Sequel: When Two Become One

Breaking Away

Half of the Problem

Sierra’s POV

We decided that it was time we started heading back due to the fact that our entire bodies were looking like prunes. I noticed Jimmy going around to everyone but Zacky and me and whisper something in his or her ear. When he finished they all wore the same smile that told me something fishy was going on, but I felt like I was making it a bigger deal that it should be and left it alone. We started walking back to the cabin when I began to watch Johnny and Kourt who were ahead of me. I slowly saw Johnny’s hand go for hers and when he took it she never let go. I cheered her on mentally and kept walking. All of a sudden Johnny picked her up like a bride and started to run to the cabin. All I could make out of the screams were “payback” and “privacy”. The group just laughed and continued to walk.

“I think that we should have a wheelbarrow race between Liz and me verses Matt and Brian, for shits and giggles.” Jimmy stated.

Before I could process anything Brian and Liz were walking on there hands, while Matt and Jimmy pushed them up the trail. I soon realized that I was alone with Zacky. By the look in his eyes I could tell that he was aware of this as well. We walked the path for a couple minutes in awkward silence before I felt the need to break it.

“So, you seem to know the guys pretty well. How long have you known them?” I asked.

“Well, actually, I’ve known about you before you even came here. I met the guys maybe two months after you left for New York, because the three of them were still coping with the loss of their friend Sierra and would tell me about it. I’ve never really left their company since. A year later Johnny came into the picture and that was the start of Avenged. Hearing Matt say your name yesterday I felt like one of my friends came back as well because they spoke so highly of you and told me everything about you.”

“Well, I think now we have to be friends seeing as how I’m moving here. Speaking of the guys actually, what stuff did they tell you?” I asked nervously.

“Don’t worry,” he laughed, “it’s all good.”

“Thank god.” I said relieved.

We both looked up to see that the cabin was getting closer. I really didn’t want this conversation to stop but I guess it was going to. I heard Zacky stop behind me and I glanced back at him. He just stood there with regret in his eyes as he stared at the wooden structure ahead of us. Without saying anything he grabbed my hand and pulled me to another trail. He still was holding my hand when he quit walking.

“Zacky, what are you doing?”

“Umm…well…” he stammered.

“Zacky, is there a problem?” I asked again, but with more concern in my voice.

“Well, Sierra, if it’s ok with you I’d rather keep walking with you. I’m not ready to go back yet.”

I studied his face before I found the reason.

“Ashley.” I said.

“Well, you got half the problem correct.” He admitted.

“What else is wrong?”

“Nothing that you need to know at the moment, even I don’t know right now.”

“Ok, well, if you need someone to talk to I’m here for you.” I offered.

“Thanks Sierra.” He said while looking into my eyes. The green pools mesmerized me and I couldn’t look away.

“Earth to Sierra. I knew that I was sexy but I don’t think I’ve ever hypnotized a girl yet.” He smirked at me.

“Oh, sorry. I was just thinking.” I said quickly to cover up my stupid mistake.

“Yeah right, that’s why you’re turning a lovely shade of pink?” he responded and starting walking.

The fact that Zacky just called me out like that made me turn redder. I did a quick jog to catch up with him only for him to start running away from me. I picked up my pace to try to catch up with him. He did the same. I guess the guys never told him that I went to state in track. I went into a dead sprint and raced past him. I heard him panting behind me so I stopped and turned around to see that he had his hands on his knees and he was breathing deeply.

“Damn…you…are…fast!” he said breathing between each word.

“I love to run. How else do you think I maintain this ass?”

As soon as I said that I watched his eyes fall to my butt and I used this to get back at him. I pretended that I didn’t catch him staring at me and bent down to tie my shoe that really didn’t need to be tied at all. He never blinked at all during this and I figured it was time to snap him back into reality.

“Zacky, my eyes are up here.”

His face shot back up to mine and it was his turn to blush. I just laughed and continued walking. We walked for a little bit before we came up to a gushing stream that looked to be about waist deep in the middle. I sat down against a log and let my feet cool off in the water. Zacky joined me and we just sat there relaxing.

“So, can I ask your opinion of Ashley?” he asked hesitantly.

“Well, I remember her back in junior high as a fake bitch. I don’t want to say she idolized me but that was the case. She followed me around and would constantly do things just like me. I know that on several occasions she tried getting with Brian, but he wasn’t having any of it. To be honest, I really don’t like her, but I’ll put up with her just for you because you want to give her a second chance. By the way, I think it is amazing that you took her back.”

I had to force myself to say this last bit because I thought Zacky was stupid for taking her back. I didn’t want to come across as jealous.

“Yeah, I know all the guys hate her and she broke my heart when she cheated on me, but I was like putty in her hands. Do you think I should get rid of her now?”

“Zacky, that’s just an idiotic thing to say! You had the chance last night but yet she is still here. Do you need backup or something when you throw her out the door? We all will gladly stand behind you and chuck her shit out after her.”

“I think that we should be heading back. God knows how much she’s going to bitch at me when I get back.”

With that said we slowly made out way back to the cabin and to the curious minds that awaited us.
♠ ♠ ♠
tell me what you think :)