Sequel: When Two Become One

Breaking Away

I'm Just That Good

When Matt dragged me into the living room I received curious looks from Liz, Kourt, and Johnny. I let out a little giggle and just took a seat at the end of the couch. Glimpsing to the end table that was next to the couch, I saw one of the many stacks of papers that I had seen earlier. I picked some of them up and started reading. The papers were covered in lyrics. Some were grouped into verses while others were scribbled out. It then occurred to me that they were probably in the middle of recording and were in the song writing process. I’ve never been acquainted with their music before this and all I could say was that what I read was amazing.

“Are these lyrics for your new songs Matt?” I asked wanting to know a little more.

“Yep, sure are. That’s why were here. We needed a break from the city life so we’re treating this like a working vacation. We’re really excited for this new album because we are doing all the producing. It’s going to be insane! Hold on, you have to read what Jimmy wrote last night. This is part of the chorus and I want him to sing this part.” He said while handing me a piece of scrap paper.

Taking the piece of paper I read Jimmy’s chicken scratch lyrics.

Must have stabbed her fifty fucking times,
I can’t believe it
Ripped her heart out right before her eyes
Eyes over easy, eat it eat it eat it

I looked up at Jimmy after reading it to see a look of anticipation on his face.

Smiling I said, “Jimmy this is awesome! If this is just a chorus I can’t wait to see what the rest of the song is going to be like.”

A huge grin formed on his face and he started acting like he was brushing dirt off his shoulders.

“I know, I’m just that good.” He bragged.

“Actually,” Brian said, “I think that we should start work on some songs now. We need to accomplish something today.”

“Well, I don’t want us girls to distract you, so I think that we might just go for a little walk before it gets to dark.” I added.

“Ok, thanks for doing that. I hate making you leave the cabin, but the surrounding property is actually pretty nice. Just don’t stray from the main trail.” Matt said.

We all nodded making sure that Matt knew that we would be safe. We got up from our positions to go change into some decent walking clothes. As we were leaving the room Zacky came out and looked at us with curiosity. Seeing the expression on his face, Brian decided to explain the plan.

“The girls are going to go for a walk while we work on some songs”

Zacky nodded and commented, “Ok, just don’t stay out too late or we’ll have to send Johnny out looking for you.”

“Oh crap,” Kourt muttered, “we’d never be saved then.”

We went to the guest room that we would be sharing before Johnny could defend himself.

“That wasn’t too mean to say about Johnny right? I don’t want him to think that I can't stand him or something like that.” Kourt asked in a concerned voice.

Liz and I exchanged looks but decided that we would ask about Johnny later. We all put on long jeans and changed our shoes. We never really expected to do a lot of strenuous activity so we had to make do with our Converse or Vans. Our t-shirts would be fine since it was still fairly hot outside. Before we left the room Kourt had to redo her eyeliner so that she could be presentable.

“AHH, Kourt you look fine, lets go.” Liz whined.

“Ok, ok, don’t get your panties in a bunch.” Kourt said as she put her makeup away.

We walked into the living room and waved good-bye to the guys then started our little walk.