Status: finished.

Shut Up & Take My Hand

Tell me what your best friend knows

“Hey, sorry to be nosy but um, is he your boyfriend.” I laughed and shook my head at the adorable customer. His eyes were a perfect color of hazel, they had the power to melt hearts.
“He’s one of my best friends, I actually don’t have a boyfriend.” The blonde raised his eyebrows and smiled to himself.

“Guess it’s my lucky day, then. My name’s Landon,” Landon said walking towards the counter. “So, how’s life as a beautiful girl?” I laughed and covered my smile.
“That was so cheesy it hurts,” I teased. Landon’s cocky smile faltered slightly.
“Not cheesy, honest. I have to get back to work, but call me sometime, gorgeous.” He winked and handed me is card. I looked down at the card and read it out loud. “Landon Gordoy: Chief of Staff at Vogue Magazine Co., New York, New York. Thanks for the number.” I mumbled smiling. He seemed like a fairly nice man, so why not?

“You just got a number from a customer!?” Felicia exclaimed. It was only then when I’d realized she was slacking off in the employee lounge.
“Felicia, get to work. Stop sitting around. If you need something to do, I can give you one.” I said threateningly. She groaned and joined me up front.

The rest of my shift went along swimmingly. Regulars came, and a couple of new faces showed up as well. No more cute boys, or snobs, just nice townspeople and tourists. “Cass, you’re in charge until Ellie comes in. My shift is over.” I waved goodbye and gathered up my things and left. I sent Alex a quick text telling him I was out of work but he never responded.

After being home for a couple hours, doing chores, watching television, and listening to music, I got bored. I pulled out my phone and called Alex. Again, he didn’t answer. With a confused face, I left him a short message. After that I called Jack. He answered within seconds, with his happy, energetic voice. “Wanna hang out somewhere?”

“Hell fucking yeah, where?” I shrugged, well aware he couldn’t see me. “Abbie?” I laughed and lightly shook my head, I had forgotten to answer him. Jack laughed a little, even though he didn’t get what was I was initially laughing at. I smiled at his cute antics, Jack’s like a little puppy.
“Sorry, I physically shrugged and I never said whatever,” I mumbled a little embarrassed, Jack laughed, now understanding. “But yeah, I don’t care where we go.”
“You’re adorable, Abbie. Now I get why Alex adores you.” I snorted and shook my head.
“He adores me in a friend way, don’t twist things Jackelton.” I could feel his eyes rolling.

“Whatever you say, cupcake. Let’s hang out at that park.” I raised an eyebrow, instinctively.
“Specify Jack, there’s tons in Maryland.” I joked. Jack huffed, making me chuckle.
“Remember when you took pictures of us, senior year? That one.” I smiled, remembering the day. It was sunny, but not too sunny. The wind was blowing lightly, just enough to make strands of my hair stick to the chapstick on my lips. I remember that day like it was yesterday, the day we made their ‘demo’ album. That was a joke, we took those pictures and put two songs on a disc. Jack ended up losing it when he took it home to show his mom.
“Sounds great, meet you there?” Jack hummed a, ‘mhm’ and then we said our farewells.

The second Jack got out of the cab he took, he was racing towards the swing set. I smiled and followed him, hands in my pockets. “You look cute today.” He complimented, grinning widely.
“Thanks, Jack.” I was wearing this black, gray, green, and blue geometric sweater. It was insanely soft on the inside, as were my half calf boots. I had a grey jacket on as well as green mittens. “You look cold,” I joked with a half smile.

After a while of talking and having snowball fights, Jack asked me of the time. “Um, about five thirty, why?” Jack jumped up and ran to my car. “What the fuck!?” I yelled running after him.
“Sound check in a half hour, I’m going to be late. I’m begging you, drive me. I’ll get you side stage.” I smiled and got in the drivers seat. Jack told me the address of the venue, and I drove there. I’d seen a show there a couple times before. Jack grabbed my hand when we got out of my car. “Um,” I mumbled awkwardly.

“Trust me, the fans can be intimidating.” With that, he started to quickly walk towards the entrance. “Hi, I’m Jack Barakat and this is my band. I need in, like now.” He said to the front person, selling last minute fans their tickets. “This is my plus one, and Alex’s girlfriend.” I scoffed as fans screeched.

They screamed things like, “are you really?” or “holy shit!” and the worse was, “you’re too ugly for him.” Jack had me to safety from the vicious fans in seconds. We were speed walking backstage, Jack flashed his pass and they let us in. Jack still hadn’t let go of my hand.

“Jesus! I thought you weren’t going to show up!” Matt practically yelled in relief. “Get ready, and hello Abigail.” He was in work mode, and was probably stressed about Jack’s absence.

The show started right on time, everything was going great. Until, “hey Abbie!” Lisa.

I looked over at her with distaste. “What’re you doing here?” She smiled and twirled her hair.
“Watching my Lexi play,” She’d stolen that nickname from me. “We’re back together.” I groaned. “What, are you jealous?” I scoffed and rolled my eyes.
“I’m not jealous, just stop fucking with the poor boys heart.” It was her turn to scoff.
“You act like he’s an innocent kid who needs saving.” I turned to her and crossed my arms.
“He is. Don’t taint him with your evil anymore than you already have.”

“I haven’t done anything, yet, Abigail. High school was a long time ago.”
“How about last Christmas?” She sighed and turned away from me. “Fine, don’t face your actions. Whatever Lisa, but this time, if you hurt him- I will come after you.”
“Is that a threat?” She asked me cockily, tilting her head to the side.

“Yes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
INTENSE RIGHT

okay I really have no right to not like Lisa, I just don't so laksjdhfa
please comment, I hope you liked this chapter c:
I'm sorry I didn't update this weekend. I'll try to update again this week but it's thanksgiving week and I have a lot to do tonight so idk if i'll get online and get a chapter written.
okay, pleeease comment
I love you readers and subscribers and commentors and recommenders!
xoxo
tiffiny