Status: I promise to try to maybe update every week.

Stole My Heart

Chapter 4

The next morning I walked into a public rest stop and changed and freshened up. As I ran a brush through my hair, I got a text from Niall asking when I got off work today. 'I took today and tomorrow off for the concert,' I wrote back. 'You want to come over early?' he asked. 'Yeah, I'm on my way,' I texted back. I finished getting ready and then drove to their hotel.

With a happy skip, I made my way to One Direction's hotel room. I knocked lightly on the door and Niall answered. "Hey! Welcome back!" He greeted. "It's good to be back," I told him, stepping in so he could close the door behind me. The other guys were scattered around the area. Louis was in the kitchen making tea. Zayn and Harry were still asleep, and Liam was eating a bowl of cereal in front of the T.V. "Hey guys," I called into the room. "Oh, hey Mal," Louis greeted. "What're you doing here?" Liam asked, surprised. "Niall asked if I wanted to come over. I thought that you all knew that I was coming," I said. "Niall," Liam said, shaking his head, but Niall was too busy trying to wake up Zayn and Harry to hear him.

"Zayn, Harry, time to get up," Niall insisted. Zayn grumbled something that none of them could make out, and Harry mumbled something along the lines of, "Niall, no. It's the weekend. Lemme sleep." "Lads, you're going to want to get up. Melody's here!" Niall told them. Harry sat up shirtless and asked, "What? Melody? Here?" and looked around the room. As he saw me I gave a shy smile and a little wave, hoping that he at least had pants on.

Harry smiled, gave me a nod and said, "Hey Melody," as Niall tried to shake Zayn awake. "Oh Niall, let him sleep. I didn't want everyone to have to wake up just because I came over," I protested. "No, I'm up," Zayn said, stretching. He too was shirtless. Harry threw off their blanket and they were both wearing shorts. They got up and got ready for their day. I found a guitar on the couch, so I sat down and picked it up. "Whose is this?" I asked. "Mine," Niall answered. "Can I use it?" I asked. "Yeah sure," he said, sitting down next to me. It was an acoustic guitar. I hummed lightly and played part of You And Me by Lifehouse.

"Wow, Melody, you're amazing!" Niall commented . "Thanks," I said, blushing slightly. "Can you play any of our songs?" Harry asked curiously. "All of them," I replied with a grin. They all came down and sat next to me as I began playing What Makes You Beautiful. Liam began to sing as the boys kept the beat with their hands. "You're insecure, don't know what for...." The boys all sang their bits while I played. It was the most fun that I’d had in a long time.

After the song Paul guided us to the tour bus, and we were driven to the concert. Already fans were lined up outside, and screamed loudly as they saw the bus. "There are so many people," I said, looking out the window. "Yeah, our fans are really dedicated," louis said, smiling and waving out the window. When we got out of the bus Paul and the other security guards literally had to hold back screaming girls. The boys stopped and shook hands, gave autographs, and took pictures. I walked around, helping the boys and their fans take pictures. It was fun until I saw some girls glaring at me, and some looked at me with envy in their eyes. Then it occurred to me that many of them would kill to be in the position that I was in.

When we got inside we were led to another room. The boys asked me to play guitar again so they could warm up their voices. So of course I played more songs. A little while later a man walked in, looking flustered and said, "Boys, I have some bad news." "What is it?" Zayn asked. "The guitarist broke his bloody hand somehow, no I don't know how, so don't ask me how. Anyway, you will either have to go on without guitar, or wait a few hours before an extra shows up," the man answered.

"Maybe not," Niall said, turning to me, "Melody can play guitar, and we just ran through the songs with her." "Brilliant Niall! Melody, would you like to play onstage with us?" Harry asked. "Yes!" I said excitedly. "Excellent! We can go over the songs again, just to be sure," Liam said. "There, problem solved," Zayn said. "Its a good thing you invited her, Niall," Louis said. I was going to ask what he meant, but the man cut of my thinking track by saying, "Brilliant! I'll go let everyone know," and ran off. "Thanks for helping us out Mal," Niall said. "No problem," I replied. We practiced some more and then got ready to go onstage.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so this is a cute little chapter that I wrote up intead of an Economics paper. I apologize for its tineyness.