Status: Re-vamping this story! |Active|

Last Hope

I Promise

Ryan parked the truck and I glanced at the time, it was almost nine. I checked the school car park before hoping out the truck, I still carried my sniper rifle. I circled the truck as Ryan hoped out “See anything?” He asked, I shook my head but I caught movement down near the front gate of the school and I froze. It was definitely an Omega, you could tell because they all wore dark grey clothing. Two of them stood thirty meters away from where Ryan and I stood. “Two Omega’s thirty meters ahead at the front gate, just got there” I state to Ryan and he looks at them intensely “I got it though” I say, checking my rifle and making sure it’s fully loaded before taking it off of safety and aiming it at the Omega on the left. I look down the scope and I can clearly see his head. I steady my hold on the gun and exhale before pulling the trigger and watching the bullet enter the Omega’s head cleanly before exiting the other side. I smirk as the Omega drops to the ground in a heap and his mate looks baffled before glancing around and spotting us. He takes out a blade and sprints our way but I expected it and within seconds I’ve cocked my sniper rifle and raised it before aiming and shooting the other Omega straight through the neck and he collapses, clutching his neck and gurgling before his eyes roll into the back of his head. He was dead.

“You got real talent babe” Ryan smirks and kisses my lips before I pull away and snap the safety back on to my gun, grinning with triumph.
“Too easy” I state as another truck pulls up into the lot. Jerome, Kyle and Dana were squished into the front and as soon as Jerome parks two spaces away from Ryan’s truck Kyle flings the door open and jumps out, landing with a stumble before catching himself and straightening up
“Derp” Ryan smirks at Kyle
“Fuck up” Kyle replies pointing his middle fingers at Ryan
Dana steps out of the truck and waits for Jerome to lock up and check the area around us before approaching
“Hey, who got those guys?” Kyle had spotted the Omega’s I’d shot and he’s pointing at the one I’d shot in the neck without hesitating.
Ryan looks at me and I shrug and answer “Target practice?” I grin sheepishly
“That’s good aiming” Jerome points out
“Thanks” I murmur quietly. Cars start to pull in and one by one everyone starts arriving until the last person has arrived

Ryan had opened up the back of his truck and he used it as a stage to see everyone “Okay you better have remembered whose group you’re in because I’m not repeating the list of groups, next we will be transporting everyone to the mall in you’re groups which the leader will be sorting out. We will be entering through the entrance with the bridge in front of it. We will then proceed to securing the area and stores around us before making a base that’s both effective and safe. That’s today’s agenda. Tomorrow we scout the area and secure the rest of the mall and lock it down so nothing can get in. The day after, we loot the place and head home. This should take approximately three days… if all goes well, so…what are we waiting for?” Ryan smirks after his speech and we break out into cheers before splitting up into our groups. Ryan approaches “Alpha are taking Jerome’s truck there so you can take mine” He hands me the keys and I nod “After this we can move in together” He leans down and captures my lips in a kiss
“Okay” I pull away whispering then turn, heading to the truck as Ryan follows and grabs his own duffle bag before retreating to Jerome’s truck and hoping into the passengers truck, the rest of his group hopped into the back of the truck and slide the metal door closed but opened the slots on the side of the truck to see and breath. I glance over to the other groups to see Ravi’s group; Charlie hopping into Logan’s mini truck. Andrew’s group; Delta were climbing into Andrew’s own van which only left my group. I sighed deeply and threw Baden the keys to the truck “Lets go” I state opening the back of the truck up and letting everyone inside except myself and Baden.

It took half an hour to get to the mall and we had a few run ins with some Omega but otherwise it was a quiet drive.
“So where am I parking?” Baden asks breaking the silence
“Docking zone at the back of the mall apparently” I answer glancing down at the stack of papers stabled together to make a book, the title read:

‘Team Guidelines’

“I’ll back up” Baden mutters reversing into the loading zone. When he turns the truck off I slowly scout the area before ducking out of the truck and closing the door quietly. I signal Baden to wait before I pivot and move to the back of the truck.

“Ungrateful scums deserve to die” A voice from hisses and suddenly an Omega is at the edge of my vision, swinging a pick axe down at my head. I flinch back and barely dodge the hit, it nips my forehead and I feel it cut but not enough to slow me down. My quick reflexes kick in and I’m armed with my baseball bat instantaneously, I position myself and take a swing while he’s recovering. It was like watching a slow motion scene in a film, my bat swung slowly, reaching out toward him before connecting with the side of his face. I watched him contort, I could feel his facial bones break and shatter within his head. His eye that was positioned on the same side off the blow popped and I shuddered and gagged before everything speed up again and he was lying on the ground, convulsing but dead. Most certainly dead, I realized now the cut he’d given me was bleeding out blood and it was sliding down my forehead and face. I stumble back into the truck heaving and trying to wipe the blood from my face but only managing to smear it. Again I scout the air, when I know for sure there aren’t Omega around I go back to the passenger door and knock on it before doing the same to the back of the truck.

Everyone hops out “Oh god, we heard everything from inside are you okay? You look like shit” Ivana tries to sound sympathetic but only sounds disinterested and uncaring
“Here let me tend to that cut” Caitlin was our medic, she’d been a part of St John’s cadets for at least five years and she knew how to treat anything from sprained body parts to bullets wounds
“Wait ‘til we’re out of the open and safe inside” I pull away from her and turn to Baden “We’ll open the garage and you can reverse further into the loading zone so the truck can be secured properly”
“Good idea Captain” He salutes me jokingly and I grin and wave him off as he hops back into the truck and starts it up

The rest of us gather and move to the entrance of the garage, we open a door and enter the littered with boxes but otherwise empty place. The area was big enough for two medium to small trucks. Josh opens the garage door and Baden promptly reverses skillfully into the space, again we secure the place and lock it up tightly. We bolt lock the door and approach a hallway that leads to the mall itself.

I opened up a guidelines book that Ryan had supplied each leader with and flipped to the section that talked about where our bases would be situated.
“Alright we need to grab our gear and head to the Farmers store” Everyone nods and we grab our stuff and brace ourselves for trouble but it never occurs as we skim through the hallways and get to Farmers a few meters from the exit of the hallway.
We lock Farmers after entering and searched the massive store that contained thousands of household items. No one and nothing that wasn’t meant to be in here was so we relaxed and I took the whole store in and analyzed what we needed to do before scribbling down some blueprints as the others chattered amongst themselves.
‘It’s not that bad, so far’ I thought finishing my drawings and list of jobs we needed to do and watching the others ‘I’ll do my best to be a good leader’ I promise myself
♠ ♠ ♠
Too tired to note anything, will change this later xs enjoy

Edited: Okay I tried to cut them off into smaller paragraphs but I think I failed, someone let me know? thanks xc