Status: finished.

Shut Up & Take My Hand

You make me better everyday

“Alex!” I all but squealed, I set the peeler down and ran over to him. He laughed and opened his arms, ready for me to jump on him. I wrapped my legs around his middle and arms around his neck, hugging him closely. I almost thought I heard Isobel mumbled something but I ignored it.
“I’ve missed you Abs,” Alex groaned into my neck. I could feel his hand on my back and my hip, supporting me on him. I untangled my legs and dropped to the floor. I was very glad I had tights on. “Nice dress, that jump was real classy.” I rolled my eyes and hugged him again.

“I’m glad you’re not broken. I was worried you’d fall offstage or something.” Alex snorted and shook his head. “What? Are you too rockstar to fall?” I asked sarcastically, he responded with a very serious nod in my direction. I looked past him at the three other Baltimore boys. Jack opened his arms and I walked over to him and hugged his frail body. Frail, lanky, whichever you wish to call the twig boy.

I moved to Rian and then to Zack. He laughed after I let go of him. “No jump?” I rolled my eyes and playfully shoved him. “Hey, I’ll beat you up.” I laughed and shook my head.
“I ain’t scared, pretty boy.” Zack chuckled deeply, along with my other four boys. “I should go back to help,” I began to walk past Alex and back to the kitchen.

“No way,” Alex grabbed my arm and pulled me into him. I smiled into his chest and wrapped my arms around his middle. He was wearing a grey tee shirt, black skinny jeans and some random shoes. “I just got you back, you’re sticking with me girly.” I smiled at what he whispered into my ear. “Nice dress, by the way.” Alex commented when I pulled out of the hug. I smiled and then when he winked, I smiled even bigger.

“You’re a creep, Alexander.” Alex rolled his eyes and waved me off.

I ended up playing with Alex’s second cousins, there were six of them. All between the ages of four and eleven. Alex and the guys were so far into football that I think Alex forgot about me. I laughed obnoxiously when Xander, half named after Alex, tried to say my name. He’s only four.

I noticed Alex staring at me through the corner of my eye and I immediately blushed. I’m not sure why, but I did. I looked down at Xander and Leah, he’d given up on my name and was now playing with his sister and the blocks. “I’ll be right back you two.” I hurried back to the kitchen.

“Hey, sorry! Alex dragged me away and then proceeded to ditch me with kids for football.” Amanda, one of Alex’s aunts, laughed and nodded. I smiled and blushed, I’d never talked to her before.
“Sounds like Alexander to me.” I chuckled and shrugged. “But, you can go back to him if you want to. We’re all set in here.”
“If you’re sure, I’d love to help.” His aunt waved me off with a smile.
“Go back to your man.” I blushed a deep red and spun around, too scared and embarrased to correct her.

I shuffled past the men and whispered in Alex’s ear, “your aunt Amanda thinks we’re fucking.” Alex practically spit out his beer. “She called you my man.” He burst out laughing and looked at me.

“I’m proud to be your man,” He winked and quickly pecked my cheek. I laughed and kissed his as well. I heard someone coo, and I looked up to see Alex’s cousin Randal. I laughed and flipped him off. He used to supply us with alcohol whenever we had a party.

“Hey, not in front of the kids.” He winked and I resisted the urge to flash my middle finger at him again. “Wow, I feel like my father.” I laughed and casually bit my thumb. That was another bad habit of mine, whenever I’m comfortable.

“Oi, push over.” I ordered Alex. He scoffed and shook his head. “Fine.” I huffed and plopped down on his lap. He whistled and I groaned in agony. “Pervert.” He laughed and when I tried to get up he pulled me back down by my hips. I sighed and leaned on his shoulder while we watched the game.

“Ladies and gentlemen, may you follow us to the dining hall where we will have our meal.” I laughed and looked at the clock, it was a little after five. Alex hooked his arm with mine and we walked together. Everyone was directed to their seats and once sitting, we dug into the feast.

At the end of the night we all sat around the table telling jokes and stories, I of course didn’t speak due to shyness and lack of humor. Alex told story after story about Warped tour and his other friends that are in bands. I watched him talk, a shine in his eyes as he talked about the crowd. He obviously loves what he does, and he obviously adores his fans.

He caught me staring and sent me a playful wink. “You two are just an adorable little couple.” I think I could feel Jack’s spit as he snorted. Alex smiled devilishly and grabbed the hand I had sitting on the table. He linked our fingers and looked at me.

“Thanks auntie Amanda, I just adore Abs.” I giggled and pulled my hand away. “No, don’t leave me.” He pouted and I couldn’t stop laughing at him. “You’re laugh is adorable.” He said smiling and leaning towards me. I couldn’t breathe.

“Oh my god, Alex!” I laughed and pushed him away. “Stop. We’re not a couple, we’re just friends.” I said smiling so wide my cheeks hurt. Amanda scoffed and waved at me carelessly, as if she didn’t believe me.

The guys went back to their cave to watch T.V and the kids were put to sleep in Peter and Isobel’s bedroom. I was doing dishes with the women when Alex barged in. “Movie night today, tomorrow, or saturday?” I hummed and pulled my hands from the soapy water.

“Excuse me,” I mumbled and walked over to him. “What’s easier for you?”
“I kind of want to do it tonight, I’ve missed you like crazy.” He pressed his forehead against mine and moved close so our eyes looked huge. I pulled away and Alex chuckled.
“You know that freaks me out.” He nodded and laughed at me. “But yeah, tonights fine.”
“Can we leave soon?” He whined. I rolled my eyes and put one finger up, signalling for him to wait a second.

“Excuse me, Isobel?” She spun around and smiled at me. “Alex is being a five year old, and wants to leave now so he and I can have a movie night.” Isobel smiled and nodded.
“Go ahead, we’ve got enough hands here.” I smiled and thanked her. I headed out with Alex and I swear to god I heard Isobel say, “if they don’t end up married, I’ll have to kill Alexander.”
♠ ♠ ♠
alkdsjafhdsjfhs you like?

I like c:
you should check out me and my friend Casey's ATL blog, [url=truecolours-arebeautiful.tumblr.com]truecolours-arebeautiful[/url] c:
[img]http://p.twimg.com/Ay09VAaCYAEVWaL.jpg:large[/img]
a picture for your troubles :*
please comment<3
xoxo
tiffiny