Status: Fast read

Come Home

chapter 3

MONIKA
"Whats this?" Neil said as i picked him up from school. He sat in my back seat and played with jesses hat. Neil was a little third grader. He was jessicas son. Jessica is jesses older sister. She had called this morning and asked me to pick him up from school since it was right down the street.
I sighed quietly. I drove to my house and made neil mac and cheese we both sat down at the table and ate.
"Dont worry Moo." Neil was the only other person that was allowed to call me that. Bradley and kendall usually only do it to mess with jesse.
"They are going to find him i promise you." Neil patted my hand and smiled.
I smiled back at the cute litlle kid sitting next to me. Me and jesse were going to start trying for kids when he got back. IF he got back.
"Of course neil." I said enclosing my hand around his.
"Can we watch spongebob now?" Neil asked.
I laughed "yes we can." I picked up the table and met neil on the couch we snuggled and watched spongebob. About an hour later jessica knocked on the door.
"Can i use the bathroom before we go mom?" Neil asked jessica
"Yes. You can honey." Jessica ruffled his hair.
Once the bathroom door shut jessica engulfed me in a hug. "I have faith monika. He is going to come home."
I nodded
"Thanks jessica."