Sequel: Burned at Both Ends
Status: IT IS DONE XD I get my life back... just kidding because I have a few other stories and the sequel to work on... -_-

Cobwebs

I was supposed to save you From yourself

“Katie Maykuth?” I asked tiredly up at the desk. The lady typed something into her keyboard and clicked her tongue before looking back up at me and Michael. “Can we see her?”

“Are you Devlyn Snow?”

“Yes.”

“And who are you?” she asked Michael.

“Michael Snow. Devlyn’s older brother.” he said calmly.

“Okay she is in room 316 which is down that hall and the third door on the left. Doctor Martin will be in there in a couple of minutes to ask you a couple of questions.”

“Thanks.” I said and walked to the room. When I got there I just stood in the door and stared in disbelief. Katie was sitting on the white bed under the crisp white sheets with an IV in her arm and a tube down her throat that was helping her breathe. “Oh my god.” I whispered and stumbled to her side. I dropped weakly to my knees and put my head on her hand. “Oh my god.”

“Are you- do you want me to leave?” Michael asked and handed me the Skellington pillow that I had brought with us.

“N-no please stay.” I whispered and looked up at him with teary eyes.

“Don’t worry Devlyn. I’m sure she’ll wake up.”

“I know she will but-.”

“I’m Doctor Martin you must be the Snows.” an elderly man said and waltzed into the room like we hadn’t been talking.

“Yes.” I said and stood up. I set the pillow next to Katie and patted her hair down a little.

“I need to ask you two a couple of questions… if you don’t mind.”

“Ask away.”

“Do you have any idea why Katie… did this?”

“No. No fucking idea why she would try and kill herself.” I said and flopped onto the chair next to her head.

“Do you have any ideas… Michael?”

“Hmmm? Oh no… I didn’t know Katie. She is my sister’s friend.”

“Then why-.”

“Because she means the world to Devlyn and I want to be able to support my sister.” he interrupted the doctor.

“Okay… Devlyn did you know that Katie was pregnant?” he asked and I froze.

“What? She was pregnant? She never said anything and- and… is it- did the kid survive?” I spluttered.

“Yes but both it and Katie aren’t exactly guaranteed life at the moment. They could both die.”

“Don’t talk about death in my best friend’s sick room.” I hissed at the doctor. “No I didn’t know that she was pregnant. No I don’t know why she would do this and I’m actually quite sick of your questions at the moment.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Motionless In White- Sinematic