Status: Formally on Quotev

You Look Like You've Seen a Ghost

Chapter One

~Dory~

The waxed floors glistened, reflecting the florescent lights back up at who ever looked. The walls were pure white, with the occasional scribble of writing. Circle tables of all sizes were all over the floor, their chairs littered with students.

Yeah, students. This is my school cafeteria.

My name is Dory, and I am a fertile vampire. I don't want to go into specifics but vampires are quite real. Fertiles such as myself and my only friend Jackie, are able to bare children.We are petite, and give in easily. There are both male and female fertiles, but only 1 in 50 are female. So as you can tell, almost the dom's are gay. All doms are male of course.

What is a dom? They are the ones humans like you should fear. They will torture you unimaginable ways, tear out your throat and sew you back together just to do it again. But, if you are a fertile, and the dom's mate, they are protective, possessive, sweet hearts. They can be demanding but we don't mind.

As a female fertile, it really narrows down mate possibilities. Jackie has had a crush on a dom more than once who was gay. I don't use myself as an example because I don't really have any crushes.

I lied, I have one.

His name is Devin Sola, and I feel like he's not gay. I don't know I just...I feel like I know it. But the upsetting part is that he's a senior. He's seventeen, and at that age a dom is a legal adult. I am a fifteen year old freshmen. His mating ceremony is this year, in a few months actually. Mine isn't for two years, when I'm seventeen. So there's no way we'd be mated together. I've never actually spoken to him, then again I don't speak much. It seems if he's not around his group of friends, neither does he.

But no matter how hard I try, I just can't like anyone else that way.

Unlike Jackie who has the opposite problem, she likes everyone it seems. She constantly goes on about the dom of the day, gay or not. Frankly I just don't care about her ramblings, but she's my one and only friend so I at least pretend to listen.

“...I just wish Gerard Way wasn't a senior, ya know?” she finished.

Trust me Jackie, I know how that feels.

I nodded, and offered a small smile, then picked at my salad.

“So, you got your eye on anyone?” she asked. No, I never told her about Devin, sorry to say this but she's a fearless blabbermouth with no filter.

“Nah, if only.” I lied, shrugging.

She smirked and took a bite of her chicken tender.

~Devin~

“No shit!?” Ricky asked eagerly to his most likley mate, the only fertile in our group, Josh Balz.

“No I'm totally serous."

“Sweet!”

I have no clue what their talking about, nor do I have any desire too. I'm awfully detached today, I don't know why though.

“Dude, earth to Sola!” Angelo pushed me, I looked at him.

“What?”

"I asked if your excited for them mating ceremony?” Chris said.

“Uh...sure.” In truth, I'm kinda not. I don't know I just feel like I'm going to be one of the dom's who doesn't get mated. Not forever, but at school. If I am one of those doms, perhaps my mate goes to a different school. It's as simple as that.

But if my mate is anywhere in this school, I'll be mated with her. Yes her. Unlike pretty much all the doms here, I'm not gay. I don't think the male fertiles know that though, I get flirted with a lot and I just let them down gently.

But there is an up side to being straight, there are only like 20 female fertiles in this school total. So I guess it narrows it down.

Then again my mating ceremony is in a few months, two to be exact. The fertles are all ecstatic, they all have favorites though. Mainly; Gerard Way, Jake Pitts, my friend Chris Cerulli and Ronnie Radke.

How do I know this? Not only do they talk about one of them, or all of them god forbid, but I can read minds. Sometimes just emotions, but with fertiles I can read their minds. Sure there's been a few Dom's I can read but they get pissed. Luckly I have to touch them to read them, and that pretty much never happens. I can read my friends with out physical contact though. If I'm not touching them, they don't know I'm doing it.

For example, Ryan is currently thinking and I quote “Mikey Way is so wonderfully awkward...he's so beautiful.”

Chris is thinking “Bryan Money is so adorable...probably not my mate but pretty fuckin' adorable.”

A flash of someone's thought rammed into my head, all I got was “...his name is Devin Sola...” My head flew up and I looked all over for who had thought that. It was a female voice and there are only 5 females in this room.

I tried to read people to find the correct voice but it suddenly stopped working. It does that sometimes, I get 'power outages' if you will. At the most inconvenient of times I must say.

Fuuuuuuuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my most popular story on Quotev, so I decided to post it here too. As of yet, I have 11 chapters up there.

Please let me know what you think so far