

"What are you doing?"

"I'll be back." He said quickly leaving the room. She sat up a bit confused and he walked back in just as quickly as he left. She raised an eyebrow and he shut the door, locking it behind him.

"Just saying, perfect time because they all went to grab food."

She nodded and he sat beside her, "And you know, stealing protection from your brother is not something I wanted to get caught doing..."

She made a face and he laughed as he pulled her down onto the bed.

"You sure?" He asked seriously and she nodded, "Yes."

"Ok." He whispered kissing her cheek gently. He was more than nervous. So nervous he found himself shaking as he untied the strap to her bathing suit. He wasn't scared, he was just worried really.

"Hey, it's ok." She spoke softly as she cupped his face. His eyes met hers and he felt himself relax, "I just, don't wanna disappoint you is all, but I have no idea what I'm doing."

She chuckled, "Well neither do I so don't worry."

He grinned and pressed his lips to hers, "I know."

After their moment he seemed to grow more comfortable about the situation and just let it happen.

"I...love...you." Eric breathed out heavily as his forehead pressed against hers.

"I love you too." She whispered and he cuddled her to him.

"Are you ok?" He asked softly as he kissed over her bare shoulder. The love he now felt for her made his heart feel like it could explode.

"Yeah." She whispered shutting her eyes and burying her face into his chest.

"You promise?"

She chuckled softly, "I more than promise."

He grinned pulling the cover higher up over the pair and wrapped her in his arms.

"I love you so much." He mumbled as he closed his eyes happily. The couple fell asleep immediately and like usual, Eric was up before her. A grin hit his lips as he rubbed at his sleepy eyes. He watched the girl beside him sleep and reached out brushing back her hair. He had never felt this way about anyone before. The whole experience was new including his emotions and yet he didn't want it to end. Was it so wrong to want to spend forever with her already?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know. They make me want to vomit a bit as well..ha.

Thanks for commenting;
natzp (Eric and Katie? haha)
Chelsea13 (Seriously, that was the nicest comment ever. thank you. :) )
:)