Lilium

Chapter 1

I ran home crying, going directly to my mother. My mom saw me and hugged me. She said, "It's okay, Lily, Mommy's here for you... I'll protect you no matter what..." and started singing the song that always calmed me down, and I stopped sobbing.

"Mom, I'm going to school now!" I called into the house, putting my sneakers on. "Do you want me to take you there? Those kids have been going overboard lately..." I heard my mom say, and I rolled my eyes. "Mom, I'm not a kid anymore. I can take care of myself, okay?" I said and walked out. I'm turning 14 next Saturday, and over the years, I'm getting annoyed with my mom's overprotective behavior, even though I was so thankful of it just a few years back. But she needed to know, I'm not a kid anymore, I need to learn how to take care of myself, and being overprotective over me isn't going to help much.

As I walked into the school, the others looked at me and started throwing paper balls at me, I tried my best to ignore them, but they kept throwing things at me, I put the hood of my jacket up and continued walking down the hall to my class. I barely have any friends, since nearly everyone keep making fun of me, and when I walked in, someone pushed me, causing me to fall. Everyone laughed, but then someone said, "Stop it! Couldn't you quit bothering people for once?" I looked up and saw Angie and Trin standing in front of me, and as Angie helped me up, Trin said, "You should think of other people's feelings too, you know?" I smiled at the two of them, they're my only friends around here, and as we walked to my seat, I said, "Thanks, guys. If you weren't here for me, I might've broke down in front of those scumbags." Angie just smiled and said, "That's what friends are for. Anyways, you're turning 14 this Saturday, right? Wanna come to my house and celebrate?" "Sure! I'd love to!" I replied, excited. Then the bell rang and the teacher walked in, then Angie and Trin walked to their seats.

The next Saturday, on my birthday, I was on my way to Angie's house when someone pulled me into an alley and kicked me, causing me to fall on the floor. I let out a painful groan and as I looked up, I saw the kids who always bully me surrounding me, some even has baseball bats with them. I was scared. I know they're gonna hurt me. We're close to Angie's house, so if I call out, maybe they can hurt me. I screamed Angie's name, and I was shocked to see both Angie and Trin in the crowd, and they don't look worried, they looked amused.

"Angie, Trin, get help!" I said, and they laughed. I looked at them in disbelief. What's going on? "Angie? Trin?" I said softly, still in disbelief. "Surprised?" Angie said, mocking me. "But... I thought we're friends?" I said, I'm close to tears now. "Friends? Who'd want to be friends with a loser like you?" Trin mocked. "So... All that was a lie? You guys were just making fun of me?" I still can't believe it. The crowd laughed, and a boy said, "Do you actually think anyone would want to be friends with you? Loser!" A tear rolled down my cheek silently. A girl said, "Look! She's crying!" and the crowd laughed again. I tried to stop crying, but I can't. I've never felt betrayed like this before. Then I saw someone stand in front of me, and I looked up to see a guy raising his baseball bat, when I heard someone screaming my name. As he swung his bat, I felt someone shielding me from the impact, and as the bat hit the person, I heard a crack coming from her. I tried to indentify her. "Mom?"

"Mom?!" I repeated, louder this time. The crowd panicked, they've hurt an adult. My mom smiled at me slightly and said, "I told you... Mommy will always protect you..." and she passed out. My eyes widened. I need to get help. But something inside me started rising, and the crowd suddenly froze in fear. I gently put my mom down, and slowly stood up, glaring at them with such intensity they all started to shiver. I then took the baseball bat from the guy who was still standing in front of me, and started singing the song my mom always sing to calm me down as I swung it at his head, cracking his head open, blood spilling out.

"Os iusti meditabitur sapientiam,
Et lingua eius loquetur indicium.
(The mouth of the Just shall meditate wisdom,
And His tongue shall declare judgment.)"
I then turned to a girl standing close, frozen in fear, unable to move, and swung my bat at her. She fell to the ground like a doll, adding more blood to the ground.

"Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem,
Quoniqm cum probates fuerit accipient coronam vitae.
(Blessed is he who endureth temptation,
For once he hath been tested, he shall receive the crown of life.)"
I struck three down in my next swing, and proceed to the next. Blood has started to pool around me, and I danced in the blood gracefully.

"Kyrie, fons bonitatis.
Kyrie, ignis divine, eleison.
(Oh Lord, Fountain of Holiness,
Oh Lord, Fire Divine, have mercy.)"
I took a knife from one of them and slit his throat, blood sprayed out of him like a fountain. A girl was holding a fire-lighter, and I lit fire on her dress. I watched as she screamed in pain and turned to the others.

"O quam sancta, quam serena,
Quam benigma, quam amoena esse Virgo creditur.
O quam sancta, quam serena,
Quam benigma, quam amoena,
O castitatis lilium.
(Oh how holy, how serene,
How generous, how pleasant this Virgin who believeth.
Oh how holy, how serene,
How generous, how pleasant,
Oh Pure Lily.)"
With that, I finished off everyone left. I stood there looking up at the full moon, and the star-filled sky.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... whatcha think?