Motionless in White

Never Too Late

This world will never be what I expected. Too much is happening too fast. Its more than I can handle. And if I don't belong here, then where do I belong? Everything is horrible. This world is a terrible place. And should I take my life, I'd be leaving everything I own behind. And everything I am. Maybe its too late. Too late for happiness. Too late for me. My life is a mess, has been since I was little. I've been molested, beaten, and sent away. Locked up in a cell. They thought I was crazy when I told them. They still do. I've been just trying to stay alive, and am now wondering if its worth it. I can't turn it around. Not after what I've been through. Not after the horrors I've seen.

This world will never be
What I expected
And if I don't belong
Who would have guessed it
I will not leave alone
Everything that I own
To make you feel like it's not too late
It's never too late

Even if I say
It'll be alright
Still I hear you say
You want to end your life
Now and again we try
To just stay alive
Maybe we'll turn it all around
'Cause it's not too late
It's never too late

Chris is there for me. I've told him everything. He's the only one who cares. The only one who believes me. “It'll be alright Ricky, trust me.”, He whispers in my ear. “No one will ever touch you again.” It comforts me. But its not enough. Thoughts of death still flood my head. “Thanks Chris, but I still want to do it. I want to end my life.” He frowns at me, wrapping his arms tighter around my body, almost protectively. “I can't let you do that.”

The world we once knew, won't ever come back. We've been reduced to angry, violent people. All we do is hate, and hurt each other. What more of a reason could I have to do it? The time we've lost, we can't get back. What's done is done. And my mind is made up. The life I had, won't be mine again.

Even if I say
It'll be alright
Still I hear you say
You want to end your life
Now and again we try
To just stay alive
Maybe we'll turn it all around
'Cause it's not too late
It's never too late

The world we knew
Won't come back
The time we've lost
Can't get back
The life we had
Won't be ours again

I sat alone in the bathroom on the floor. The blade in my hand shining in the dim light as I twirl it between my fingers. I take a deep breath, holding it lightly against my skin. A small bead of blood trickles out, and I watch it as it drips down my pale arm, leaving a crimson trail as it goes. I hadn't even cut deep enough to do any damage, when Chris burst in. “Ricky!” I jumped slightly, startled by his outburst. “I told you not to do this. You said you wouldn't anymore!” I hung my head in shame. I was disappointed in myself for letting him down. I apologized, and he cleaned me up, bandaging my arm.

Later that night, I lie in bed. I was asleep, and I was being tormented still. Every time I closed my eyes, I would relive what happened. I could see him, my stepfather. I could feel his hands on me. I could see the horrible look of lust and determination in his eyes. I was asleep, but it felt so real. The images have haunted me for years. I tossed, turned, and thrashed in my bed, loud terrified screams escaping my mouth. I felt hands actually grabbing at me, and I could have sworn it was him.

But they weren't trying to harm me. They grasped me gently, pulling me into a warm embrace. My eyes finally shoot open, and its Chris. I relax into his arms as he rubs me soothingly, comforting me, whispering that he he was there, and that nobody was going to hurt me. It was just a dream. I was safe in his arms. He is my guardian angel, and he's here to protect me for the horrors of my past. I've now realized that its never too late. I'm free, finally free. And I can rest once again.

This world will never be
What I expected
And if I don't belong

Even if I say
It'll be alright
Still I hear you say
You want to end your life
Now and again we try
To just stay alive
Maybe we'll turn it all around
'Cause it's not too late
It's never too late
Maybe we'll turn it all around
'Cause it's not too late
It's never too late (It's never too late)
It's not too late
It's never too late
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay.....as you can see...I'm running out of good songs to use. If you have any suggestions, that would be great. If I can't think of anything, I'll just start writing short stories that aren't based on songs.