Who Am I?

The Boy

The room where he was held was solely white, no paintings or pictures hung from the walls. He sat on a chair in the middle of the room; the only other furniture being an empty table and yup chair seated across from him, and shifted nervously. He yelped and jumped in fright as the door slid open. The woman, a slender thing with brown cat ears and a bushy tail, who walked in alongside a man, with gray ears &a long tail, offered the cuffed and chained boy a small smile as she sat. The man glared at the teenager as he stood beside the woman, his hand resting on the taser at his hip.

"Do you know why your here?"
"N-no." The boy answered with trembling lips and wide, frightened black eyes. Both of his tails wrapped themselves around his waist and arms in a way of trying to comfort himself.
"You don't remember anything that's happened in the last few days?" She looked at the small boy as the scruffy black ears on his head flattened even more.
"N-no, did s-something h-happen?" The man growled which caused the boy to sink lower into his seat and begin trembling. The woman frowned.

"Can you tell me your name?" The boy suddenly froze as his eyes glazed over and his left tail bristled up. The woman watched him sit up straight and tall and his eyes become dark and guarded. It was not the same boy who had just seconds ago been trembling in fear.
"Why do you have us here?" The voice that spoke was deeper and had an edge to it. The woman glanced at her partner as her ears swiveled at the sound of the change in the boys voice, but he seemed just as shocked.
"What do you mean by 'us'?" The boy laughed as he stared at the two adults with hard eyes. He picked up the shorter of his two tails, which had gone limp, and began stroking the fur.
"I mean exactly what I say. Kats not the only one who has control of this body, and at this moment I'm in charge."
The woman's eyes shown with confusion but she pressed it down. "Well if your not Kat then who are you?" He laughed once again and leaned forward in his seat.

"I'm Kit." He grinned and showed the tips of his fangs as he sat back.
" Well Kit, do you know what took place a few days ago?" Kit once again gave a toothy grin as his tail swung back and forth.
"Oh your talking bout what happened to those disgusting idiotic imbeciles who dared call themselves Kat's parents, right?"
"So you know what happened? Was it you who did it?" His hands strained against the handcuffs as he growled.
"Those two were unfit parents and didn't deserve to live." He slammed his hands against the table and began to scratch at it. " They were terrible! But no it wasn't me, should have been me though after all they did to Kat."
"You called them unfit parents, what was it that they did to Kat to make you dislike them so?" The boy once again froze and his tails wrapped around his waist as his eyes filled with fear and tears. He screamed and shrank into the chair, hiding his face in his hands.

"Kat! Kat sweetie it's okay calm down." Kat looked up at the woman with tears streaming down his cheeks and watched her with wide fear filled eyes completely different from those of Kit.
"I-I'm s-scared." The woman's ears lowered at the sound of the boys stutter, but she had to get answers.
"Do you know who Kit is Kat?" The boy stared at her and nodded his head. "Can you tell me more about him?"
"H-he p-protects me and h-he's my f-friend." He ran his hand over the fur of the longer tail with gentle hands. The woman noticed this and thought he touched it almost lovingly.
"What does Kit protect you from?" The boy whimpered and hugged himself. The woman leaned forward and gave Kat an encouraging smile. "It's okay Kat you can tell me."
"F-from my p-parents." She nodded for him to continue. "Th-they d-do b-bad things t-to me."
"What kinds of things?" The boys eyes darkened as he sat up straight and resumed scratching the table. "Kit?" His lip twitched up in a shadow of a smile.

"That's my name."
"Well, can you tell me what happened between Kat and his parents?" Kit growled and lashed out his tail.
"They were cruel people who only thought of themselves. They never wanted Kat and the day he was born with two tails instead of one they began to hate him even more."
"Did he ever do anything to upset them? Were they violent towards him?"
"Everything he did upset them! He couldn't smile or laugh without them screaming at him. Ha! Violent? They beat him constantly and his own mother whipped him with a piece of wire once all because he baked her cupcakes." Kit growled and his tail bristled up even more. "But no matter what happened he always forgave them and came running to me."
"Kat said that you would protect him and that you were his friend."
"Kit could never defend himself so I started to. I would help him get away from his father when he started beating him and stop his mother when she'd try to drown him. I was always there to push them away and comfort him when he cried."
"So Kit was in an abusive house."

"yeah and if you don't believe me just look at him. His body is full of scars and you can't imagine how many more he'd have if I wasn't there."
"Did you kill his parents Kit?" He gave them a devilish grin before his eyes softened and he curled in on himself.
"K-kill? Whose d-dead?"
"Your parents are dead Kat, they were murdered." The young teenagers eyes widened and a chocked sound found its way out of his throat.

"Th-they c-can't be d-dead..." He hugged himself as tears fell faster down his face. "N-no no th-they c-can't d-die." The woman stood and pulled him into her arms. The boy clung to her as he cried. She wiped his tears away with her tail.
"Kat do you think Kit killed them?" He pulled away quickly.
"N-never! Kit w-would n-never go th-that f-far..." The woman looked back towards the man who merely shrugged.
"Kat how old are you?" He sniffled.
"I'm 14." She nodded.

"And how old is Kit?" The woman stood quickly as she felt the boy tense up and saw his eyes darken.
"I'm 16 sweetheart and no it wasn't me who killed his parents."
"Maybe a few pictures will refresh your memory Kit." The woman nodded towards the man who placed several pictures on the table in front of the boy. He leaned forward and a ghost of a smile landed on his lips.
"Well it looks like someone really didn't like these people but no I didn't do this. I only protect Kat I don't kill." The woman pointed to one picture.

"The mother was found with her eyes torn out, her tail hacked off, several bones broken, her head caved in from being beat with an object repeatedly, her stomach torn open, bruises everywhere and whip marks across her back. The man suffered much worse but they both we're missing their hearts." The boy suddenly shot forward but was restrained by the cuffs chaining him to the chair.
The man pulled the woman back as cruel laughter echoed through the small room. The boys eyes had darkened even more as both tails came to life and bristled up as they thrashed about violently.
"Kit?" The boy laughed almost demonically as he strained against the handcuffs and chains, cutting his wrists in the process.
"No Kit isn't here, I give you the pleasure of meeting Kai." He looked at the pictures and hissed in pleasure. "Oh how they screamed for mercy, their delicious cries of pain still run through my mind."

"So you killed Kats parents?" He laughed and licked his lips.
"Mmm yes I did and I had sooo much fun doing so."
"Why would you do something so horrible?" He chuckled and smiled down at the pictures.
"Why not? They were so cruel to Kat, never showing him mercy when they beat him. They had a darkness in their hearts so it only seemed right to get rid of it." He smiled wickedly at the woman who stepped back.
"Kai, how old are you and why do you and Kit exist within Kat?"
"I'm 19 and we're alive because Kat was born you idiot. We're real not just figments of Kats imagination yet at the same time we are Kat."
"Mm so you murdered Kats parents because they were abusive but by doing so you also hurt him."

"He'll forgive me because that's just how he is, besides we're all he's got now."
"So Kat is forgiving.." The woman looked up from the pictures to the sound of a whimper. "Kat what do you remember about your childhood?"
"Um I r-remember...I c-can't r-remember m-much except b-being alone w-with Kit."
"Okay Kat we know who killed your parents but first can you tell me if you know someone named Kai?"
"N-no I d-don't." The man leaned over towards the woman.
"This boys crazy." She frowned sadly.
"No he's unconsciously created alters to help him cope with his abusive parents. He was always alone so he needed someone to talk to and now it seems that they've taken control."

"Yeah but what are we supposed to do with him? We can't just take him to prison."
"He needs treatment and special care, I believe he has dissociative or split personality disorder and he's been 'switching' between his alters."
They both glanced over at the small, black haired, black eyed 14 year old boy who was silently crying for his dead parents. They watched him pet his longer tail and suddenly go still. The man leapt up as cruel laughter filled the room, as crimson blood swirled down the boys tortured wrists and two bristled tails wrapped around his throat. Both adults struggled to uncuff the boy, stop the bleeding and remove the tails. The woman looked down at the boy as his eyes flickered back and forth between alters. Anger, confusion, fear, and saddness twirled around in those wide eyes as the boys struggles began to weaken.
"Hurry! Get these tails off him! There killing him!"
"They won't loosen! Quick run and get backup!" The woman nodded and ran to the door yelling for help but she wouldn't make it in time. The last thing Kat would see were the gruesome pictures of his murdered parents as he slowly faded into the dark.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh what goes on in my mind...tell me what you think..?