Sequel: When Two Become One

Breaking Away

A Picture is Worth a Thosand Words

The next morning was exactly like the other mornings have been. All I can say is that morning sickness is a bitch. I wiped my face off with a damp cloth and sat back on the bed. My hand went to my belly and I just rubbed it a couple of times. Almost two months had gone by since the conception of the baby and I was glad that I wasn’t showing at all. When the guys come home I want it to be a complete surprise. I missed Zacky terribly and the fact that I was being watched didn’t help the loneliness. It’s been a couple of days since that phone call with Zacky and we haven’t had much time to talk. He’s called a couple of times but it seems that someone always had to interrupt him. That night was also the last time that someone has done something to the house. Safety has settled, but I still feel a slight uneasiness. It’s almost like the calm before the storm and something awful will soon happen. I hope I’m just being super paranoid. Liz and Kourt were going to be here soon to pick me up to go shopping. They felt the need to go searching for everything that our baby could ever possibly need. I couldn’t wait until I had the chance to tell Zacky he was going to be a father.

“Yo bitch! Your ride be here. Come down to thy carriage.” Kourtney called from the doorway.

“I’m coming!”

Zacky’s POV

“Holy shit Zacky Vengeance I love you more than life itself. I know you don’t understand it now, but we’re destined to be with each other forever! I mean we both like purple and I own a goldfish named Ichabod.”

I let the girl babble on as I continued to sign her poster. Smiling at the girl I handed her poster back. Tears were streaming down her face as we made hand contact for a brief second. She walked away in hysterics as a new girl took her place saying the exact same stuff. The smiles I had been giving these fans all day were truly genuine. This was the last concert before we headed home. I missed Sierra with all my heart and couldn’t wait to surprise her. A man in his mid-twenties was the next to step up in the line for me. I hate to admit it, but I was kind of relieved. He held out a picture that I thought he wanted me to sign.

“Ok, who is this made…”

I stopped mid sentence when I actually saw what the picture was. The photo was distorted, but there was no mistaking who the girl in the picture was. Our beige stone house was in the background and Sierra was looking over her shoulder as she went up the front steps. It appeared that she had gotten her hair cut and had some streaks put in it. Looking at the date in the corner of the picture it showed when it was taken. It was a very recent picture. Just taken a few days ago. If I remember right it was the day we had our last decent phone conversation. The hand that held the picture started to shake uncontrollably. How did he get this picture and why? I was about to severely question the man in front of me but it was too late. He was nowhere to be seen. I needed to call Sierra and ask if she knew anything about the photo in my hands.

“Guys, I have to go now. I’ll explain later.” I elucidated.

The cries and boos from the fans I had just left behind made me feel even worse. I hated to do that to them, but this was an emergency. Running to the bus I feverishly punched in the security code to gain entrance. I found my phone and dialed Sierra’s number. She answered on the first ring.

“Hey sweetheart, this is a lovely surprise. You usually don’t call until midnight.” She gushed happily.

“Sorry to be so up front about this, but would you have any idea why some man just handed me a picture of you? Not just a random picture, but this is of you walking into the house.”

The silence that I was hit with chilled me to the bones.

“Please say something baby. Is everything ok there?”

“Oh yeah, everything is just fine. I’m just wondering why someone would do that. What is the picture exactly, like when was it taken?”

I paused before I explained how scary it really was. “Let’s just say that the purple streaks in your hair will definitely bring out the color of your eyes.” I whispered.

More silence filled the air. I knew at this point she was just trying to process the information.

“Sierra, if you’re in trouble or something, I’ll come home right now. All you need to do is just say the word and I’ll be there.”

“No Zacky, don’t cut your tour short just because of some weirdo. Whatever is going can’t be that severe. I can hold the fort down babe.”

“Are you sure baby? I don’t know what would become of me if something happened to you while I was away.”

“Zacky,” she pleaded, “have fun and I’ll see you when you get home, ok?”

“If it’s ok with you, then yes, I’ll hurry home as soon as I can.”

“Zacky, I have to go now, I’ll talk to you later. Love you.”

“You to.” I sighed.

As I hung up my phone the sounds of the guys entered the bus. I heard them call my name and ask for my presence. They needed to know why I ran from the signing. I hope they can help me with this problem.
♠ ♠ ♠
i hope you enjoy!
the story has a few chapters until its done