Status: unknown

When We Were Lost

whoever she is.

“I can’t even remember what he looks like.” Aimy sighed as she walked with Claire.

Claire snorted “you are kidding, right? How could you forget?”

“I don’t tend to remember what random strangers look like.”

“He is not a random stranger, he is John O’Callaghan and he is right there. Waving. Walking toward us. Oh god, help me.”

“Can you put your fangirl away?”

“Hey, Splash!” John grinned as he walked up to the girls.

Aimy rolled her eyes “that’s not funny.”

Claire was giggling “it was kinda funny.”

She sighed “John, this is Claire, she is likely to laugh at every word that leaves your mouth. Enjoy it while you can.”

“it’s nice to meet you Claire.” he smiled “now Splash, what’s your name?”

“I’m not telling a stranger my name.”

“I’m not a stranger.”

She shrugged “I don’t know you.”

“Splash it is then.”

She rolled her eyes “whatever.”

The same smirk from earlier crept back onto his face “let’s get inside before the fans kill you.”

The girls both looked back at the line... if looks could kill.

John led the girls into the dressing room “guys, this is Claire and the girl I splashed this morning, who refuses to tell me her name.”

“Jared.” The red head announced, standing up, with a laugh he added “it’s probably for the best you don’t tell John your name, he’s been talking about ‘that girl’ all day.”

“‘I still feel bad for splashing that girl, you guys.’” the guy with dark auburn hair chuckled

The guy with facial hair started to laugh “‘she was just walking on her own then I splashed her with my car. I’m a horrible person.’”

John rolled his eyes “this is Garrett and Kennedy.”

“Where’s Pat?” Claire asked

The bathroom door swung open and who Aimy assumed to be Pat walked out right on cue. “John, is this the girl you got wet today?”

Kennedy laughed “you so could have phrased that better.”

“what did I say? I don’t get it?”

“Pat’s the ‘innocent’ one” Jared explained

“it’s nice to meet you all.” Aimy smiled

Pat walked over “what’s your name?”

She was about to answer when John cut in “her names Splash, she won’t tell us her real name.”

“Actually I was about to but whatever.” she chuckled.

John sighed and Garrett smiled “tell me.”

She laughed before whispering it to him.

“Like, the Ryan Adams song?”

“different spelling, but yes.”

John got his iPod out “ok, Ryan Adams.... Rose, Sylvia, Tina, Rosalie, Amy, Carolina, Sam, Chelsea, Louise, Elisabeth, they’re all his songs with girls names in the title, I guess you could be Lucy like in Shakedown?”

Claire smiled “you definitely said her name.”

“Don’t ruin it, it’s too funny!” Garrett grinned

“tell me!”

“will you quit whining?”

He nodded.

“Fine, it’s Aimy. A I M Y. Mom couldn’t pick whether she wanted A M Y or A I M double E so she met in the middle I guess.”

Jared nodded “you look like an Amy.”

she gave him a sceptical look “thanks?”

At 7, the door to the dressing room opened “guys, you’ll be on in 5 minutes, get out here.” the guy looked up from his phone “you must be...”

John cut him off “Aimy, she’s Aimy, and this is her friend Claire.”

“Ok, well hi, I’m Tim and it’s nice to meet you both.”

Once the guys had left the room Tim smiled “if any of the guys are a little...intense, please let me know, don’t be freaked out.”

Aimy laughed “I guess I should say the same to you about Claire.”

--------------------------------------------------

The band had announced this was the last song and the atmosphere is the venue changed completely, everyone in the room sang as loud as they could.

“We all have been degraded, we all will be the greatest”

“Thank you guys, you were incredible, we’ll be out to meet you all in around 20 minutes. If security ask you to leave, please do, we normally get in trouble afterwards.” John laughed

It was coming up to 11pm and everyone had been chucked out the venue so they could close up, Aimy sat with Tim on the edge of the vans sliding door while Claire acted like every other fangirl there, trying to meet the bands.

“I know this is kinda crazy since we’ve all just met you, but a couple of our friends are having a party on Friday and I know the guys would love to see you again. You wanna go?” Tim smiled

“Sure, that’d be fun. I’d like that.” she paused then added “John owes me a drink for tonight anyway.”

Tim chuckled “I’ll make sure to remind him for you.”

She was just about to reply when all the fans started screaming different variations of “let him go!”

They looked over to see a police officer pushing John up to a tree and handcuffing him.

Tim sighed “I better sort this, it’d probably be best if you stayed where you are.”

She smiled and nodded as Tim ran over to John “what’s going on?” he called before reaching them.

After a couple of minutes, the police officer, John and Tim walked back over to the van, a trail of fans behind them.

“Please get rid of them?” John whispered to Tim, clearly embarrassed by the amount of people taking photos and videos of him.

Tim nodded and turned around “Ok guys, we need to sort this out and we can’t do it with you here so I’m going to have to ask you to leave.”

They all started making whining noises, someone even shouted “I just want a photo with John!”

“You can’t get a photo with John tonight, sorry. If you don’t leave they’re taking John to the station and putting him in a cell for the night so you better leave now.”

A few of them started to leave but some still stayed put “the guys won’t be able to play here again if you don’t go, I’m serious.”

“I am really sorry, officer, I tried to get them to move but they’re so damn stubborn sometimes.” John sighed after the crowd had gone.

The officer nodded and unlocked the handcuffs “you’re free to go, please try to make sure it doesn’t happen again.”

Once the police car had gone, Tim went to go and round up the other guys.

“Sorry about that.” John laughed

Aimy smiled “it wasn’t your fault.”

“Pretty sure I’m the only guy stupid enough to get arrested for his fans.”

“What the hell happened, man?” Kennedy asked walking over

“They were gonna start arresting fans if they didn’t move so I said to arrest me instead then the fans still refused to move so yeah, I got arrested.”

“Come on guys, get in the van. Do you girls want a ride home?” Tim offered

Claire turned from her conversation Pat “I only live literally 5 minutes walking distance, I’ll be fine, thank you.”

He nodded “Aimy?”

“Sure, I didn‘t put much thought into how I was getting home” she smiled

“I’ll let you sit up front with me, it stinks back there when the doors closed.”

“Claire, I’ll probably see you tomorrow?”

“yeah, I’m working, as always.”

She climbed in shotgun as Tim was starting the engine “where do you live?”

She told him the address and he laughed “you live on the same street as me and Pat, so I guess we can pick you up on Friday on the way to the party?”

Jared leaned over the seat “you’re coming?”

“sure am, Convict O’Callaghan owes me a drink.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought I posted this last night, I didn't - I fell asleep with the page open, sorry!

I'm not too good with finishing chapters because I kinda just keep writing then my stories end up in like a different day, let me know if you think this cut off too soon? I kinda thought it was a funny place to cut off.

Feedback would be rad.