Status: finished.

Shut Up & Take My Hand

You keep me breathless

“W-what?” I stuttered out, staring at Jack. He sighed and covered his face. “You love me? Jack come on, don’t ignore me.” He groaned and stood up. “We certainly weren’t classy, last night.” I said after minutes, and minutes of silence. Jack stopped pacing and looked over at me.

“That’s why I fucking love you. You take so much serious shit, and you just twist it and you make everything feel better. You make me feel better when I’m sad, and you just- you fix everything Abigail. You fix everything for me.” I looked up at his frowning little face, his brown eyes looked so sad and empty. “I love you and it kills me that you don’t love me too, Abs.”

I sucked in my bottom lip, feelings tears prick my eyes. “No, Abbie, please don’t cry again.” He took a step in and grabbed my face. The tips of his middle fingers reached my hair line. “I never want to be the reason why you’re crying.” I bit my lip and took my chances. I lifted myself onto the very tip of my toes and pressed my lips softly to Jack’s. He almost immediately kissed me back, only eventually pulling away because he needed breathe.

“Holy shit.” I mumbled, and Jack slowly nodded. He lightly pressed his forehead against mine. I started to slowly smile, and Jack let a grin grow on his face. “So,” I trailed off, trying my best not to look into his eyes. “What does this mean?”

“Everything,” He whispered, barely even speaking. I let out a small, quiet laugh. “Seriously though, what does it mean to you? I mean, like, I adore you but how do you feel about me?” Jack asked cautiously. I bit my lip, how do I feel about Jack? “Don’t lie, though. If you lie, it will probably hurt more later than you being honest now.”

I stepped away from him and started to leave the kitchen. “I’ve never really thought about it before. I’ve always found you goofy, and adorable, and when I first met you I thought you were totally fuck-able.” He laughed and nodded. He followed me into my living room. “It’s true, ask Kara. I told her all about it.” Jack chuckled, and covered his face. He was blushing and I was beginning to pace. “I’m not really sure how I feel, but I am most certainly attracted to you, just I don’t know.” I groaned sitting down on the couch. “That, that kiss was most certainly lovely, and, and I’m sure last night was lovely as well- if only I could remember.

“I just don’t know what the fuck to do, because you’re adorable and I don’t ever, ever want to fucking hurt you. And I don’t ever, ever want to lose our friendship because you’re such a fucking great friend. And, and, just, ugh!” I groaned, I couldn’t stop rambling on, and on. “I’m sorry.” I mumbled before letting out a huge sigh.

“I get what you’re saying,” Jack said, sitting down next to me. “Look, how about we just take things slow and see if and where things go.” I bit my bottom lip and swallowed.

“Yeah.” I said lowly. I looked up from my feet, my eyes connecting with his. “Can I be completely honest with you?” He nodded quickly. “I’m scared. I don’t want to lose you.”

“I don’t want to lose you either, and I’ll make sure that doesn’t happen even if we break up.” I nodded and took a deep breathe. “Hey, Abs?” Jack asked softly. I looked up and raised my eyebrows. “C-can I have another kiss, maybe?” I smiled and nodded. Jack grinned widely, and leaned it. His lips touched mine, like he was afraid to kiss. I almost smiled, but I decided not to torture the boy, so I kissed back. Jack gained his confidence, kissing me as equally as I was kissing him.

“Oh shit!” I yelled the second I pulled away from him. I ran to the kitchen and dumped his burned egg. “Sorry Jack! Is cereal okay?” I asked sheepishly. Jack smiled and shrugged.

“Jesus christ we haven’t showered in two days.” I commented, putting my bowl in the sink.
“I love you so much, oh my god.” Jack said, smiling at me. He chuckled and shook his head. “Okay, well you go shower and I’ll turn my phone on. I probably have a million texts and calls.” I smiled and quickly kissed him again, before going to my bathroom to shower.

“Jack!?” I yelled from my room. “What’s the weather like today? Check your phone.”
“It’s supposed to be semi-sunny! But the guys want to go bowling, you in?” I smiled before responding with a yes. “By the way, turn on your phone. Alex texted you!” I groaned but did as Jack said. While I waited for my phone to start, I began to get dressed. I had put on black jeans and a black tank top when my phone buzzed. I had nine texts from Alex. I couldn’t not smile.

The first one said;
From: lexi gayscarf ;*
Message: Hey, I’m sorry about today. I over reacted, and I get what you’re saying. But, you should still respect that I have a girlfriend I’m in love with, and you don’t get to constantly insult her or ignore her. And ignore me. I’m sorry for getting so mad.

I sighed and read more texts. They all said mostly the same thing. I finished getting dressed, pulling a sweater over my head. I heard my shower start, so I started doing my makeup in my bedroom. “Hey, Abbie?” I looked to the door, only to see Jack in a towel. “Has Alex left any clothes here before?” I chuckled and got up.

I walked to my closet and pulled out a box. “My mom dumped this on me last year, guess he left a lot of shit at my moms house when I lived with her.” I said chuckling. I grabbed Jack an outfit and handed it to him. “I’m awesome, I know. You don’t even have to say it.” Jack chuckled and planted a kiss on my cheek before running back to the bathroom. “Good luck with Alex’s emo clothes!” I yelled to him.

“Thanks Abbie!” I smiled and went back to brushing my hair. “I’m done, you can do your hair.” I jumped up and ran to the bathroom. “In a hurry, are we?” I blushed as I turned on the straightener.

“Well yeah, it’s ten thirty, and we’re meeting them at eleven.” Jack’s eyes bugged out.

We rushed our asses off and ended up leaving my apartment, almost left shoeless, at ten fifty two. Jack held my hand the entire drive to the bowling alley, and he forced me to stay in the car until he could get to my door to open it. “You’re a spaz,” I commented and he skipped to me.

“Nice of you to wait for me, while I gently shut the car door.” I smiled and rolled my eyes. Jack’s palm pressed to mine as he slowly slide his fingers between my fingers. “I like this,” he mumbled stopping in the middle of the parking lot. “And before we go in, and you get weird and pull away,” he rambled on.

“Jack, get to the point.” I chuckled, raising an eyebrow. He rolled his eyes and quickly kissed me. It was shocking how much confidence he had now compared to before. “Okay,” I breathed out the second he pulled away from me. I slowly opened my eyes to see a very smiley Jack.

“We’re late, let’s go.”
♠ ♠ ♠
WOW HOW FUCKING CUTE IS THIS
IT'S CUTE
I KNOW
Okay, thank you so much for reading and for so many comments
what do you think of the whole, Jack & Abbie thing? And the whole Alex & Lisa thing?
Lemmme know, yeah?
I love you all so much! Have a lovely week, I'll try to update again~
xoxo
tiffiny