Lilium

Chapter 2

I stood still in the pool of blood, staring at what I just did. Some of me felt fear, some other part of me doesn't feel anything, some other felt happy. Then I heard footsteps. I snapped my head towards the direction where the voice was coming from, and saw a boy a little older than me with 2 other girls walking behind him. I frowned slightly. They seem familiar. I think I've seen them somewhere. The boy was wearing a dark green and white toxedo, the girl to his right is wearing a black goth loli dress while the one on the left a white version of it. They stopped in front of me, not looking the slightest bit surprised, their faces are emotionless, then the boy spoke up, "Lily Stone?" I frowned again. "How do you know my name?" I asked. He smirked, still not showing any emotions, and said, "I've been keeping an eye on you since the day you were born. I know everything about you. You've always been bullied, and your mother," he jerked his head towards my mom, "is always there to protect you. The details can wait, but we need to get your mother to the hospital right now."

A few minutes later, we're in a hospital, and I asked the boy again, "You said you've been keeping an eye on me, right? Why?" "Good question," he said, "but we need to talk in private. Care to come outside with us?" I shrugged and followed him out. We kept walking till we got to a deserted area. He stopped and turned to me, the girls turning at the same time as him, which kinda creeped me out. "You know the designer company, Rinom, don't you?" I nodded, "Yeah, Rinom makes the best Lolita dresses, I have some of their Goth Loli dresses, but why are you asking?" He replied, "I own the company. It's been passed down in my family for generations. And us being a designer company is just a cover. We're an institution of assasins. Your mother used to be one of us. That is, until she met your father. She's one of our best assasins. We killed your father, hoping she'd return, but she didn't. Instead, she hid from us, even though she didn't do a good job on hiding. We then understand why she didn't want to be an assasin anymore. She has a daughter. You. You're keeping her from returning to us." he finished his long speech, and stared at me. I shivered a bit from how he stared without blinking, and asked, "Is that true?" He nodded. "Then, are you here to kill me? To get my mom back in your... Institution?" He chuckled at this. "No. She's grown old. She's not the assasin she was back then anymore. But I think we'll get a better replacement for that. And I know you'll be perfect for the job, seeing how easily you killed all those people." At this, I tilted my head. "Whoa, whoa, I don't know what this is, but I definitely DON'T want to be an assasin. The cops will get to us eventually." He laughed, "Police? We're allies. We protect the city in the background while police protect the city in the front. Few people know that, and outsiders who knew of this die." I shivered. I'm not a part of them, so if I don't join them, I'm surely gonna die. "So... Ms. Stone, do you want to be a part of us?" he said, putting out his hand, "If you do, we'll take care of your mother's health recovery payment." I looked at his hand and gulped. This is a hard decision to make. I sighed and shook his hand. "Yes."

He smiled. "Now, something essential for every assasin. A codename." He looked at me, then said, "Lilium. That's it. Your codename." I looked at him, confused. "Lilium? Why am I codenamed Lilium?" He tilted his head, "The song you sung as you killed all those people. It's Lilium. Don't you know that? And you're not a bad singer. And Lilium means Lily, by the way." My mouth fell open. "I didn't know that. My mom always sing that song to me to calm me down, that's how I know the song." He smiled again and said, "She likes the song even now, huh? Now, disguise. Girls." he said, motioning to the two girls who haven't said a single word, and they pulled out Lolita dresses of all sort, it confuses me how they carry those all these times, and he said, "Pick your favorite." Most of them are too frilly and girly for my taste, then a black one caught my eyes. "That one." I said, pointing to it. He looked at it and chuckled. "Like mother, like daughter. Now go try it on for size." My eyes widened. "Here?" I asked. He laughed, "No, idiot, do it somewhere else, as long as it's not in front of me." I heard the two girls chuckle slightly too, and walked away in embarassment to find a place to try the dress.

I walked back to them, who were still standing there not moving an inch. They turned to me and he said, "Perfect. Now for an introduction. I'm Carlos Rinom, and these two are my best assasins, Midnight and Moon. They're twins." They both bowed at the same time. "I have a question..." I said hesitantly. "Ask." he said. "Earlier, when those scumbags hit my mom, they could've just run, but they didn't, does it have anything to do with me?" He smiled, "Ah. That. It's Haki." "Haki?" I asked. "It's a power everyliving in the world posseses, but few knows of its presence, and even fewer has succeeded in awakening it. The senior assasins in Rinom can use Haki and control it freely. You have awakened your Haki, but you still can't control it nor use it. To use Haki, you need training. Midnight and Moon here can help you." They nodded at the same time, and I nodded back. I'm really confused of things now.
♠ ♠ ♠
^^ I took Haki from One Piece...