Did You Know You'd Show Me Your Scars?

Chapter 2

"Well hello there doll! You must be the fresh meat? Chaddy boy here has told me a lot about you." I nodded my head as to give him a greeting back. Its not every day where you are put in the same room as the joker.
"What cat got your tongue sugar? I wont bite...hard" He gave out a shrill laugh. I turned my heard toward Chad, and raised my eyebrow. Chad sighed and just bowed his head. "Now then shall we get down to business, doll?"
"What 'business' Chad...." "Oh he didn't tell you, hehe this is going to be great. Since I let him tag along with me he said that he would give me another fighter to my team, and that is where you come in doll." I felt my face pale, and my hands begin to sweat. I could hear my heart in my ears, and my breathing became shallow.

"Chad you know I don't do that stuff anymore! How could you? You used me just to get out?!" I ran toward him and swung my fist back and had it connect with his jaw. I heard a satisfying crack. His body fell to the floor, and he cupped his face gentely. I finally came to my senses again, and dropped to the floor to see what I had done.

"Fuck, Chad I'm sorry. I-I really didnt mean too, its just..." I got up quickly and ran out of the room. Where I was going I really didnt care I just needed space to think things over. I went up a few flights of stairs and before I knew it, I was on top of the roof. I inhaled a strong breath and let it out slowly.

I sat myself on the gravely surface, and brought my knees to my chest. The view was amazing, I could see all of Gotham from here! A small gust of fall air came, and it made me shiver slightly.
Oh how it made me wish my mother was here. She would hold me tight and sings soft lullabye's however many my heart disired. I leaned back to enjoy the sun dipping down over the horizon of skyscrapers. I closed my eyes and just enjoyed what little freedom I had left.

"I think I saw you in my sleep darling. I think I saw you in my sleep you were, stitching up the seams on every broken promise that your body couldnt keep. I think I saw you in my sleep. I thought I heard a plane crashing, but now I think it was your passion snapping. I think you saw me confronting my fears, it went up with the bottle and went down with the beer. I think you ought stay away from here. I think I saw you in my sleep darling..." I sang the lyrics quitely and slowly faded out. When I opened my eyes again it was completely dark and I saw the bat symbol in the sky.

"Pathetic." I whispered to myself. I got up slowly cracking my bones in the process. I walked over to the door I came out of and pulled. "Are you fucking shitting me, it just has to be locked doesnt it?" I thought of a different route to get back in the building.

I walked towards the edge of the building and saw that I could get to a window from here. I let my feet go first then the rest of my body. My shirt had risen up and I felt myself get goosebumps. I shivered slightly but let my feet drop to the window pane below me.
I looked in the window and saw nothing so I braced myself and used all my force to punch the window. It went right through and I used my arm to clear the rest of the glass out of the way. I really didnt care if I was bleeding or not. I was cold and hungry, not a good mix for myself.

I hoisted myself through the window and I landed with a thud. I rubbed my head from the fall and carefully got up and tried not to hurt myself anymore than I already did. I made my way out of the room and realized I didnt have a clue where I was in this building.

I decided to just let my feet take me wherever they wanted to go. It seemed like ages but I finally made it to the living room! I saw two guys sitting on the couch, and I tried my best not to make a noise. Just as I thought I was in the clear, the floor board creaked. fuck. They both turned around and looked at me strangely.

"Who the fuck are you little miss?" This one with a nose piercing and a few visible tattoos said. "Well that attitude was not needed, asshole. Where is the bathroom here, I need the first aid kit." The same guy I spoke to, got up and motioned me to follow him.
We got to the bathroom and he pulled the first aid kit out for me. "So did J do that to you?" pionting to my arm. "Oh no, I had to break a window, I got trapped on the roof." He just shook his head and gave a small laugh.

"Well little lady, I'll let you clean yourself. Every one has to clean themselves up the first time they get hurt here. I didn't mean to snap earlier either." I nodded my head to him and he left the room.
It was a long process but I finally managed to get all the glass out of my arm, and wrap some gauze around it. "WHY IS THERE BLOOD ON MY FLOOR?! I DID NOT DO THIS, SO IT ISN'T NOT OKAY!" I flinched a bit with the tone in his voice. I quickly picked everything up and put it away. I ran out of the bathroom, and crashed into a hard body. I looked up to meet the eyes of my brother, a bruise formed on the left side of his face. I smirked to myself slightly. He yanked me up by the arm, and I yelped quitely.

His eyes traveled to my arm and his eyes opened with shock, he whispered softly: "Please tell me you didn't start that 'habit' again Ly..." I shook my head violently. "I got locked out on the roof so I had to break a window getting in. I'll explain more later."

"Ahh, little miss Lyssa did you get blood on my floor?" He pulled his knife out of his coat pocket and rested it against my throat. "Hmm, you're not smiling what a shame. Lets put a smile on that face." He grazed his knife up my neck to my chin leaving a small cut, but enough to make blood come out. He inserted the knife into my mouth and pressed it against the edge.

I folded my arms over my chest waiting to see if he was actually going to do anything. He put the least amount of pressure at first and slowly started to add more. "Oh so you're not scared? I'll have to change that." And with that he walked away laughing loudly to himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to paracosm for giving me feedback, it was greatly appreciated :)
Listening to: Chelsea Grin-Cursed
Hopefully I will have the 3rd chapter up tomorrow night. Thanks for all of the subscribers already! <3