Status: Formally on Quotev

You Look Like You've Seen a Ghost

Chapter Fifteen

--Time lapse_--

School had been out for an hour, and Andy and I were sitting in the living room doing our homework. Mine was a take home test and an 'interview' I was supposed to do with a dom of my choice. Andy of course.

Where does a male fertile give birth? -The Anus

I finished up my quiz and put it in my folder.

“Hey Andy, can you answer some questions for my homework?”

“Sure kiddo.” he leaned back against the couch. “Shoot.”

“How often do you hunt for live prey?”

“Ugh, thats a lot of work. Maybe... three times a month.”

“Do you prefer prey that is old, young, or middle aged?”

He pursed his lips. “Like 20-40. Does that count as middle aged?”

“It does now.” I marked it down.

He chuckled.

“Would you feed from a pregnant human?”

“No, unless I had a grudge then I'd...uh, let's just go with no.” he stopped himself.

“Mm. If the fertile you protected asked if you both could get a dog, would you?”

“Well, yea- wait...is that on the list?” he asked, catching on.

“No.” I giggled.

“So you want a dog?”

I nodded.

“What kind? Nothing small and pathetic.”

I pouted. “But... I wanted a tea cup chihuahua.”

He looked stunned, like he regretted his words. He opened his mouth to take them back but I shook my head. “Just messing with ya. I hate those.”

He grinned. “Wanna pick one when we get there?” He asked.

“Sure.” We left the house.

Once we arrived at the animal shelter, Andy put a possessive arm around my waist as a group of passing doms eyed me. As soon as Andy entered, all the dogs that were barking stopped. It was silent, except for our foot steps.

Dogs tended to be afraid of vampires, cat's were terrified of doms only. I used to have a cat, but my dad killed it when it peed on the floor.

R.I.P Snickers.

A human woman at the front desk looked shakily up at us.

“Dogs.” Andy sneered.

She quickly got up, and quivered over to the door taking us to the dog room where they all sat or hid in their pens.

She was visibly shaking as we crossed the cement floor, the stench of animal shit was heavy.

I pityed her, so I stepped away from Andy and whispered in her ear. “You can bring someone else if you'd like.” I'm sure they have fertiles working here.

“T-thank you.” she hustled out.

Soon, a fertile boy came in happily with his hands in his pockets. Andy's posture relaxed.

“Hey, I'm Alex.” he smiled.

“I'm Dory, this is Andy,”

“Nice to meet you.” Alex hugged me and smiled at Andy.

“So, dogs right?”

Andy nodded.

“Okay, do you have a breed in mind?”

“According to this dummy here, quote 'nothing small and pathetic'”

Andy pursed his lips and I grinned.

Alex smiled. “Okay, so a larger dog. Follow me please.” We passed small pens with Pomeranians, Jack Russel Terriers and yes, tea cup chihuahuas.

Soon we were surrounded by Rottweilers, Dobermans, Golden Retrievers, Labs and mastiffs.

“Harvey here is a good boy. He's 2 years old, and does a few tricks.” Alex comment on a large Rottweiler.

“Meh.” Andy yawned.

We went down the entire line of large dogs, none of witch Andy liked.

I took a slight shine to an English Mastiff named George. Andy said he looked too lazy.

A female scream filled the air, nails on concrete ran around.

“Manson's out!” the voice cried.

“Shit!” Alex clutched onto me as a large black Great Dane rounded the corner, running straight at us!In a blink Andy was in front of us, legs spread, arms wide and bent at the elbow.

The Dane called Manson bared it's teeth and ran at Andy who didn't flinch. Andy ripped a growl that frankly scared the shit out of me, and bared his fangs.

My heart hammered in my ears until the dog sat one foot from Andy eyeing him respectfully.

Alex looked confused, but did not let go of me. “But...he's the most violent dog any of us have ever seen, he's killed 3 humans and was going to be put down today.”

Andy slowly reached out toward the dog who now sat calmly, its docked tail wagging slightly.

He pet it's head and got on his knees being a bit below the dog's head now. Alex and I remained still as Andy leaned forward and slid his teeth over Manson's neck. The dog put it's head to the side submissively as a fertile would have.

Andy was showing the dog he was in charge, and that given reason he would not hesitate to snap it's neck. Showing that he was more dominant than the dog.

Andy turned and looked at me.

“Pet him Dory.”

No matter how scared I was, the naturally dominant tone of his low voice made me obey. I slowly detached myself from Alex and reached a hand out. Manson sniffed my hand gingerly then licked it. Feeling more at ease, I pet him and laughed when he rolled over for a belly rub that I gladly gave him.

“Manson is 2 year old, so he's full grown. We named him here after the Manson murders. He is not nudered. He uh, he's 38 inches. Two inches more than standard for large males. We think he was bred to be aggressive, maybe a hunter. He eats anything, but for his size should eat 3 cups of kibble twice a day. Oddly he doesn't really seem to drool unless he's eating. And...I've never seen him act like this.”

I was rubbing Manson's belly, he was wagging his tail and shaking his leg.

“He just needed to know who was in charge. Any dom could have tamed him.” Andy commented.

“A few have tried, none succeeded.”

“ I'm special then.” Andy smiled.

Alex nodded.

“Andy can we get him?” I asked, looking up.

“I don't think that's a safe choice. But you seem to handle him well. How about you play with him and walk him first?” Alex suggested.

“Okay.”

Alex scooted slowly, never turning his back, to the door where the office is. He returned with a thick studded collar and a thick leash. He handed them to Andy who thanked him. I got Manson to stand by pushing on his side, he rolled over and sat.

Andy fastened the collar around his throat, closing it where it clasped like a belt. He put the leash on the loop and wrapped his end around his hand a few times.

I stood up and Andy walked Manson through office, the human from before jumped onto her desk with a squeak.

Manson didn't even look at her. He walked beside Andy, next to me with Alex on the other side of Andy.

Manson didn't pull Andy, not that he could, nor did he chase anything. He ignored everything but Andy, speeding up and slowing down at Andy's tug.

Andy stopped, the large dog sat. He held the leash out to me. “You try. Trust him.”

Alex looked at me incredulously as I took the leash. Manson looked from Andy to me then tilted his head as if asking 'we going or not?'

I began to walk and Manson walked in front of me. If you watch the Dog Whisperer where a dog walk on a leash is important. He walked beside Andy, showing that he is loyal to Andy and knows that Andy is the 'alpha'

Manson walks in front of me not to show he is more dominant than me, but he can feel that I am a fertile and I need protecting. So that's what he's doing. I noticed his ears were alert and his tail placement showed he was wary.

When we made it back to the door, Andy grinned. “Perfect so far.”

Alex took us to the large dog toy room, equipped with KONG toys and durable things. Andy and I both played with him, discovering that he could fetch, sit, stay, lay down and roll over. Alex was baffled and watched in awe.

Andy got a bone and gave it to him, letting him chew on it for a few minuets before taking it back to see if he was food aggressive. He then had me do it, Manson let me have it no problem.

Andy agreed that we should get Manson, despite Alex's protests. While Andy paid and filled out the paper work, I went to the cat room. Once there, a black cat/kitten with orange eyes caught my attention. Her card said she was a stray, explaining why she was so large, she was almost 1 year old, (Still a kitten barely) she was fixed and was dog and child friendly.

Her name was Sally
I took her out and held her, then played with her. She was affectionate and intelligent. I wish we could get her. Wait...maybe we can. I touched my mark and Andy stood in front of me at once.

I held her out to him. “Can we get her?”

He raised an eye brow and eyed her, something she did right back. She let him pet her but did not seem too comfortable with it.

“We should see how Manson reacts to her.”

I nodded, carrying her out out. Manson was tied to a poll. Andy took Sally from me in case Manson got aggressive. He sniffed the air and Andy put the cat town, she pranced over to the dog and they smelled each other before she batted his face play fully. He raised his head so she wouldn't reach. She rubbed against him purring.

“I guess we're getting the cat too.” Andy sighed.

“Yay!” I hugged him tightly before taping my chest so Sally would jump up. I cought her and pet has as she purred.

“Who do we have here?” Alex asked, handing Andy the feline paper work.

“Sally.” I answered.

“She's a great cat. No one really likes black cat's though.” he commented.

“I do.”

He smiled, it grew as a dom came in.

“Hey babe.” he greeted Alex.

“Not at work.” Alex flirted.

“Sorry.” the dom smiled.

“Dory, Andy this is my mate Nick.” Alex smiled.

“Nice to meet you.” I smiled and gave him a half hug, he and Andy nodded in greeting.

“Their getting Manson?” He asked.

“Yeah, he's a sweet heart believe it or not.” I patted the dog's head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Make sure you've read this blog! It's important!