Status: I promise to try to maybe update every week.

Stole My Heart

Chapter 15

We all walked out of Noodles and company happy.

“Best restaurant ever!” Brooke declared.

“It was really good,” Niall said, and the rest of us nodded in agreement as we walked around the mall. We passed by a Barnes and Noble and I said that I needed to get the new book for my City of Bones series. Katie, Niall, Harry, and Louis came in the store with me.

“I’m going to the art store,” Brooke said. CJ, Liam, and Zayn went with her. We all agreed to meet when we were done. I talked a bit about the series as we searched for it. It took a little longer than expected, maybe because we had passed the table on our way into the store. CJ texted me when they were done getting Katie’s presents and dropping them off in the back of the van.

CJ texted me a list of gifts that they’d gotten so we didn’t get her the same gifts. CJ had gotten a Doctor Who T-shirt, TARDIS pin, and a red bowtie. Brooke had gotten Katie the Avengers movie and an Avengers coffee mug. Zayn and Liam had each gotten Katie a bag of candy with a cute button. Because they were supposed to be at an art store, CJ had gotten Brooke a few coloring books and crayons.

“Look what I got! Come color with me!” Brooke insisted, grabbing Katie’s hand and dragging her away.

“We’ll be at Hot Topic,” I called after them. I lead Niall, Harry, and Louis into the store. Niall followed me silently through the store. Even I must admit, this was the scariest version of Hot Topic that I’d ever been in, but at least they had the same fun T- shirts that I was looking for.

I bought a Captain America T-shirt for myself, and a few Avengers T-shirts for Katie. Then I helped Niall, Harry, and Louis pick out fun buttons and and a bag of candy to give to Katie. We also ran and hide our gifts in the van and went to find the others.

They had discovered a whole store dedicated to fun hats. Of course, we all had to try on a few and pictures were taken. CJ ended up buying me a furry hat with ears and paw-like mittens attached.

Unfortunately, people began recognizing the boys. At first it was okay and they only had to sign a few things and be in a few pictures, but then more and more of them came and we actually had to run away. Still the mob of fangirls chased us screaming down the the hallway.

“Run faster!” Katie shouted.

“I can’t!” I panted. We all literally jumped into van, not bothering to get into seats. Someone jumped into the front seat and started the van. We drove off quickly.

“Can’t breath!” Katie huffed from the bottom of the pile.

“Wait, Katie?” I asked.

“Who’s driving?” Liam asked. Everyone looked to the front seat and saw CJ driving.

“Don’t worry guys. I got this!” CJ said. We all screamed and jumped to our seats and quickly put our seatbelts on. We were driving fast. Over the speed limit. Just above our occasional screams, you could hear the siren of a cop car pulling us over.

“Satan bless it, CJ!” Katie exclaimed.

“Satan bless it?” Harry asked.
“Everyone sit down, shut up, and put your seatbelts on!” She commanded. Then she began mumbling to herself. “Is that officer Abernanthy? It is! Haha! Don’t worry guys, I’ve got this.”

The officer came over and CJ rolled down the window.

“Hello officer,” she greeted sweetly.

“CJ! what are you doing way down here?” The officer asked.

“Just a road trip with some friends.”

“Right, tell your ad I say hello, and slow down, okay?”

“Yes sir,” CJ said.

“You kids have fun on your road trip. Be safe,” The officer said.

“Yes sir,” we all echoed, and he let us go. CJ drove carefully. Going only three miles per hour over the speed limit at the most.

“CJ, I am impressed,” Liam commented.

“See? I told you I wasn’t a bad driver,” CJ laughed, pulling into the hotel parking lot.

“So, how do you know the cop?” Zayn asked.

“I just know people,” CJ said with a devilish grin.

When Katie wasn’t looking, we moved the presents into the hotel room. Katie, CJ, and Brooke left and I called the manager of One Direction, asked which hotels we would be staying at and what the room numbers were so my friends could be nearby. He gave them to me, saying that I should probably sleep with my girl friends when they did. I called CJ and she started booking hotel rooms.

Then came the matter of wrapping Katie’s presents.

I attempted to wrap presents and was doing a good job. Niall offered to help, but well, he wasn’t the best at it.

“Sorry I’m not very good,” he apologized.

“It’s alright. You can’t be good at everything,” I laughed, helping him fix his wrapping job.

“I wanna help!” Louis declared. So I let him try. He wasn’t very good either. Harry offered to help, but ended up wrapping up Louis and putting a bow on his head.

“Ta- Da!” Harry said proudly. I put a little tag on him, addressed to Eleanor. Then I snapped a picture and had Liam send the picture to her, because I didn’t have anyway to contact her.

“What about the cards?” Zayn asked.

“CJ and Brooke are going to set everything up so we can do it tomorrow,” I answered.

“Sounds fun,” Liam said.