Status: Formally on Quotev

You Look Like You've Seen a Ghost

Chapter 2

~Dory~

Jackie stayed the night at my house, and for that I was thankful. Not because I enjoyed her company so much as because it meant witnesses. My dad...gets....abusive, to my mother and I. He's never tried to hit or hurt my 2 year old fertile brother Brandon, but I'm worried he will. Brandon's so little it could seriously injure him, mom and I are used to it though.

If anyone found out what my dad does he would be tortured and killed by the counsel. Their like cops for vampires, but with more power.

Not even Jackie has a clue what goes on behind closed doors, and with any luck she never will.

The next two months flew by and soon, we were all sitting in the auditorium. Today is the day of the mating ceremony for senors. Everyone, even the humans, had to go out of respect.

I was sitting with my class in the back of the auditorium, next to Jackie who was eyeing up Ronnie Radke.

We all had to dress up a bit, again out of respect. It's the end of the day, so everyone has their bags and such. Mine sits on the floor between my feet

“Welcome to the senor mating ceremony! We are proud of our students and wish them luck in life. Let's begin.” The dom principle said, standing in front of the human principle who looked like he was going to shit himself.

“Billie Joe Armstrong...” the green eyed dom walked up on the stage. “...and Tre Cool.” The hyper fertile ran up onto the stage and jumped into Billie's arms, beaming. Billie Joe planted a kiss on his lips, set him down, intertwined their fingers and walked off the stage as everyone applauded.

“Chris Cerulli...” I looked up, he's in Devin's circle of friends. “...and Christian Coma.” Ha, C.C and CC. They kissed and CC skipped off the stage, holding Chris' hand.

As he kept going down the alphabet, I got bored. I no longer herd names just the applause after wards. I fiddled with my fingers, not looking up nor listening until I herd one of Devin's friends names.

“Ricky Olson and...Josh Balz.” I grinned slightly, even from a distance I could see they had chemistry. They seemed thrilled and made out a bit before the principle shooed them off the stage.

“Angelo Parente...and Bryan Money.”

“Ronnie Radke...” Jackie sat up, paying attention. “And Craig Mabbitt.”

She pouted and slouched back in her seat.

“Ryan Sitkowski...and Mikey Way.”

The next one was the one I knew would hurt me to hear. I'd be alone forever, that's it.

“Devin Sola...” My heart tightened and dropped. “...And....and...” The principle made a slight face, and called over his assistant principle who looked at the paper and made a face as well. The crowd began to murmur quietly, what's wrong?

Devin looks a bit scared also, whats going on?

“And Dory Griffin.” the principle finished.

WHAT?!?!

Everyone turned to stare at me, some glaring. I gulped and looked over to Jackie for support but she only gave me a death glare.

It was dead silent. Oh my god. I slowly picked up my bad, slung it over my shoulder and made my way down the isle, past all the judging eyes.

“...rigged...” “...whore...” “...desperate...” I shook my head, trying to ignore all the names they whispered.

I watched my feet on the floor, my heat beat so loud I'm sure all the dom's can hear it. My hands shook as I used the railing to go up the stairs to the stage and over to Devin, for the first time.

I dared to meet his eyes, but he looked down at me, glaring slightly. I looked back down at my shoes, everyone was silent.

“Ahem...moving on...” The principle said trying to get back into the swing of things. The Assistant Principle waved Devin and I to follow him. We did, he took us into the hall way. I didn't look up at Devin again, I was scared of what I might see.

He's an adult, and I am a child. This can't work.

“Someone messed up! She's like fourteen!” Devin growled at the principle who glared. “No one messed up, look at the tests yourself.” He threw a packet at Devin.

“I'm fifteen.” I said, barely able to make any sound.

Devin looked up and glared, I shrank back regretting speaking at all.

How did our tests get compared in the first place? They have you take a test every year from 7th grade up, to see how you change and mature. All of my tests were compared to his, and this is what happened.

“She can't be my mate! It's impossible! She's nothing but a child!” He growled.

Impossible! ...Nothing but a child! I bit my lip and couldn't suppress a whimper, rejection stung me.

“She is a fertile none the less! You WILL respect her!” the assistant principle growled back, he probably herd me.

Devin stood threateningly, only to be matched. He sat back down in surrender, and didn't seem to happy about it.

“She is your mate, you will do as everyone else. She will move in with you, your classes will be changed, you will escort her everywhere.”

Devin released a throaty growl but stood, knocking the chair back onto the ground. I flinched back as he turned and stalked towards me.

“...hi” I said quietly, looking at his shoes.

He sighed angrily, grabbed the handle of my backpack and towed me out of the office. I jogged to keep up with his long strides, I could feel rage coming from him. Normally for fertiles it was a turn on, but this rage was kinda directed at me. And that's a completely different story, I'm scared to say the least. He strode up to a black mustang, opened the passenger door, pushed me in and suddenly was putting the key in the ignition. I closed the door and buckled up just as he sped out of the parking lot.

I felt him glance at me every few seconds, but I didn't' look up. I never thought this would actually happen, I thought it was just a crush thing. But if this is how he treats fertiles, I don't like it. I don't regret dreaming of this though, I'm entitled to my feelings.

The soundtrack to The Nightmare Before Christmas flowed through the speakers , I lipped the words and swayed side to side a bit.

“Boys and girls of every age, wouldn't you like to see something strange? Come with us and you will see, this is our town of Halloween...”

We pulled up to a Gothic style house, as soon as he parked he grabbed my wrist and towed me inside. Dom speed is trippy.

“Leave your bag here, we will go to your house and get your things.” He hissed, still glaring.

I nodded and dropped my bag to the floor.

_---

When we arrived at my house I went in first, greeted by my little brother. Brandon ran over and hugged my legs, stopping me in my tracks. “Hey B, where's mom and dad?” I hugged him back the best I could.

“Dad's in his study and mommys...” He looked up at Devin. He did it again. Dad hit mom again.

I frowned and followed Bren to my parents room where mom was putting cover up on his face.

“Oh momma!” I rushed over, he gave me a sad smile.

“It's my fault, I keep upsetting him.”

“No, no momma its not because of you.” I assured him.

He didn't answer, but finished his make up.

I headed out to the living room where Devin was looking out the window.

My mom came in and looked at Devin, a confused look on his face. “Jack...” She called, my dad came in and I walked over to Devin so dad would know he wasn't going to hurt anyone. He was there with me, if he wanted to be or not.

Devin turned and eyed my parents and little brother, dad glared a bit. “Mom, dad this is...Devin.” I didn't want to upset him by calling him my mate.

“Devin this is my mom Derek, my dad Jack and my little brother Brandon.”

“You look old to be courting my daughter.” Dad commented skeptically.

Devin glared but said nothing. He reached in his pocket and held out a paper to my dad, who slowly took it from him and read it.

Mom read over dad's shoulder on his tippy toes, then grinned. Dad had his mouth set in a distasteful fashion, I knew he wasn't happy. He'd blame me. But he won't do anything with Devin here.

“This cannot be right!” he growled.

“That's what I said.” Devin crossed his arms over his chest.

Mom skipped over to Devin fearlessly and hugged him tightly. “Welcome to the family Devin!”

Devin stiffened but patted mom's back, not wanting to hurt his feelings. Dad glared at me all the while, eyes darkening.

I stepped back and hugged myself, like some how my thin arms would protect me. Rage poured off of dad, then from Devin.

“We are taking her things, and leaving.” he said.

Dad growled and stomped out the door. Momma's gonna get it when I leave. Oh no. I frowned, and gave an apologetic look to mom. He nodded that it was going to be okay, then headed to the kitchen.

Brandon tugged at Devin's pant leg. I went to bat him away, not wanting to make Devin dislike me more but to my surprise, Devin knelt on the floor and let Brandon whisper in his ear.

Devin smirked slightly and shook his head, standing up. “Ah young child ignorance.” he grinned.

“W-what did he say?”

“Ask him.” Devin sniffed the air, following my sent no doubt and headed up the stairs. I knelt in front of Brandon.

“What did you say?”

He blushed “I say you and Devin make pretty babies.”

OH MY GOD. My stomach dropped. What if Devin wants kids? I can't do that! Well...I can but...I'm fifteen! No way! My heart clenched at the thought of it, not only is the age difference a problem, but I'm not ready for sex. Not even close! I...I can't...I...no...

I looked up to see Devin come down the stairs with a bunch of bags, and my violin case.

~Devin~

I waited in her room and listened, hearing him tell her what he told me. Then I slipped into her head. OH MY GOD. What if Devin want's kids? I can't do that! Well...I CAN but...I'm fifteen! No way! Not only is age difference a problem, but I'm not ready for sex. Not even close!

Like I'd even want to have sex with her. I'm not having sex with anyone but my right hand and my mate. Yeah, I know she isn't my mate. Theres no way. It's a bunch of bullshit! Someone fucked up.

That little bitch is completely clueless. I'll never accept her. Ever. This whole thing will just blow over, someone will find out who messed up, she'll leave and I'll get my real mate.

The faster I never see her again the better. I'll put up with her for now. I don't have a choice.

I headed down the stairs with her bags and violin case. She hugged her brother and opens the door for me, I didn't thank her or anything and put the bags in my car grudgingly.

“Come on...” Fuck whats her name? I wasn't listening.

She came out and got in the car with me. “Dory. My name is Dory.”

What a dumb name.

I made an 'mmhmm' sound like I was listening and pulled out of the driveway.

___---

When we made it to my house I informed her she'd be sleeping on the couch, her things would be kept in the coat closet. I don't plan on her staying long.

She didn't object, I knew she wouldn't. She was the ultimate 'roll over' fertile. She'd never dream of opposing me, or any dom.

By now it was 4 o'clock. We sat on the couch, on opposite ends.

“W-when would you like dinner?” she asked.

From you? Never.

“I'm eating out. I'll bring you back something.”

She frowned a bit but agreed. I could feel that hurt her, but she was trying not to show it. I don't care how she feels frankly. She's nothing to me.

“Go do something, your boring.” She nodded and headed to the closet where she returned with her violin case.

“Can I play for you?” she asked meekly.

I shrugged. I'm comfy, this is my house, I'm not going anywhere.

“May I do another?” she asked.

“Whatever.” I sighed, sprawling out on the couch.

She played something elegant and beautiful, she played with her heart as opposed to her hands. I never expected this from her. She's only a child.

I looked to see tears glisten in her eyes, I could feel her sadness. She's thinking about something painful.

I tried to look into her head, but my power said 'fuck you'.

~Dory~

I began to play Kiss In The Rain by Yiruma.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_oDM7aDmoc

He didn't seem impressed with my Nightmare Before Christmas song. This song is the most beautiful one I know. It breaks my heart each time.

Will I ever be happy, and in love? No. So far, Devin has rejected me, my own mate doesn't want me. No no one does. Why am I so messed up? Why can't I be fun, hyper and smiley? I'm so wrong, everything in my life is wrong. I may have inherited my fucked-up-ness from my parents. What kind of dom hits his wife and fertile child? Being alone forever is inevitable. Devin doesn't want me, hell I don't want me. I'm too messed up. Why am I so wrong? Why am I so ugly? Why can't I be happy? I'm with my mate so I should be, the dom I've wanted all along none the less but he doesn't want me. It's selfish for me to wish he did. I'm nothing but a bother to him. A nuance. I'll never be anything to him.

My heart broke a little more as I blinked back tears and finished.

I looked over to see Devin sleep peacefully on the couch, his chest rising and falling gently.

At least I'm good for something, helping him sleep.

I put my violin back as quiet as I could and put it back in the closet, wondering what I should do.

It's clear he doesn't like me at all, but if nothing else I want to be his friend. Maybe if I clean the house, he'll like me.

Yeah, I can do that. But I want to surprise him, so I'll wait for him to go out.

I sat in silence in the arm chair, until he woke up and stood. He ignored me completely and grabbed his keys, then left.

Your not supposed to leave a fertile alone. But he did.

I frowned but remembered about my surprise. A few minuets after his car pulled out, I stood and headed to the kitchen. I don't know how much time I have so I gotta be quick just in case.

_---

When he arrived, the kitchen, living room and bathroom were spotless. My fingers hurt but I know it'll be worth it for him to see that I'm not just a bad thing.

I stood at the door and let him in, he looked around shocked. I grinned, maybe-”What did you do?!” He boomed.

I frowned and stepped back, the rage burned. “I-I cleaned.” My voice was quiet, my throat suddenly dry. My heart dropped into my stomach as he advanced on me, each step forward he took I took backward.

“Did I tell you to clean?!”

“N-no I-”

“Then why did you?!”

My back hit the wall, not just the wall, the corner. I'm so screwed.

“I-I want-”

“I don't care what you want! Stay out of my things!” His eyes were blood red, I pressed my back into the wall, wishing I could go through it. His voice dripped with venom.

“I-I'm sorry.” I whimpered, my whole body shook as a reaction to his rage.

~Devin~

My instincts told me to stop. I noticed then that not only did I have her cornered, she was cowering. I knew my eyes changed back to their former blue.

I ran my hand through my hair, and sighed, not missing how she flinched. Did she expect me to hit her?

No matter how much I don't like her, she's still a fertile and I would never hit her. Ever.

I shoved her box of food into her arms and walked away.

~Dory~

I took a deep shuttery breath and opened the carton finding spaghetti with tomato sauce. Cool.

I took the plastic fork from it's wrapping and sat at the kitchen table, eating. Okay, so he doesn't want me to clean. And he likes his privacy I guess, it's not like I went into his room.

When I finished, and took care of the container I headed to the coat closet and got my sketch pad out as well as my colored pencils.

Jackie has me draw pictures of her with different hair colors and styles, I'm working on long blonde. Devin passed through as I finished up.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/150/3/1/ambrehhh_is_dead_by_sasunaruchan-d51m85g.jpg

I can draw every realisticly, but I don't take drawing Jackie's hair serous. If you ask me this picture sucks.

I turned the page and worked on a serous drawing, Marilyn Manson. I've been working on this for a week, 2 hours a day. And...I just finished it!

“A hah!” I smiled, erasing a few mistakes. http://www.drawingnow.com/file/pic/gallery/27306_view.jpg

Devin pulled out his phone and sat in the arm chair, raising an eye brow at my burst of excitement. I apologized and smiled at my picture.

__--

We didn't talk the rest of the night, he went to bed after tossing me a blanket.
♠ ♠ ♠
The pictures aren't mine, none of them are. Get used to Devin treating her this way, it get's worse. But he WILL NEVER hit her or touch her, don't be worry :) It's okay though, I got this story all planned out. Her sadness won't last forever. Remember, it's get's worse before it gets better!