Boondoggle and Damsel

1/1

There he was sat again, chaffing the tips of his rubber shoes with his leather coat, trying to make busy with two articles of clothings, two articles of clothing with different materials, two articles of clothing with diverse materials being used in the same master plan. The young man, Jack, was committing in the acts of a boondoggle- an activity that when observed, looks productive, but in reality, has no great value or prosperity. So, why exactly had he been partaking in this scandalous(!) act?

There she was stood again, covering her wrists with the over-sized sweater out of habit, trying to conquer the dissatisfaction with an article of clothing, the dissatisfaction of having her wrists present to the cold air, desiring to also shield her left hand that lacked a ring of promise as this had followed in such a master plan. The young lady, Augusta, was committing in the acts of portraying a damsel- a young lady who is unmarried. So, why exactly had she been partaking in this scandalous(!) act?

As the autumn wind tussled Jack's brown hair, the hair with a mahogany hue, the hair that was being tussled around by a gust of wind- the young man sat thinking to himself. "Why do I keep coming here?" he had thought once. A person wearing a vibrant red jumper ran by, so suddenly. "I sit here and I am conducting myself to my shoe... What the hell?" The wind blew again. Why was Jack here?

As the autumn wind tussled Augusta's brown hair, the hair with a khaki hue, the hair that was being tussled around by a gust of wind- the young lady sat thinking to herself. "Why am I always standing here whenever I cannot think of a word to say to him?" she had thought countless times before. A person wearing a vibrant red jumper ran by, so suddenly. "I stand here and I am conducting myself to covering my wrists... What is wrong with me?" The wind blew again. Who is the man/boy, Augusta?

Taking a deep breath in, holding it, and then releasing quickly enough, Jack leered to the right, contemplating whether to just walk back home. He had a family of brothers waiting for his retreat. They were waiting for him to cower back as always.

Taking a deep breath in, holding it, and then releasing slowly enough, Augusta leered to the left, contemplating whether or not to just call a cab back home. She did not have anyone waiting for her return. There was no one to engulf her at the doorway as always.

Jack then stared forward at the petty female who was also there everyday, mirroring his acts, so he thought. He had considered no less of her than just an individual with her own matters. She was just the blur that was always fidgeting on the other side of the road. He could not make out her features in detail, like he had wanted. Was she old or young?

Augusta then stared forward at the muscular male who was also there everyday, doing the complete opposite as her, so she thought. She had considered so much of him as he seemed troubled by his own matters. He was just the perfect stranger that was always rubbing his shoes on the other side of the road. She could make out his features in detail with her great eyesight. Did he notice her at all, like she to him?

Wanting his questions answered, he stood abruptly to his feet and strutted to the female. When his vision enhanced, he could see that she was young, like he.

Wanting her stress factors terminated, she greeted the man with a simple "hello". When her vision became too clear, she could see that he had his eyebrows furrowed to some extent. However, he had noticed her.

"Hey..." he responded, seeming very shocked by his own motives.

"Um," she began, seeming very overwhelmed by her own motives. "My name is Augusta. Who are you?"

Allowing a small smile to form on his face, he said, "I'm Jack."

Allowing a small smile to form on her face, she said, "I like that name."

Placing his hands in the pockets of his coat, in a swift manner, he simply nodded his head in turn. He averted his eyes to the sky, and began thinking again as the silence settled comfortably around the two of them.

Tucking her thumbs under the rims of her sweater sleeves, in a clumsy manner, she stared longingly at his face in turn. She averted her eyes to the ground, and began thinking again as the silence settled uncomfortably around the two of them.

"She's a very pretty girl. I think Bobby would approve of her... Wait, why did I just bring him back into my head? He was the one who made me come out here in the first place... He just will not stop teasing me..."

"He's a very handsome man. I just don't know what else to say. I mean, do I ask about the weather?... Wait, could he possibly be thinking about me as well? He must think I'm weird for not being an extrovert... I hope he does not think of me in this manner..."

Both speaking spontaneously, they stared at each other. Both sides of the conversation came to an end quickly. Both people hardly got out three words.

"No, you can go first." Jack chuckled, while scratching the back of his neck.

"I was just going to ask if you were enjoying the weather. Very cliché of me, I suppose." Augusta chuckled, while tugging at her sleeves more.

"It's cold as fuck, I won't lie about that... but I guess I like it."

"I like the cold... so I guess I like the weather."

He stared at her again, this time observing her entire figure and the little aspects of it. Her hair was quite choppy, but intriguing to want to touch, her legs were short compared to his long ones, her chest was minor but acceptable.

She stared at him again, as he observed her entire figure, feeling very intimidated. He was very attractive in her eyes- he having the graceful hairdo, the long legs that came with confidence, he was nicely toned.

"Well, I was going to ask if you would like a smoke, but I can already see that's not you."

"You're right; it's not me at all."

"Do you mind, then?"

"I guess I don't mind. You can go ahead."

Augusta watched as he stared back into her dark eyes for a moment before averting his eyes, taking the cigarette out of his mouth and placing it back into the carton, and then his eyes rising to hers again.

"It can wait," he said.

Next, he leaned against the brick building behind him, still facing her small figure.

Next, she leaned against the brick building behind her, still facing his tall figure.

"So, what do we do now?" the damsel asked briefly closing her eyes.

"I don't know..." Jack breathed out.

Opening her eyes again, she took quick notice that he was still staring at her.

"Is there something on my face?" she asked, rubbing lightly at her cheeks and nose.

Caught off-guard by the question, he took a step forward to gently grab her arm and sputtered, "N-No, there isn't anything on your face. I just- I just think you are pretty, is all."

"Oh."

The smile on his face turned bashful, which he was not proud of at all. Usually he was so smooth with all of the ladies. Why was it so hard to cooperate now?

The frown on her face turned upright and into a smile similar to his, which she was proud of. Usually she would frown further at compliments out of habit for some unknown reason.

"Say," Jack spoke suddenly, and sliding his hand down her arm to her much smaller hand, clasping his fingers with hers. "Would you accompany me on a walk?"

With positive thoughts flooding his head, scorns that grew to enlightenments of confidence, he flashed a dainty grin to the girl.

With negative thoughts flooding her head, oh he must think my hands are dry!, the smile that was once flaunting about had disappeared.

"It would be a pleasure, Jack..."

The walk that had begun and progressed further into the day, was an awkward experience for the both of them. Jack was grasping the smooth hand of a girl he had just come to notice more forwardly while Augusta was grasping the rough hand of a man she had admired for days on. As a conclusion to the initial query, their encounter was made for them to grow closer as they were lonely people. Jack was a soul in which no one understood deep inside, and Augusta was lacking a friend or partner by her side.

Is this meeting worthy enough to display that all had worked out in the end?
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I hope you enjoyed reading this [those of you who did]. :)

This way of writing came after a lot of frustration to write something up... I quite like it actually, but I can understand if it was annoying to any sense. Um,

Kinda a long story on how I came to actually writing this... I was reading a fabulous story on Mibba and I couldn't quite picture a character correctly. And looking at the reference picture, I said to myself, "He looks a little bit like that guy who played Patroclus in Troy [Garrett Heldund]."

So I began looking for pictures on Tumblr just so I could use that as a reference to the character in the story, when I came across a post that contained links to all of these fanfics. My goodness.

I read this AMAZING fanfic, nearly cried at the end because it was so good, and then got inspired. So that is how this story came up. c:

xoxo