Status: unknown

When We Were Lost

rainy days.

It was just one of those days. In Arizona when it rains, it pours. Perfectly personifying Aimy’s mood.

With the perfect backdrop to her day, she dragged herself out of her bed, ripped a hairbrush through her matted waves and threw on whatever clothes she came across on her way out her room with her laptop tucked away in her beaten up old satchel.

“Aim! Do you have a jacket?” Georgia called as the door slammed.

She didn’t care about the rain ruining her hair, who has time to worry about things like that?

A small smile graced her face as her favorite coffee house came into view, I’m sure the smile would have stayed had she not been splashed by the truck pulling into a space.

Now as pissed off as ever she pushed open the door, the little bell signalling her arrival, she waved at Claire the barista her knew her order by heart then took a seat at her favorite table, right in the window.

“Here you go.” Claire smiled placing the mug on the table.

“Thanks, Claire.”

“You look a little wet Aimy.”

The blonde half heartedly laughed “some jack ass splashed me on my way in.”

“Aw man, that sucks. I have a couple shirts out back if you want to change?”

Aimy looked down noticing her white t-shirt was pretty much transparent, “that’d be awesome, thank you so much.”

“Lee! Watch Aimy’s table a minute?” Claire called to her brother who also worked in the shop as the girls passed the counter to the staff room.

Claire pulled open her locker “here, is that one alright?” she asked chucking a red plaid shirt

“Perfect, thank you.”

Claire smiled genuinely “I’ll leave you to change.”

“Thanks again.”

After removing her soaked t-shirt she buttoned the shirt up to just above her chest then walked back out to her table.

Someone cleared their throat “excuse me”

Aimy snapped her eyes away from her laptop screen “hi?”

He pushed his sunglasses to the top of his head where they met his beanie “do you mind if I sit here, this s the only table with a spare seat and I don’t think I can bare to face the rain again.”

“Oh yeah, sure.”

He slid into the seat and sat staring at her for a few seconds “I believe I owe you an apology.”

She looked back up at him “sorry, why?”

He dipped his head slightly “I accidentally splashed you before, with my car? I really am sorry, I didn’t see the puddles. I wanted to say sorry straight away but you hurried in here so fast I didn’t have a chance to.”

“Oh, whatever it’s fine, what difference does a splash make when it’s pouring anyway?”

The guy smirked “I’m not going to allow you to let it go so easily. My band, we’re playing a show tonight, you should come. I’ll make it up to you with a drink or something, I’d even let you throw it over me if you felt that way inclined.”

She sighed “as kind as that is, you’re a stranger.”

He stood up, his smirk had grown “the names John, the shows at Martini Ranch, I’ll meet you outside at 5. Now I have to head back home. Again, I’m sorry about the splash.”

Before she could even say another word, he was gone.

She looked back down at her laptop, wondering what the hell just happened when Claire came over again “what was that?”

“the dude who splashed me before.”

“John O’Callaghan splashed you? Oh my god.”

Aimy’s eyebrows pulled together n confusion “what?”

“John O’Callaghan from The Maine?”

“Is that his band, do you like them?”

Claire’s jaw practically scraped the floor “ugh, yes, they’re amazing.”

“He invited me to his show tonight, you should come.”

“are you kidding me?”

Aimy chuckled “not even vaguely, I don’t even know who they are, you can help me out.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I've only just started 'A Love Like This' but I had the idea for this story and I really want to get it posted so ALLT is on hold for a little while, SORRY!

I hope you like this, if all goes to plan it's gonna be good.
Feedback would be cool?