Sequel: When Two Become One

Breaking Away

Guard Your Junk

After a long drive of nothing but singing to the radio and eating gas station food, we finally arrived at the cabin. I looked over at Liz in the seat next to mine and tried to shake her awake. She incoherently mumbled something and went back to sleep.

“Fine you lazy ass, I guess I can let you sleep considering that you drove for a hefty length of time.”

Looking in the rearview mirror I saw that Kourt was in a similar place. Her face was smashed up against the window and every time that she exhaled the window would fog up. I quietly laughed to myself as I got out of the car.

“Since I’m the only one up it looks like I’m going to do the task of unloading the trunk.”

Eight trips later I had everything piled next to the front door of the cabin. I was a bit tired so I sat in a wooden chair on the porch and looked at my surroundings. Tall evergreen trees enclosed the whole property. None of the roads were paved so they were just basically wide, gravel trails. As I sat there I took in the silence that I had not experienced in years. This had to be paradise. Matt was so lucky to have this. I decided that it was time to make the final move for the luggage and stood up to start looking for the key.

“Ok, Aunt Carol said that the key would in an obvious spot.”

While I was saying this I put my hand on the doorknob, which opened the door. A feeling of surprise fell on me as the door slowly creaked open.

“Wow, this is totally weird.” I whispered.

Walking through the door quietly I looked around the room. Papers with writing on them were scattered all over the floor, as were random guitars and drumsticks. I glanced in the kitchen and saw alcohol bottles lining the countertop along with bits of food. The food looked as if it could be from only yesterday. I heard a toilet flush from a nearby room and was wishing that I had never walked in the door. The door suddenly swung open and a short man with blond hair walked out. He had tattoos going up one arm and his nose was pierced. He sleepily looked over at me and his eyes doubled in size. A few seconds of stillness passed until he started screaming.

“HOLY SHIT! GUYS, SOME CHICK BROKE INTO THE CABIN! CRAZED FAN CRAZED FAN! GUARD YOUR JUNK!!”

“Christ no! I’m not breaking in! I know the person who owns this cabin.” I tried to tell the man who was still freaking out.

“Yeah right, and I’m sleeping with the First Lady. Matt, she says she knows you! Get out here before she attacks.”

I heard an angry groan come from somewhere and a door swing open. I let out a little squeak when I saw the person walk into the kitchen. He was tall and built, and I mean built. Since the guy woke him up he was still in pajama pants leaving all of his tattoos out in the open.

“What the fuck Johnny? What’s this all about?” As he spoke his lip piercing flashed in the early morning sunlight.

“Dude, she says that she knows you.” He replied.

He glanced over at me with a look of shock on his face. He walked over to me and just when I was about to plead for my life I was enveloped in a huge hug.

“It’s been years. I could never forget you Sierra.”
♠ ♠ ♠
comments would be lovely :)