Did You Know You'd Show Me Your Scars?

Chapter 4

I was awoken to a fist banging on my door. I mumbled curse words under my breath and swung my feet off my bed. I stumbled over to the door and swung the door open, only to find my brother smirking at me. I glared and him and slammed the door back in his face.

I plopped myself down on my bed, and I heard my door open. Groaning I cover my face with the blanket. The edge of the bed dipped down and I gripped the blankets tighter against me. Suddenly the cover where ripped off me and I felt my body sliding down the bed. I tried gripping onto the bed post but I was too slow.

I landed on the floor with a thud and I looked at the culprit. “Ugh Chad you asshole, why do you interrupt my beauty sleep?” I saw him smirk, “Oh I trust me you need a lot more beauty sleep but the Joker wants me to start your training today!” I let out a frustrated sigh and got up off the floor. I slowly made my way over to the closet and picked out a pair of black skinny jeans that were in there along with a plain red v neck.

I kicked Chad out of my room while I got dressed. I finished and slipped my creepers on. I was finally starting to know my way around the hideout and I was down in the kitchen in a matter of minutes. I looked around and saw that the same guy who helped me was sitting down at the table.
“hey!” I shouted to him, he quickly looked up and gave a small smile. I walked over and took a seat across from him. “Hi little miss, how are your cuts?” “Eh, they are doing pretty good a little sore though but it’ll be fine.” He nodded his head and went back to reading the paper.

"I never did catch your name…” “Mitch. What about you?” “Lyssandra, but please call me Lyssa.” We fell into silence again, but it wasn’t awkward. I asked where my brother was and he told me the gym in the basement. I got up, and pushed my chair in, I waved back to Mitch and he gave a smile.
I made my way to the basement and I heard Chelsea Grin blasting from the gym. I walked in and saw my brother sparing with another person. I took a seat in the corner and waited for them to finish up. Once they were done, my brother made his way over to me.

“Oh so you finally decided to join me?” I stuck my tongue out and stood up. “So what are we going to do first?” My brother gave me an evil smile and I knew it was not going to be fun working out with him…

----------------------------------------------

I collapsed to the floor trying to catch my breath. I never thought the training would be so intense. I felt a presence over me and I opened my eyes to see my brother grinning down on me. “Well not bad for your first work out here. You can go relax now, but be prepared to do this again tomorrow.”

I groaned and got up painfully slow. After what seemed like ages I finally made my way back upstairs. I tripped on the last stair and fell to the floor with a thud. Not caring I just kinda laid there until I felt someone near me. I peeked one of eyes open to see who it was.

“Need help up dolly?” I shook my head yes and he lifted me up by the hair. I clenched my teeth together and balled my fists up. He let out a laugh and I just glared. “Oh lighten up doll, remember ‘why so serious?’ I nodded and put my hand over the word on my chest. He let go of my hair but took my arm instead and led me into this study type room.
He made me sit down and he began to explain his next plan for Gotham. I nodded and listened intently. He was planning on setting the police station on fire, but he needed someone to scope the place out first. That’s where I came in. He told me I needed to be prepared in a week. I agreed and he told me I could leave.

When I didn’t right away he shot me a confused look. “What made you start being the Joker?” He giggled and I saw a flash of emotion pass through him but it was gone as soon as it came. “Well doll, after you get cut up by your dad something in you changes, the beast that was once held in the depths of your mind releases and you can’t do anything but let it consume you. Either it changes you for better or worse. Even though I turned out the way I did I wouldn’t change it for anything.”

I studied him for a moment, looking over his strong facial structure, dark hazel eyes, fading green hair, and the scars. I felt a pang of sadness, but I shook it off. Why should I feel sad for this fucker? “Well if you don’t mind Dolly, I’ve got work to do.” I left without a word and went back to the living room area. I saw Mitch sitting on the couch so I stunk up on him and shouted in his ear.

He quickly jumped over the couch and pinned me down by the throat. I gasped for air, and once he saw it was me he released his tight grip. He picked me up and looked down on me with sad eyes. “Sorry little one, it’s out of habit. Try not to sneak up on people here.” He ended with a laugh. I rubbed my throat and nodded my head in agreement.

It was definitely going to take time getting used to it here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I didnt update sooner, I was just really busy with school. Anyways I would love to thank all of the subscribes I got and my first recomendation! :) That means so much to me! Hopefully I will get another chapter up tomorrow.
Listening to-Sleeping With Sirens: Dead Walker Texas Ranger