Wojtek Wolski one shot

Chapter 1

"Come on baby!" Anna MacFarlane called to her boyfriend, Wojtek Wolski. "We don't want to be late!"

Anna and Wojtek had been dating for 18 months. They were going to an end of the season and school year party thrown by one of Wojtek's teammates. Wojtek played for the Brampton Battalion of the Ontario Hockey League. He had been the leader in points, assists, and tied for the most goals that season. The Battalion had lost in the second round of the playoffs though, and Wojtek couldn't wait to be drafted into the NHL. It was only 6 days away. In 4 days he'd be leaving for Raleigh with his parents and Anna.

Wojtek came down the stairs of his billets house dressed in a nice shirt and jeans.

"How do I look?", he asked Anna. She rolled her eyes and pulled him in for a kiss.

"Kocham ciÄ™", Wojtek said, which meant I love you in Polish. Anna loved it when Wojtek said cute things in Polish. She was always asking about his heritage. Since he hadn't moved to Canada until he was 8, he remembered quite a bit of his home country.

They got into Wojtek's truck and drove the short distance to the party. As they entered they noticed everyone had red solo cups and there was already a tournament of beer pong going on. Wojtek gave his teammates bro hugs and they all gave Anna huge bear hugs. The boys loved Anna. She was a rocket, but she didn't dress like a slut. Plus, she was a good person, and funny, and Wojtek loved her.

Wojtek said hello to a few other people, but he had never really felt connected to the other guys at the high school. He got along much better with his teammates, and even though they had school friends, it was always team first. All of a sudden he spotted a guy from school he absolutely hated, Patrick Weber. He was the biggest jerk, and the only guy any of the girls payed attention to besides the hockey players.

"Hey Wodge-tek", Patrick smirked. Wojtek ignored the way Patrick pronounced the J. He knew damn well it was silent. He heard it every Friday night in the arena when Wojtek scored for the Battalion.

"Oh babe, I see Shelby and Kelsey on the porch, I'm gonna go say hi!", Anna told Wojtek.

"Ok hon", he said and kissed the side of her head. Since Anna was talking to her friends, Wojtek walked over to the fridge and grabbed himself a Canadian. He opened the top with his hand and took a long swig. He was going to miss his boys, even if he was excited for what was to come. And man was he going to miss Anna. She was going to the University of Western Ontario next year, so even if he got drafted to Toronto, he'd still be a few hours away from her.

He took his beer and walked through the house towards the back porch. He wanted to say hey to Anna's friends too. When he got closer he noticed her friends were inside.

"Shelby, is Anna still out there?", Wojtek asked.

"Oh yeah, she's just talking to Patrick", Shelby said. Wojtek suddenly felt uneasy and he walked faster over to the back door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anna's POV

"Come on Anna", Patrick leered. "You're the biggest fuckin rocket in school and everyone knows you blow Wodge-tek every day".

Anna started to walk away but Patrick grabbed her wrist and spun her to face him. Tears welled in her eyes.

"His name is Wojtek and get your hands off me" she whispered.

"I think you like it baby", he smirked. "In fact, why don't you show me what you can do right now", Patrick said as he started to unzip his pants.

"NO!", Anna screamed and lifted her knee which connected with Patrick's balls.

"YOU FUCKING BITCH", he yelled and pushed her off the side of the porch, which was about 5 feet off the ground. Anna landed in a heap on the grass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wojtek's POV

"ANNA!", Wojtek cried as he walked through the door. He had just caught Patrick violently pushing Anna.

"Baby, Anna, are you ok?", Wojtek asked as he held onto her tight.

"Yeah, I'm ok", she managed to croak out as she started to cry.

"You're going to fucking die", Wojtek said to Patrick before grabbing his shirt collar with one hand and punching his face and stomach with the other.

"Come on man, stop", Patrick begged as blood flowed from his mouth.

"You don't hurt Anna like that, you scumbag." Wojtek said before punching him one last time. Patrick fell to the ground clearly unconscious and his head made a thumping sound as it hit the porch.

Wojtek ran back over to Anna and soothed her and held her and let her cry. She told him what he'd said to her and Wojtek's eyes filled with tears too. He was still hugging Anna when the cops and paramedics arrived.

"Mr Wolski, you need to come with us", one of the cops said.

"You don't understand officer", Wojtek tried to explain. The paramedics rushed past him and put Patrick on a stretcher and carried him to the ambulance.

The cop gestured to Patrick and gave Wojtek a skeptical look.

"You're under arrest", he said, and the other one put handcuffs on Wojtek.

"Wait! Patrick pushed me off the porch", Anna said as she climbed the steps and winced. Her hip really hurt.

"You are miss?" the cop asked.

"Anna MacFarlane", Anna said.

"She's my girlfriend", Wojtek explained.

"Ok son we still have to take you down to the station but we'll listen to what you have to say. Anna, you come too"

When they got to the station they uncuffed Wojtek and Anna took his hand.

"Ok, before we start, do you think you could sign an autograph? My kid is 10 and he loves the Battalion, especially you", the officer said.

Wojtek almost started to laugh and signed the picture. Then he and Anna told the officer what had happened and what Patrick had said to Anna.

"Ok Mr Wolski, we're going to let you go under the circumstances. And Ms MacFarlane, you have a good guy here.", the cop said.

"I have the best girl", Wojtek replied and they left. Wojtek took Anna home but he knew she couldn't be alone after what had happened so he climbed into bed with her and held her until she fell asleep. Eventually he did too.

THE END