Stuck On Loving You

Almost Paradise.

Lana–

Two weeks had passed since Alex and I decided to sit down and talk. Two weeks since we said we could try again and take things slow this time around. Two weeks was all it took for the entire All Time Low band and crew to feel like family once more. Beautiful pictures were taken, lovely conversations had flowed from our brains, and happiness set the mood for each one of us. The guys were mad at first - mad that, once again, Alex gave in - but everything went back to normal in such a short amount of time.

"I must say, Lan, this has been paradise… And it's so goddamn good." Alex pulled me in by the shoulder and craned his neck down to wink at me. I could not agree more as I smiled towards the ocean and took in the cool breeze. With my arms crossed against my ribs, I leaned my head into his chest to hear his heartbeat like old times. It pattered normally, but there was something about this man that even made his heartbeat sound special. It had more rhythm to it than a normal persons would; it almost sang a melody every time I listened closely. The man looked at the water ebbing and flowing and concentrated on the way that the nights sky almost silhouetted the sea and even as I looked up at him, I knew that he was in a dreamland that only Alex Gaskarth could think up.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I grinned knowing that I sounded like an old-timer and that it would amuse him.

He looked back down at me, his eyes piercing right into mine. "I already told you." I slowly nodded my head trying to think of something to do or say, but words would not creep into my mind like they should have. Suddenly, a giggle fell from my mouth and caught Alex off guard. I slowly turned around and walked backwards away from him, smiling wide like a small child. From the look upon his face, I knew that he was more amused than confused, but hell, we had nothing better to do. Before he knew it, I took off running, waiting for him to chase me down and that's exactly what happened. It took ten minutes, but when he caught me, he tackled me to the ground in an ever-so gentle way. "So you're into playing games now? Not cute, Lana. Not cute." He onto his back so we could both take the time to catch our breath while simultaneously laugh at the stupidity between us.

"I am fucking adorable either way. Admit it." I could not control my laughter, but it was nice to be able to look over at him and see him smile the way that he was. His smile lit up the entire nights sky. It dawned on me that I wished our entire relationship could have been like this before. I wished that I could have made him laugh more often, but more than anything, I had seen his face turn from a beautiful smile into a red-faced monster. It was so wonderful when he looked like this, when he looked so at peace with everything in the world.

"That you are, my dear." He stopped laughing and turned to look at me, his face more serious than before, but it still held a to-die-for grin. His eyes softened and he reached over to close the gap that was between us. I thought that I could have laid on that beach forever and been stuck in a moment that seemed to last forever even though it was so short.

♡♡♡

Wherever I went, Alex followed me. I sat in at the studio while they recorded and I cringed every time a song about our relationship was recorded. It's true, we were terrible and right then and there, I prayed that we would never go back to such times. Every time one of those songs were recorded or played back the entire studio would go silent and the guys would throw sympathetic looks at me like they actually knew what it felt like, but they didn't, it was far too horrible. Alex apologized over and over, but I knew that it was his job and that this was going to bring happiness to many kids out there. Even if I didn't like some of the lyrics, the songs were put together so nicely that I could not help but to like them. He had written angry songs about me before and I do not recall taking them as personal as I did while sitting in that studio.

"Who's up for some drinks tonight?" Jack finally asked to break through the silence. All of us, Cassadee included, looked at him like a dog with perked ears. We all said yes… Except for Alex who nodded at me for agreeing to go.

"Nah," Alex interjected, "I'd rather stay in tonight." Everyone looked at him with shock and confusion. Gaskarth wasn't the type of guy to turn down a place loaded with women, music, and alcohol.

"And do what, exactly?" Rian asked.

"Stay in with the girl," he chuckled, "what else? We've been out every night this week."

I looked across the studio at Alex with pursed lips and knitted brows. "I'll stay in, but you have to have a Law & Order marathon with me without bitching."

Alex rolled his eyes and grunted. "What Law & Order."

"Special Victims. What else?" Something as dumb of this used to spark fights between us and all around the studio you could see the guys grit their teeth and squint their eyes like something bad was going to happen. Sometimes disagreements went too far in our relationship.

Alex finally let out a defeated sigh. "Fine." He through his hands in the air like he had been caught doing something he shouldn't have been. You could physically see everyone in the room breathe like they had been holding their breaths the entire time. They shifted from their stiff positions and turned back into their normal selves. "Anyone who wants to join can." Alex rolled his eyes. "You're lucky I like you, Alston."

"Whatever, Gaskarth." I said under my breath. The second I looked up at him, I saw that he was smiling and I couldn't help mimicking his emotion.

"I'm in!" Zack raised his hand. Flyzik was soon to follow suit.

♡♡♡

The night had gone by fast and it was almost a complete blur, but the things I do remember other than the storyline of a television show that I've always been obsessed with, was the way that Alex held me close to him. It hadn't been like this since we were teenagers and I never thought it would be like that again. I don't know how, but I admitted to myself that I had missed those moments more than I could ever say outlaid.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow! Hi guys! I haven't updated in six months and I feel absolutely terrible about that... I'm not kidding when I say that. I feel like the worst author in the world, but I'm sure you'd be happy to know that in that time I graduated? Hopefully? No? I got twice the amount of credits in one year that average students do and just barely graduated and I'm super proud of myself.

Hopefully I'll be updating more often. If you want, check out my other stories soon because I'm hoping to update them all and maybe start a new one.

I know that this isn't like the older chapters and I'm sorry about that. I've forgotten how to write this story and it's all a big blur. Let's just call this a pointless filler chapter to get you by.

I promise that I will be back very, very soon. Trust me, okay? Give me a few days and I will post another chapter.

In the mean time, comment? Subscribe? Do whatever you little Mibbans do. Love you all! Thanks for putting up with my shit.