‹ Prequel: Bloodlusting

Bloody Vengeance

This Is How We Fall Apart

The air was cold, but it no longer matters to me. Vampires don't get cold. I knelt down on my knees, tears stinging my eyes. In front of me was a grave. Kyra's grave. I was in the cemetery, visiting her, my best friend. He took her from me, right in before my eyes. He killed her. She was innocent. He took her life, and its all my fault. My hand came to rest on her tombstone, a small cry escaping my mouth. Tears finally leaked from my eyes, leaving icy wet trails down my cheeks. Every day for the past two months, I'd come and sit here by her grave. I'd sit in silence, not letting myself cry. I tried to be strong. But this time, I didn't care. This time, I cried. I cried more than I ever had before. All the tears that I had been holding back for months, were finally let out.

Another sob ripped through my chest, louder this time. I cried for what seemed like hours. Eventually, I calmed a little, my face red and blotchy from my weeping. My eyeliner and mascara were probably smeared, but I couldn't care less. All that mattered right now was Kyra. I wiped my eyes. I promised I would avenge her. I promised Riley would pay for what he did. And he will. “Don't worry Kyra, he'll pay for what he's done to you. I promise.” I wiped a few more tears from my eyes, and stood. I lingered for a few moments before turning to leave.

A deep voice startled me before I could move. I hadn't expected anyone to be here, since it was nearly midnight. “I know you miss her Lacey, we all do.” I turned, and Michael was there. “Especially Aaron.” He came closer, wrapping his arms around me. I leaned into him. He lifted my face to look at him, and wiped a few more tears from my face. “She was my best friend. We did everything together.” He looked at me sympathetically. “I know, but you have to move on. Its been two months already.” “Its not that easy Michael.” “I know it isn't, but you have to try.” “How would you know? Have you ever lost someone that meant a lot to you?”

His face dropped, and he looked to the ground. “Years ago, there was a girl I knew. I was madly in love with her. She was everything to me, and I lost her.” “What happened to her?” “Riley. He killed her. Just like he did to Kyra, and many other girls as well.” I instantly felt bad. “I'm sorry. I didn't know.” “Its okay. I know you didn't.” Then , I grew angry. “Then why didn't you do something about it? Why let him keep doing this?” He sighed. I knew he didn't like when I talked like that. But I couldn't help but think it. I want to get revenge, to stop him from hurting anyone else. But Michael wont let me. He thinks its too dangerous. I've tried many times to convince him, but it never works.

“Lacey, we've been over this. Its too dangerous and risky, and nearly impossible.” “You're saying that there's nothing that Riley loves more than himself?” “Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.” “That's ridiculous, there's gotta be something, anything.” “There isn't, now just forget about it and lets get out of here.” I definitely wasn't going to just forget about it, there was no way that would happen. But I took his hand and let him lead me out of the cemetery anyway. “How about we get a little something to drink? You must be thirsty by now.” I hadn't realized it, but I was. I must have been to upset to care about it until now. “Sounds great, I could so go for some O Positive right about now.”