Sequel: When Two Become One

Breaking Away

She's Not A Piece of Meat

Matt’s POV

Opening the window I yelled out, “Have fun! Remember to stay safe!”

“Matt, they’ll be ok. If I recall correctly Sierra can defend herself.” Jimmy remarked.

He had me there. Growing up Sierra held her own with me, Brian, and Jimmy. I would never had labeled her as a tomboy because everyone back then thought she was this little innocent girl who couldn’t harm a fly, but if someone pissed her off, and there were plenty, then she’d tell them who’s boss and end it with a good right hook. I remember one time after she punched a guy in the nose that she said that she had to go home immediately because she chipped a nail. The hard outer coating wore off a bit when her mom died, but she soon bounced back when she said that her mom would never had wanted her to stew in her sadness. I had no idea what her dad was like, but from what my mom told me he was decent to her. This whole day has been so surreal. I still can’t believe that my little cousin, now an actual woman, stepped back into my life. This has to be fate or something similar. Brian’s voice awoke me from my daze.

“Sierra has really grown up. I mean, she has boobs now.” Brian said as if amazed.

“I know what you mean. That little lady has quite a figure on her now. As her relative you have quite a task of defending her.” Jimmy said to me.

I nodded while saying, “True, and I’ll start by asking two things from you guys: number one, you all have to watch out for her as well, and two, stop talking about her like she was a piece of meat!”

“Ay ay captain!” Jimmy said, “Since it’s my job as well I have to call someone out. Zacky!”

I glanced at Zacky who looked caught off guard. I really didn’t think that he was expecting that. He gazed in astonishment at Jimmy and began shielding himself from the comments.

“Why are you guys calling me out? What have I done that was so wrong?” He asked.

“Yeah,” Johnny butted in, “I saw the way you were staring at her. A bomb could have gone off and you wouldn’t have noticed. I think someone has a crush.”

“I don’t know what you guys are talking about. I hardly even know her.” Zacky protested.

“That’s beside the point,” I said, “I don’t want any of you touching her. This is really being directed towards you Baker.”

Zacky huffed and pouted which made his lip piercings push out.

“Ok, now that we got that out of the way, Johnny, hand me the lyrics to the one we’re calling Disneyland Acid Trip for the moment.” I asked.

Sierra’s POV

We had been walking for 30 minutes in silence mostly. The area around the cabin was really stunning. The three of came upon a small lake and decided to take a break from our hike. Leaning up against the tree I gazed at the scenery. The entire lake seemed to be surrounded by giant trees cutting it off from society. Random patches of cattails dotted the bank where little frogs were croaking. A family of ducks swam in front of us and they reminded me of Jimmy. He always had a weird obsession for ducks. A gentle gust of wind blew on us cooling the thin layer of sweat that had accumulated on the back of my neck. Traveling out here had to be one of the smartest things I have done in awhile. I was so glad that the guys had come back into my life, even if it had been an accident. Johnny and Zacky seemed like the people that I would be life long friends with. There it was again. Thoughts of Zacky began floating through my mind again. The main one being that he had a nice ass and thinking of it put a smile on my face.

“What are you smiling about?” Liz inquired.

“Oh, nothing, just the overall general splendor.” I lied.

“Bullshit,” Kourt interjected, “whenever you lie, you talk weird. ‘Overall general splendor’? What’s that?”

“I like the atmosphere were in, can’t I smile about a lovely scene?” I asked.

Liz smirked at me. “You’re thinking of someone. I know it.” She stated.

“N…no I’m not.” I stuttered.

“Ha! You are thinking of a guy. Wait, no it can’t be. I think our friend over here is suffering from a terrible case of Vengeancitus.” Kourt declared.

I figured there was no point in arguing anymore so I gave in.

“Ok, you caught me. You want a cookie or something?” I muttered.

“Don’t sulk over there. If it’s worth anything he’s quite a looker so at least you picked someone who’s cute.” Liz said.

“Well, nothing matters at this point because he doesn’t even like me.”

“Hey now, what’s with the frown grumpy clown? We’ve been here for a day, that leaves a crap load of time for something to develop.” Kourt reasoned.

“Yeah, same goes for Kourt and Johnny.” Liz added innocently.

I cracked up when I saw the look of surprise on Kourt’s face when Liz said this.

“Only time will tell.” I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanx for reading