Status: Re-vamping this story! |Active|

Last Hope

An Engagement

A squeal erupts out of nowhere and cuts the silence of the night in half. My eyes jolt open and within seconds I've picked my baseball bat up and half stumbled half ran out into the living area.

"Who got hit!" I bellow, holding my bat up high, ready to strike at an Omega.

My wide eyes adjust to the surrounds, noting that there was no Omega in sight. Instead Josh was on one knee and Soph's beautiful face has a look of sheer shock and delight.
I realise what's happened and twitch "Holy fucking jesus you both scared the crap out of me" I yell and shake my fist at them.
Soph gives me an apologetic look before saying sorry.
"God damn it, it's four in the morning!" I wave my hands wildly "Just say yes Soph and let me sleep!"

She turns back to Josh and smiles shyly before nodding her head and hugging his crouched form tightly. I took my cue and left them to gush over their newly engaged status, feeling both super happy for them and jealous at where me and Ryan are at in the moment.

I realised there was no point going back to sleep because I was wide awake so I grabbed some fresh clothes and went and had a nice long shower. An hour later I was dressed and ready for almost anything. I sat at the table eating some porridge and humming to myself when I felt someone sit down beside me. I turned to spot Jess.

“How’s Ryan and his group?” She asked

I dead-panned but shrugged my shoulders “Don’t know, don’t care” I mumbled getting up and washing my empty bowl

“Did something happen between you two?”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” I glared into the sink

“Oh, okay” I could tell I had offended her by being rude but I really didn't want to think about it, let alone talk about it.

When I had finished cleaning up around our closed off area I realised how bored I was, I turned to see Caitlin talking in a high, excited voice to Sophie.

“It’ll be fun!” Caitlin gripped Sophie’s arm tightly and shook it and I saw Soph wince.

“What will be?” I asked, walking over

“There’s this cute little wedding dress shop on the next floor up, I want to take Soph there”
I looked over at Soph and she nodded “I want to but it’s a bit soon for that” She sighed

“It’ll just be for fun! Besides then you can get a few idea’s of what you want your dress to look like” Caitlin responded in a whiny voice.

Soph waiting a few minutes before replying “Yeah, I guess so then, but will you come too, Jordan?”

I was taken aback for a minute but realised Soph didn't want to be alone with Caitlin. I glanced over at Caitlin to see her slightly annoyed and grinned a little and nodded

“Sure, I've got nothing better to do” I had a feeling Caitlin was up to something and I didn't like the feeling of it. I guess I’d find out soon enough, to soon I’d later come to realise.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it, this is around the amount I want the chapters to be, maybe slightly longer but around this long. Anyway what are your thoughts? I know it's been so long since I updated this so I hope it's not for the worse :s