Status: Still a work in progress, please leave ideas or mistakes I made

Blood Stained Poppies

Chapter 1

Standing in my doorway I gave my apartment one last look over. Well technically it was Me and Aaron's apartment but he was never even here anymore. Always with that Whore Elizabeth. 
"Stop Joseph, don't talk about Liz like that, they love each other." I whispered half heartedly
   The living room looked too perfect, like one of those pictures in a magazine. Of course I had spent the Last week cleaning, my attempt to keep the image of war out of my mind. 
   Two weeks ago both me and Aaron got a letter requiring us to fight in the war. Now I love America, but I am terrified of guns, or anything loud for that matter. I guess we will just see how long I last in Germany.
   I close and lock the front door. Turning I start towards the curb at the end of "our" lawn. I sat down and twirled my fingers through the grass. Seconds turning to minutes as I waited for Aaron to show up. My mind started wandering, I was thinking about high school. Aaron and I had graduated about a year ago. 
   We had met in the 10th grade. My first year at W.E. Gresham high school, and my first year in Springdale. He was the hypocritical football quarter back. Popular, dating the head cheerleader, And incredibly handsome.
   Me on the other hand, I was Nerdy and awkward. Picked on by all the jocks. All of Them except Aaron that is. He almost took the role of my big brother. He would stand up for me. Even if that meant he was against the whole school! Sometimes it meant punching a few kids out. 
I blushed at the thought of Aaron punching some jerk in the face for me. Me cowering behind his tall and muscular physic. My face pressed agains his back. breathing his sent in deep and blocking out the world.
"Stop it you freak. What are you doing thinking about him like that. It's not natural." I nagged at myself while trying to force the scenario out of my head.
   Liz and Aaron drove up right then. I jumped up and stepped back on the lawn, out of the way of the car. It came screeching up not an inch from where I was just standing. "man she drives like a lunatic." I scoffed under my breath
"Come on Josy! We are going to miss the bus!" Aaron barked at me
I plopped down in the back seat with my one bag. It's con-tense was simply socks, some plain white shirts, my unmentionables and of course a picture of my family. There was a secret one of Aaron behind the first. Just in case we got put in separate squadrins, to have him with me. It's normal to keep a photo of your friend, right?  
   "So Josy," He said putting his arm around the back of the seat and turning toward me "you exited to go shoot some nazi bastards!"
   "uh, you sound awfully exited?" I said, hesitantly trying to change the subject.  how can he be looking forward to killing a person, no matter how evil.
   " well 'acourse I am, what guy isn't exited 'bout shooting a big gun!" 
   Of course Aaron asked this rhetorically. He had a bad habit of doing this lately.
   As we pulled up at the bus station my stomach started doing backflips over itself. I'm really going to war. I'm going to sail across to Germany and shoot people. Why does this make me so scared? Am I not suppose to be happy about "shooting some nazi bastards." I don't know what's been up with me lately. Ever since Aaron had started spending all his time with Elizabeth I have just not been myself. Or maybe I have been more myself. I can never really tell.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? Feel free to leave your opinions Not totally done yet