Status: Re-vamping this story! |Active|

Last Hope

Fade to Black

"How about this one?" Caitlin pulls a pink Barbie doll wedding dress of the rack and Sophie and I quickly shake our heads no.

"I wouldn't be caught dead in that." Sophie states, cringing.

Moments later she pulls out an elegant classic white dress and we all nod, murmuring in approval. It was simple but beautiful, perfect for Sophie.

"Come on, I'll help you try it on." Caitlin exclaims, dragging Sophie into a changing room while I call out that I'll keep guard.

I heard the changing room door lock, thinking it's odd that they'd need to lock it since it was only me out here and no boys to be seen, but I shrug it off. Five minutes turns into ten with no noise, I knock on the door telling them to hurry up when I hear a muffled cry. I lean back to examine the door fully, my eyebrows furrow in confusion. I put my ear up against the changing room door and get a fright when I hear a thump and another cry of pain.

"Jordan it's a trap, she's trying to kill me!" I catch Sophie's yelp. I shove my shoulder into the door but it won't budge, I turn to find something to use to help break the door down when I first see movement. It came from behind and I see it just in time to move slightly to the left, my right arm came up to instinctively cover my head. I feel a sharp shooting pain erupt on the right side of my rib-cage and I stumble to the side and collapse to the ground, turning I see a katana sword wedged into the changing room door and an Omega gripping it.

The Omega tries to pull the sword out of the door but only barely makes it move when the door shudders and opens. The Omega lets the sword go and jumps back. Sophie stands in the center of the cubicle changing room, splattered in blood. The colour drains from my face, half because of the blood I was losing and half because the katana blade had wedged itself through the door, and straight between Caitlin's shoulder blades and out through her collarbone, her eyes were still open, she hadn't expected to die like that, still clutching a tiny blade to try kill Sophie and then me if she had of caught us both of guard.

I realize that the only reason me and Sophie had survived this far was because of pure dumb luck and that Sophie had been strong enough to hold Caitlin off and warn me. It was only thanks to Sophie that I had lived and even though it shouldn't have, the thought made me mad. I had been trying too hard to be a good leader but I had been caught off guard and if it weren't for Sophie we'd both be dead. This had been a bad idea from the start.

I got up and stumbled toward Caitlin, motioning Sophie to get out of the cubicle I shut it and Caitlin inside. I could feel Sophie's eyes on me, I knew that all she wanted was to get changed and go back to the others, to Josh and she would, as soon as I took care of this Omega in front of me.

I gripped the hilt of the katana and I swiftly pulled the bloodied blade out, I was fueled on anger, anger that our group had been betrayed by Caitlin, angered that I hadn't followed my gut instinct to begin with and kept a closer eye on her, but now that didn't matter.

"Why'd she do it? Why'd she change sides to yours?" I hiss, pointing the katana at his head.

"She was a believer. When you think about it, everyone is capable of being monsters. The Omega are all monsters and what we do is create more monsters, even if you don't have the same beliefs as us. You see when we kill the people you love you build up a deep hatred for everything. A hatred because of the people that murdered your family and friends still alive even if the true killers are dead, a hatred for still living because your loved ones are dead and a hatred of the people around you because their alive but not your loved ones." The Omega explained.

It was horrible but I understood what he was implying and I didn't like it. Ryan was the first thing that came to my mind when he explained the pent up hatred and how I'd called him a monster for his enjoyment in harming even people like the Omega. I was so wrapped up in thinking that I barely noticed the Omega turn and flee but I did and I run after him.

Even if killing this Omega made me a monster I couldn’t let him live, I wouldn't let him live because I didn't want to be an even more incompetent leader than I already was and he'd only go to inform other Omega's of our whereabouts. I had no choice but to protect my group and I would.

My step faltered when the Omega slowed to an almost stop, at first I was confused as to why but then I noticed that Ryan and his group where in front of the Omega, weapons raised and ready to jump him, but this was my kill, my revenge and I didn't slow down or stop. I gripped the katana tighter in my hands and charged. The Omega turns back to face me and but it's too late for him and I stab him through the heart and twist, quick and painless, I wouldn't have it any other way.

He dies quickly and his body slumps, I bring the blade out and the body drops to a heap on the ground. I look up to stare coldly at Ryan and Jerome goes to say something. He's pointing at my side and I glance down, that's right, I had temporarily forgotten about my injury, my right side was covered in blood and I finally felt light-headed. Without another word I turn around and make my way back to Farmers, back to the group safe spot. I didn't realize Sophie had followed, only as I pass her do I know. I faintly heard her call my name but I brushed past her and kept walking, stumbling until I made it back to base, back to the momentary safety. I don't remember much of what happened after I got back, only the others asking lots of questions and cleaning me up before my world fades to black.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't updated in awhile but inspiration suddenly hit and tada, hope you liked this, rec, sub whatever tickles you're fancy, will try update again really soon!