Sequel: When Two Become One

Breaking Away

Should I Stay or Should I Go

Sierra’s POV

Waking up this morning I still felt the effects from last night, only because I couldn’t sleep and it was the only thing I could think of. I came up with the idea that I would just have to get over this little crush I had on Zacky. Ashley was just not right for him but I guess I had to get used to them being together. Rolling over I looked at the alarm clock next to my bed and saw that it was only 8 a.m. and no one would be up for awhile. I slowly got out of bed because I could never get back to sleep at this point. I walked into the kitchen when my stomach growled. Thinking I would make up for lost times I decided to whip up some of my infamous pancakes for the boys. It had been forever since I cooked them but it wouldn’t be that horrible. I looked in the fridge and I was surprised to see that it was more than just beer. I grabbed the milk and eggs and got the dry ingredients from the cupboard. I set everything up and started to make breakfast for the crew. About 45 minutes later everything was ready and now I had to go about how I was going to wake up the group.

I walked to the beginning of the hallway and shouted, “Guys, wake up!”

A few grumbles issued from the rooms but no one got up.

“Hey people, my pancakes are getting cold. Get them while they’re hot!”

Instantly I heard three loud thumps from three different men who fell out of their beds at the same time. Matt, Jimmy, and Brian all came scrambling out to the kitchen wearing their boxers and attacked the plates on the table. The others eventually came into the kitchen to see what all the commotion was about.

Johnny rubbed the sleep from his eyes and said while yawing, “What the hell, it just fucking pan-.”

He stopped mid-word when he saw why the three guys were so quick to get up. When I make pancakes I don’t make a large stack. My pancakes have a diameter of a foot and are about an inch thick. Everyone has said that they are lighter then air considering the size I make them. The most I had seen anyone eat was Jimmy and he only plowed through two and a half. Zacky and Johnny looked at the food with amazement while Liz and Kourt looked up at me.

“I never knew that you cooked.” Kourt said.

“Well,” I answered, “I never had the time and you guys never asked if I could.”

“So all those times when we had to cook and you never helped, all we had to do was ask? I just figured you were a shitty chef!” Liz proclaimed.

Once the four of them got over their initial shock, they seated themselves and started to eat. I took a seat next to Matt who was still making his way through the first one. I started to eat one when Matt looked over at me with a smile.

“I missed this, you being the mother of us. I missed you. We all did.”

“Thank you Matt,” I said, “being back here with all of you just brings back so many memories I never want to leave.”

“Speaking of which,” Brian interrupted, “when do you have to go back to New York?”

At this point I looked up at Kourt and Liz who were staring at me intently. I could see it in there eyes that they loved it here as well and really didn’t want to leave. We had nothing back in New York that we really needed. I would have to tell my dad though. He could send all of our stuff to us so then we wouldn’t have to drive back. I’m sure he would be fine with it.

“Don’t leave us Sierra. I know that I’m not just speaking for myself when I say that we want you here with us. I’m not sure if I can stand to watch you leave us again.” Jimmy said.

I swear that Jimmy could read minds. I looked back at Matt to see that he was pleading with his eyes. He didn’t want to see me leave again.

“Well,” I said slowly, “if it’s all right with you guys, but the girls stay with me. We come as a set, you can’t split us up.”

The table went up in cheers and Johnny ran over and gave me a hug.

“YES!” he cried. “I can have more food from this woman.”

The atmosphere in the room was so positive that nothing could have brought it down.

“Why are we so happy?”

We turned toward the door to see Ashley standing there with two huge bags. I guess I spoke too soon.