Status: I promise to try to maybe update every week.

Stole My Heart

Chapter 28

After the concert, the boys and I tried to make our way back to the bus. I got quite a few things thrown at me, but I managed to dodge most of it.When we got onto the bus, and I stared out the window at the menacing crowd.

"Um, Melody," Louis said hesitantly.

"Yeah Lou?"

"You have gum in your hair."

We had to wait until we were back to the hotel before we could get scissors. There were no words to describe how I felt.

"Melody! What happened?" Katie asked, seeing my face as we walked in the door.

"Someone threw gum in my hair," I said sadly.

"Here, maybe I can get it out," CJ offered.

"You can't. I tried. It'll have to be cut out."

"I'm sorry," Brooke said, giving me a hug, but it didn’t make me feel any better. I was really proud of my hair.

Eleanor helped me cut it. I couldn't because it was on the back of my head, and she had the steadiest hands. Thankfully, she did a good job cutting my hair.

I stared down at the five inches of hair on the floor. My hair was still really long, but still....

"It looks like there's a small dog on the floor," Harry said, trying to make me laugh. I was too upset to give him a sassy remark.

We cleaned up the mess of my hair on the floor and settled onto the couch. The interviewer named April came on the TV. I'd almost forgotten the interviewer that immediately hated me. I'd gotten too distracted with our Nerf war.

April was talking about the interview that she'd had with One Direction regarding the girls.

"Everyone wants to know, who are these girls traveling with the famous boyband One Direction? Well, I got a chance to go behind the scenes and talk to the boys about these mysterious women," April said.

Images popped up on the screen. There were many pictures of the other girls and I. There was even a clearer image of Zayn, Brooke, and CJ smoking, causing CJ to swear.

"Fuck, I hope to God that my parents don't see that picture. They hate smoking so much, I would be grounded for life."

Pictures flashed on the screen. They were mostly of Brooke.

"Brooke Opack and Zayn Malik seem to be having a secret relationship, as they were seen going to a tattoo shop together...." April was saying.

"How did they get your name?" Katie asked, but then she and CJ were also named.

"And what about Melody Blasier? Seems all sweet and innocent, but is she really? We find that may not be the case. The boys told us how they met the young waitress and needed her for one of their concerts. Complete coincidence it seemed, as she just happened to have 'lost' her job that night, and One Direction saved the day, giving the girl a job of a lifetime. But is that really what happened? I got a chance to talk with Melody's co-worker Megan Harper, who says that Melody isn't what she seems," April continued.

The background changed and April was in an interview setting with Megan.

"So Megan, you worked with Melody?" April asked.

"I did, she always seemed so sweet," Megan said.

"And that wasn't the case?"

"No, she would constantly blame me for things that went wrong in the restaurant, but she was such a good actress that our boss believed her every time," Megan said sadly.

"What about the night that she met One Direction?"

"I'd thought she was getting better. She'd offered to take another girl's shift."

"But why would she do that?" April asked.

"That was the night that One Direction came."

"You also said that Melody made your boss fire her?"

"Yes, after the boys left, she began screaming at customers and breaking things. He didn't have a choice but to fire her or he could've lost all of his customers."

The camera switched back to only April who said, " The boys were told to go to the restaurant by an unknown fan. We can't prove that it was Melody. But how did she know to cover that shift? How was it that the guitarist for that night had a broken hand so the band needed a replacement, only to have one right there? How did Melody just happen to be jobless and homeless, compelling the unsuspecting boys to take her on tour? You decide. That's all we have time for. Have a good night."

The tv went to a commercial break. The room was quite, full if people who didn't know what to say.

With a defeated sigh, I leaned back into Niall. This was going to be bad. Really, really bad.

CJ was about to say something about stupid people being stupid, but her phone went off.

“Uh, oh,” she mumbled.

“What is it?” Liam asked.

“My parents.” CJ sighed and then answered, “Hello?”

“JUST WHAT IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING CAROLYN JANE!” CJ had to hold her phone away as her mom’s voice exploded from it.

“Oooh, you got middle named,” Brooke said, which earned her a dirty look.

“Mom, it’s not what it looks like,” CJ started as she walked into the other room.

We heard some shouting and CJ frantically trying to explain herself, but we couldn't make out any whole words.

We waited anxiously until CJ walked back into the room, looking upset.

"What's wrong CJ?" Liam asked.

"I have to go back home to work things out with my parents. That means that I have to take the girls back too," CJ replied sadly.

"Do we have to?" Katie asked almost pitifully.

"Yeah."

There was an uncomfortable silence. No one knew what to say or do.

"When?" I choked out, "When do you have to leave?"

"In the morning," CJ replied.

I felt like I couldn't breath. My friend sa were leaving. Who knew how long it would be before I would get to see them again. Just like when I had to move after I lost my parents. Sadness filled the room.

“I have to leave at the end of the week. My parents want me back home for a while,” Eleanor said, and Louis nodded sadly. He’d already talked to her about it.

“We were going to tell you guys tonight, but we just couldn’t find an okay time,” Eleanor said, feeling bad for leaving.

“It’s okay. You don’t have to explain yourself,” I said, giving her a smile.

“No, you can’t leave! You must stay with us forever!” Katie teased in an ‘evil’ voice, making us all laugh. The laughter didn’t last long, and we all went to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it took so long for the update guys!