One In A Million

Chapter 9

We walked back inside the building and squeezed close on the couch. Bailee rested in my lap, innocently, while Brooke sat close beside me.

"Wow," Kathy commented. "So, how old is Bailee?"

"Two," Bailee answered, softly. Kathy grinned.

"So, you've been together since Brooke was seventeen?" She asked, looking towards the two of us. Oh God.

"Kind of," Brooke answered. I nodded, agreeing.

"Well...interesting. So, I'm assuming they're touring with all of you?" I didn't like Kathy. She seemed too prissy and said 'so' way too much.

"Yeah. We're happy to have them," Jon put in.

"Brooke is great and we all love Bailee as our own," Brendon told Kathy. Brooke smiled at them both.

"That's nice. But why have you lied about it for so long?" Kathy inquired. I didn't know what to answer.

"Actually, they didn't lie. No one ever asked if they were dating and had a kid named Bailee Lynn Ross until now," Brendon pointed out.

"Oh....yes," Kathy was caught off guard. "What does Mr.Wentz think of this?"

"He didn't like it at first," Brooke started. "But now he doesn't really mind."

"When did you first like each other and stuff?"

"The first day I met her," I said, turning a light shade of red.

"The first time I saw him," Brooke answered, clutching my hand.

"Aw," Kathy replied. "Anyway, how's the tour been so far?"

"Great," Brendon,Jon, and Spencer said together. I couldn't speak. I was too shocked by the fact that I admitted everything. I think Brooke was too. Bailee was afraid of all the people around. I started to become a little scared too when I wondered what Pete would say when he heard.