Status: I promise to try to maybe update every week.

Stole My Heart

Chapter 17

After the show Katie, CJ, Brooke, the boys and I went back to the hotel. Most of us sat down on the couch to watch the interview that Bree had done. The only one missing was Louis, who was calling his girlfriend. He came flying into the room, jumped, and landed on top of all of us.

“She’s coming! Eleanor is coming!” He shouted happily.

“That’s what he said.” Brooke giggled from the other side of the room.

Louis stuck his tongue out at her as Liam turned on the TV. With a relaxed sigh I leaned back into the couch cushions. My arms rubbed against Niall and Zayn, who were sitting next to me. I pet Louis’s hair as we watched the interview. Most of it went normally, until the part where Bree asked, “Are you and Niall dating?”

“Oh, yes, it’s a lot of fun,” The me on screen said.

“So Melody, where have you been staying?” She asked.

“I have my own bunk on the bus, and last night I stayed at a friend’s house”

“Is that where this was taken?” Bree asked, showing us and the camera an enlarged picture of Niall and I sleeping next to each other and he had his arm around me while we cuddled under the blankets.

“Well, yes, I um... where did you get that?” I asked as more pictures I’d never seen before flashed across the screen. Some of them were from the night that we’d met at the little restaurant. I’d sat next to Niall and talked with the boys for a bit. Everyone looked so happy. There were more of us on stage together too.

“They have a secret relationship,” Liam said, but there was an almost unnoticeable pause between ‘they’ and ‘have’.

“Okay then, I’ll keep your secret,” Bree said with a wink.

And that was the end of the interview.

Everyone stared open mouthed at the screen that was now an Allstate mayhem commercial. Niall and I glanced at each other, blushed, and then looked away.

“What the hell was that?” Brooke blurted.

“They just twisted everything that we said,” Liam said furiously.

“What are we going to do?” Harry asked.

“What do you mean? What can we do?” CJ asked.

“We could always just announce that you two aren’t together on T.V,” Zayn said.

“Would that work?” I asked.

“It’s better than nothing,” Katie said. Niall nodded.

My mind was racing. Why would someone do something like that? Why would she lie and say that Niall and I were together? Good gossip I guess. Niall’s phone vibrated and he took it out. His fans on twitter were replying to the interview.

Niall began to read some of the tweets off. “Congratulations...Congrats.... Lucky you... Lucky her... Were you ever going to tell us?... I swear to God if she breaks your heart-... I’m not goin’ to read the rest of that...”

“Oh my goodness, how many people saw that freaking interview?” Brooke asked.

“I’m guessing a lot,” I replied, watching Niall’s phone blow up.

“Right, I’m goin’ to shut this off for a while,” NIall said, turning off his phone off and sliding it back into his pocket. There was a bit of an awkward silence that passed.

“Some of those pictures were really cute though,” Louis said to break the silence.

“They were,” CJ agreed.

“I wonder how disappointed some fans will be,” Brooke said.

“Because they think that Niall and I are dating?” I asked.

“No, when they find out that you’re not. You did have a little fandom on Tumblr,” she replied.

“We have a fandom?” Niall laughed.

“Yep, and you’re going to crush it when they find out that you’re not really dating,” Brooke told him.

“Seems so sad doesn’t it?” Katie asked.

“What exactly are you guys trying to say?” I asked my friends.

“That you and Niall should go on a date,” CJ said. I blushed and looked at Niall.

“What makes you say that?” he asked.

“Well, you two do look cute together,” Louis said again.

I tried to find something to say. I opened my mouth, and no words came out. I closed it again and looked at Niall, trying to read his reaction.

“You think that Melody and I should go on a date,” Niall repeated, lost in thought.

“Yes!” a few of our friends said.

“Just try one date,” Liam suggested.

“Then we can put the rumors to rest by either confirming them, or getting rid of them,” CJ said.

“Er, okay. Melody, would you like to go on a date with me?” Niall asked.

“Yeah,” I said, still bright pink.

“Lovely! See? That wasn’t so bad!” Louis laughed. We were going to go to dinner and see a movie the next night. We all settled down and put in Toy Story 3.
♠ ♠ ♠
Toy Story 3 made me cry...