Status: Feed back please.

Mistaken Moments

Chapter 15

Ella was miserable, she missed Josh like crazy. He was constantly on her mind. The next three days could not pass long enough. The last two weeks were hell. She was so happy that the band was taking a break and starting a new album in a few weeks. They also decided that they were going to sell the condo and get places of their own now. Their popularity had grown, as well as their pay checks.

Ella was sitting out on her little deck, the warm June sun was shining on her face, warming her body. She didn’t have to work today, work was becoming redundant. She loved being a nurse, and used to love her job but lately it just seemed like work.

“Hello.” Ella heard being called form inside of her little house. “Where are you Stella?”

“Out here Sara.” She called back.

“Sooooo what are you up too today? I seen on the schedule you are off for five days?”

“Stalker.”

“Pfffftt……..ya know I love ya.”

“How was your trip? How is Mike doing?” Ella asked, Sara had just gotten back from being on the road with the guys for a week.

“It was amazing Ella. I gave my notice at the hospital today.”

“What? Why would you do that?”

Sara rolled her eyes. “Number one, I have a huge trust fund and number two is this.” She said shoving her hand in Ella’s face.

Ella looked down and resting on her best friend’s ring finger was a beautiful solitaire diamond. Sara was beaming.

“Oh my god. Sara really?”

“Yes.” She squealed.

“Congratulations.” Ella said hugging her best friend. She always thought she would be the one to marry first but this was amazing.

“You are going to be my maid of honor right?”

“Well of course.” Ella smiled. “Wow. It is beautiful. Did you have any idea?”

“Nope I didn’t complete surprise!”

“You want a glass of wine. Might as well celebrate.” Ella said standing and going into the house. Sara followed behind her. Ella opened a bottle of wine and filled two glasses.

“On a serious note.” Sara started. “What is going on with you and Josh?”

Ella giggled. “Well we have amazing sex, and I really like him.”

Sara looked down at her wine glass. Ella looked at her friend who had gotten all serious from her excited self a few moments ago.

“What is wrong Sara?” Ella asked feeling a knot begin to form in her stomach.

“Do you hear from him?”

“Yes, he texts me every day. Well usually I haven’t heard from him in like two days. I texted him last night, just figured he was busy.”

“The guy is messed up Ella. I think you should take a break from him. I love Josh and he has the biggest heart in the world. He is still in love with Nikki.”

“Why do you say that Sara?” Ella spat at her friend. “I am finally happy……..and I think……no I know that I am in love with him. I just haven’t told him because I didn’t want to push him away.”

“Ella I am so sorry.” She said going to her friend and hugging her. “I wish I would never have introduced you to him.”

“Just tell me please.”Ella said tears starting to slip down her face.

“Nikki is on tour with Josh, she has been there for the last three days.”

“Why wouldn’t he tell me?” Ella sobbed. “I am so stupid to think I could have competed with her. She is so beautiful.”

“She is a slut and she cheated on him.” Sara said angrily. “His mom had come out and Nikki was with her. I think that had a lot to do with the getting back together.”

Ella felt like she was going to be sick. “Back together.”

“I am sorry Ella. I think he wanted to wait to tell you in person. I just couldn’t let you wait and be excited to see him.”

Ella sat down on her kitchen floor and put her hands in her head and sobbed. Her whole body shook.

Sara sat down beside her and rubbed her back. She hated Josh right now. She had told him off before she had left to come home. Mike actually had to tell her to back down. He told her that Josh felt terrible because he had feelings for Ella, but him and Nikki and been together for a few years and everything was good with them before she cheated on him. He was not giving her the attention she needed and that is why she did what she did. Sara thought was a crock of shit.

“I am so sorry hun.” She whispered to her friend. “You will be okay.”

Ella looked at Sara. “I love him.” She sobbed. “With my whole heart and soul.”

“I know.” Sara said hugging her friend again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A few hours had passed. Ella had finally fallen asleep. She was a mess. Sara felt so terrible. She had stepped out onto the back deck to call Mike. He picked up after the second ring.

“Hi Honey.” Sara said softly into the phone.

“Hey baby. How are you? God I miss you can’t wait another two days.”

“I am not good Mike. I talked to Ella………………I told her.”

Mike sighed. “Sara that was up to Josh. It makes him look even more of a dick for doing what he did.”

“Well I am not having my best friend being excited to see the man she loves in two days on to have her kicked in the face. “

“How is she?”

“She is devastated Mike. I have never seen her so upset.”

“So she fell for him. They haven’t really been together that long.”

“Don’t even start that guy crap. Mike they were sleeping together, and spending time with each other. He was texting her everyday up till the time Nikki showed up.”

“Sara it is just that Nikki and Josh were pretty much engaged till she fucked up. Before he meant Ella they were still sleeping together. It was just a bad move on Josh’s part to get involved before he had resolved any feeling’s for Nikki. I know you love Ella but it is really for the best…..she is just not a good fit.”

“She is not a good fit. What the hell does that mean?”

“She has her own life, she takes her career seriously.”

“I have my own life outside of our relationship. I know I just left my job because I come from a rich family. I am not talking to you anymore tonight. You are pissing me off. Ella was the best fit for Josh. She was good for him, he actually smiled a lot.” Sara spat then she hung up not giving Mike the chance to say anything back.

She went back into the house and got comfortable on the sofa and drifted off to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mike sighed. “She hung up on me.”

Matt laughed. “She is feisty Mike. You have to know how to deal with her. You will learn in time.”
“She told Ella.” Mike said

“Oh shit. How she take it?” Matt asked as Josh walked into the room, he plopped down on the sofa and sighed.

“Josh, Sara told Ella.” Matt said.

Josh rested his hands in his head. “I wanted to tell her.”

“She is devastated Josh.” Mike said.

Josh looked up, he had pain in his eyes. “I am devastated too. She is amazing; she is too good for me. I am really going to miss her.”

“Are you sure about Nikki?” Matt asked his friend, who was obviously distraught.

“Yes, I am sure. I thought I owed it to her to give her another chance.” Josh sighed. “I never wanted to fucking hurt her.” A tear slid down his face. He wiped it away quickly. “I care about her, she makes me feel so complete when I am around her. It doesn’t matter to her that I am Josh Ramsay……in her eyes I am just Josh. Now I will be the asshole that fucking broke her heart.”

“Everything will work out in the end Josh.” Matt said. “You will have to go talk to her.”

“First think I am going to do when I get home.” Josh got up and left the room.

“Well……He is fucked.” Matt said to Mike. “He loves Ella, I know he does, he is back with Nikki out of his mother and Nikki probably quilting him into taking her back. He will realize and it will be too late for him and Ella.”

“I just hope he doesn’t self destruct.” Mike said.

“Me too……….me too.”