Born Under a Bad Sign

Love Lies Bleeding

I was moving, and there was a flurry of voices all arguing. I took in a huge breath and gasped. There was a throbbing pain in my abdomen, and I was covered in blood. I was in a car. The back seat of the Impala. I felt a large pressure on the area from where I was bleeding profusely.
“Lauren?”
“Sam?” I reached out to the familiar voice, everything was suddenly in focus after another sharp wave of pain struck through my body. I gasped, trying not to scream.
“Oh, thank God you’re awake.” He brushed my hair out of my face with his free hand and smiled.
“She’s awake.” Dean was driving, and had multiple phones on speaker as we raced down the road. I heard sighs of relief, then Bobby barking instructions.
“Do you remember what happened?”
“Yes!” I yelled, Sam was trying his best to keep pressure on my wound. “Where are we going?” I tried to steady my breathing.
“We’re getting you somewhere safe. “
“Okay.” I laid my head back on the leather upholstery and closed my eyes, about to pass out because the pain was too much. “Sam, I have to tell you..” My voice trailed off and I forgot what I was going to say.
“No, Lauren stay with me, okay? I know it hurts but you need to stay awake.”
I nodded, gasping for air. I decided to keep my eyes open, for Sam’s benefit. “I’m not going anywhere. Sorry. Can’t get rid of me that easy.”
He chuckled, “Dean, drive faster!” Dean accelerated more. The trees outside the windows were flying past in blurs, I couldn’t tell where one started and the other one ended. Suddenly, I had a flashback to before the door got busted down in the apartment and I reached up, clutching Sam’s sleeve.
“Sam, yellow eyes, he was there.”
“What?” Sam and Dean both asked at the same time.
“Yeah, Hazel, that bitch who possessed me, was talking to him before you busted the door down.”
I gasped again, another sharp pain ripping through my stomach.
“What did he say?” Dean demanded to know.
“Just that they had a special plan for me. I don’t know!”
“Alright, we’re here,” Dean parked and Sam opened the back door and I slid across the seats after him.
“Can you walk?”
I stood up, and felt my knees give out. “That would be a no.”
“Alright.” He scooped me up in his arms, and carried me inside a room and laid me down on a bed. “See? You’re going to be okay.” Sam sat beside me and propped my head up on his knee, stroking my cheek with his thumb. I coughed and raised my hand to cover my mouth, but all I got was blood spatter.
“Well that can’t be good.” A second later, the door opened again, Bobby, Ellen and Jo rejoined us, and all had a look of horror on their face when they saw me.
“I know. Now fix me.” I coughed again; blood started trickling out of the corners of my mouth. Sam was crying again, he was breaking from the outside in.
“Dean where’s Cas?!” Sam yelled.
“I don’t know, Sam I’ve been trying him all damn day!” Dean yelled back.
Who the hell was Cas?
Ellen knelt on the side of my bed that Sam wasn’t on and clutched my hand.
“Well, this can’t be a good sign.” I joked, but Ellen didn’t laugh. It must have been the blood.
“You are going to fight through this, okay. You’re family now, and we can’t have family dying on us.” She nodded at Sam, who looked at her through blurry eyes, and nodded.
I laughed. “You have too much faith in me.”
Ellen shook her head, “No, you’re going to make it through this, okay?”
“How exactly do you suppose I do that? If you take me to a hospital they might think this is suspicious.” I retorted, it came out harsher than I had intended.
“We have a plan. Dean,” she called him over. “Do your thing. Stitch her up.”
He nodded, walked away, and came back with an array of items to close my wound. He slowly lifted up my shirt and grimaced.
“This is going to sting.” He splashed alcohol on the wound, and it didn’t hurt nearly as bad as when he started to close my wound with dental floss. Finally, the torture was over and I had stopped bleeding. I finally felt myself relax, and I exhaled the breath I had been holding.
“Do you want me to let you lay on the pillow?”
“No.” I shook my head. “Stay.”
“Okay, I’ll be right here.” I feel asleep quickly, and when I woke up, he was gone. I sat up, only to remember I had just gotten stitched up a couple hours before.
“Are you awake?” Dean asked. He was sitting on the other bed watching TV.
“Yeah.” I replied flatly.
“Good to see you’re not dying.” He stood up and walked over to me. “Do you mine?’ He pointed to my wound.
“Sure.” I pulled me shirt up, still covered in dried blood. He smiled, content with his work.
“It’ll be a pretty nice scar when it heals.”
I laughed. “Thanks, by the way.”
“No problem.” He sat on the bed next to me and helped me sit up.
“And I’m sorry about beating you up.”
He laughed sarcastically and stood back up.
“So what did it feel like?” He asked.
“What, being possessed by a demon bitch? It was…weird. I could see and feel everything that she did, it was my voice but not me talking.”
He nodded, and sat back down on the other bed.
“So what are you going to do with me?”
“I don’t think Sammy would be too happy about us doing anything.” I rolled my eyes at him, and he laughed in reply. “Well, you heard those demons, they have a huge price on your head, they’re going to stop at nothing to get you, and Sam. So you’re coming with us. It’s the best way we can protect you.”
“Seriously? You’re going to let me go on jobs and hunt with you?”
“We don’t have any other options and Sammy would be pretty pissed if we let you alone and you died.”
I rested my head against the headboard. “Where is everyone anyway?”
“Outside.”
“Why aren’t you?”
“Someone needed to make sure you were still alive. And how bad would it have been if you woke up and no one was here?”
I looked over at him, smirking. There was a look on his face that I hadn’t seen on him before. Caring, maybe?
“True.” We both watched this dumb soap opera on TV that Dean seemed to enjoy for about 20 more minutes, and that’s when Sam came back inside.
“Hey.” He smiled and sat next to me on the bed. “How are you feeling?”
“Not bad, where’s everyone?”
“They just left.”
I nodded and he continued smiling, resting his hand on my leg.
“When are we heading out?” He asked Dean.
“Whenever your girlfriend can walk.”
“I can walk.” I shot back at Dean.
“Try.”
I glared at him and gritted my teeth as I swung my legs to the side of my bed and pushed myself up. It didn’t hurt as bad I thought it would.
“You were saying?”
He shook his head. “Alright, let’s go.”
“Bobby told me to check out a town in Idaho, people are dropping like flies.”
“So? People die every day.”
“And, they are perfectly happy, healthy 20-something year olds dying from strokes or heart attacks.”
Dean contemplated it for a second. “Okay, let’s go.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, last chapter. But don't worry my friends, part 2 is on the way! :)

What do you want to see happen? Do you think Lauren & Sam are going to be okay? Tell me what you think!