Status: Finished! :D but please comment I still want to hear what you think! <3

Bulletproof Heart... Or Is It?

Part Two

Frank slowly made his way towards the doors. Beyond the double doors, he would see Gerard's laying form in the hospital bed, however bad he looked. He hesitated, worrying, afraid of what his best friend would look like. He finally pulled himself together and opened the doors.

The sight Frank saw was a horrific one. It was a scene that would be forever burned into his memory and brain. Gerard was ghostly pale, as if there was no life in his body. The only sign of life was Gerard's chest, slowly moving up and down, breathing. A hospital sheet covered the lower half of his body. His torso was bare, apart from the heavy gauze and medical tape that was over his chest wound, stitches underneath. There were also a couple of needles hooked up in his body, helping keeping him in form. Gerard had to be uncomfortable with the amount of needles inside his body, but that was probably the least of his worries. Frank took a seat in the chair that was positioned by the bed. Gerard's pale eyes were closed. Frank wondered if he was even awake, but then he heard a small "Frankie?" Frank smiled, placing one of his hands gently over Gerard's.

"Yeah, it's me buddy." Gerard's beautiful hazel brown eyes slowly fluttered open. Dark bags had formed under them, his face still pale from all the blood loss. Yet, he was still the same breathtaking person Frank had ever seen. Gerard smiled at the sight of his best friend. The smile was small and weak, but still majestic. At the sight of it, Frank wanted to cry. His best friend was lying there, and it was his fault.

"I'm so glad you're here," Gerard said weakly. Now, both of Frank's hands were wrapped around Gerard's free hand, the one without the IV drip in it. He leaned in closer towards Gerard.

"So am I," he answered. Gerard studied Frank. His tear stained face was pale, but his cheeks were red and eyes puffy. Frank must have been crying a lot. This made Gerard sad inside, because he didn't want to see his Frank upset.

The atmosphere between them was thick, so Gerard tried to lighten the mood.

"You look like hell, Frank. What happened? Did they cancel Glee or something?" Frank chuckled lightly.

"No, mister dress man," he stated, reffering to the hospital gown Gerard was now wearing. "They cancelled the rest of the Young and the Restless tour. You're one to talk. If I look like hell, then what the hell do you look like? Snookie's vagina?" They both laughed at that. The laugh caused Gerard to wince in pain, raidiating through his chest. Frank's smile fell.

"I'm so sorry Gerard," he whispered.

"What are you sorry for, silly? I got myself into this mess. I couldn't bear thinking of you dying in my arms." At these words Gerard said, tears started to stream down Frank's tear stained face once again.

"No, you didn't," he argued, voice breaking at the end. Gerard looked at his Frank, confused and alarmed. He didn't ant his Frank crying again.

"Why are you crying, Frankie?" he asked, worried.

Frank sniffed. "Because I'm so fucking stupid! You're laying here in this goddamn hospital bed when it should be me!" he cried.

"And?" Gerard asked again, still confused.

"And, it's my fault! You're here, seriously hurt, because of me! It's all my fucking fault you're like this!" Frank's tears became thicker. Gerard carefully released his hand from both of Frank's, so he could caress Frank's cheek.

"Shh, baby. It's okay, don't think like that. It's not your fault," he attempted to soothe. Frank looked at Gerard unbelievavly.

"Yes it is!" Frank's voice raised. "If you hadn't jumped in the way, if I weren't the one getting shot at, you wouldn't be here in this stupid hospital!"

"It was worth it," was all Gerard said.

Frank stood up suddenly, frustrated by his best friend's apathy.

"You are laying in a hospital bed, you might die, and you think it was worth it?!" he yelled.

"Yes," Gerard answered simply, his smile growing.

"Why?" Frank muttered, breaking down.

"Because... I saved the life of the person I'm in love with."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo... Little diddy cliffhanger... There is one part that's going up soon after this so look out for it! :D

Once again sorry for any typos, I'm still on my phone. Please comment, subscribe, recommend, anything! <3