Status: finished.

Shut Up & Take My Hand

Just kids in love

“Hey,” Alex breathed out entering the leaving room. “Well done Abs, you’re a great housekeeper.” I smiled over at him. “Need any help?” I shook my head and continued to sweep the wooden floor. “So,” he mumbled awkwardly. “I was thinking about the stuff you said while I was in the shower.”

“I dunno whether that’s flattering or gross.”

“Shut up. I mean, like- ugh.” He groaned and tugged on his hair. “I was thinking about how you said Lisa isn’t the one for me.” I nodded and kept sweeping. “I think I know who is.” He stepped into me. I looked up at him, and he took the broom from my hands. “I think it’s you, Abbie.” He stepped closer, leaning in, closing his eyes.

“No, no, no, no.” I stepped away. “I’ll talk to you later, when you’ve recuperated.” I quickly stepped away from him more. “Bye Alex,”

I rushed out of his apartment and when in my car I quickly drove to my house.

What was Alex thinking? What was going through his head? Why in the hell would he try to kiss me?

When I got home, I called Cassadee and explained the whole situation that had just happened.

“Come on Abbie, you’re overreacting! He’s a distraught guy, he’s thinking irrationally. His heart is in two, and you were there. He was thinking with his ‘other head’. You’re getting a bit too worked up over this.”

“He’s my best friend and he tried to kiss me. It’s like Jack all over again, except I’m not single this time.”

“You and Jack are official?!” She squealed. “Sorry Blake!” She called out. “But oh my god, are you guys?”

“Kind of, ish?” I said, seemingly unsure. “I dunno, he hasn’t actually asked me to be his girlfriend but we’ve been on like three dates and you know, we once had sex and you know. I don’t know. I’m confused, I guess.”

“Jack really likes you, he keeps asking me where he should take you to dates and he wants to know whether he should buy you certain stuff or not. He asks me everything. He’s nervous. Just go up to him, and be like- yo we together or what?” I chuckled and shook my head.

“Oh my god Cassadee,” I smiled and bit my bottom lip. “I am not as blunt as you.”
“Very true, I do remember a story of how you got your first boyfriend.”

“Oh my god, shut up.”

“Staring at him afar for four years, mm. You are one smooth chicky.” I laughed whole heartedly, Cassadee laughed along with me. “I’m serious though, if you want to know what’s going on and you want to define the relationship, you need to to talk to Jack.” I groaned and threw my head back.

“But, but, I don’t wanna. That’s difficult and I’m too shy to be so blunt.”

“As I recall, you barged into Alex’s house and called him a hobo and that he smelled like Jack’s balls.” I laughed and shrugged.

“Whatever. Fine, I’ll call Jack and talk to him now.”

“Do you know nothing?” Cassadee responded bluntly.

“Okay, you’re being very mean to me right now Madame Pope. I don’t like it.” I scolded her, she merely laughed at me. “Okay, so why do I know nothing?”

“You can’t define the relationship over the phone!” I sighed and rubbed my eyes. “Call him, invite him over, cook him something, then discuss over dinner.”

“Jack and I aren’t Rian and you. I’ll order chinese and we’ll watch Home Alone and drink. That’s Jack and I. We’re classy motherfuckers.”

“Except not really. Okay. I’m hanging up and you’re inviting Jack to your house. Ready? Break.”

She hung up on me. “Bitch.” I muttered as I dialed the phone. Jack answered the phone with his usually chipper voice. “Hey Jackelton.”

“Oh hey babe,” my heart literally melted in that moment. “Abs?” I coughed and quickly regained focus.

“Do you wanna hang out tonight?” I smiled when he excitedly said yes. “When do you think you’ll be over?”

“Now. Wait a sec, baby. Rian fuck this game, I’m going to my girlfriends house.” Well. That most certainly clears things up. “I’ll be right there, Abbie. See ya soon beautiful.” He hung up on me and I tried my best to bite back my smile. He just constantly makes my stomach jumble and flip around.

About fifteen minutes later I heard a knock at my door. “If you’re not going to kill me, come on in.” Jack came bounding in, seating himself next to me on the couch. “Hi.” He smiled and quickly kissed me.

“I’ve missed doing that.”

“It’s been like two days,” I said with a smile. He shrugged and kissed me again, this time longer and more passionately. “I missed this too.” I breathed out when he pulled away. I opened my eyes slowly to see Jack widely grinning at me. “I think we should do a little more of that, boyfriend.”
♠ ♠ ♠
WOW OKAY I REALLY LIKE THIS FUCKING CHAPTER
sorry, I get over excited sometimes
please comment you guys, that's what makes me want to keep writing
I adore and appreciate what I have so far! I love all of you readers and recommenders and subscribers and commenters. I love you guys! Please keep up the perfect work!
xoxo
tiffiny c: