Sequel: Burned at Both Ends
Status: IT IS DONE XD I get my life back... just kidding because I have a few other stories and the sequel to work on... -_-

Cobwebs

Suck the breath from my lungs, I'll swallow your hate

“Well I think you scared him.” Michael laughed and sat on another chair in the room after the doctor had left.

“Well god fucking damn! Does he have no fucking respect for the sick or something?!” I seethed and gripped the pen I was writing with tighter. It seemed like a great idea to write her a letter since I might possibly not be here when she wakes up seeing as visiting ended in two and a half hours and then we had to leave. “Oh and to top off the shit pile of this she is pregnant but that isn’t what I hate. I don’t have a problem with the kid it is the fact that she deemed it unimportant to tell me anything about any of this and decided ‘hey I’m gonna go back on my words and try to kill myself because hypocrisy is what’s in style right now.’ That isn’t how this sort of thing works out damn it and I swear to fucking god that if she was awake I would bitch slap her all the way to hell.” I growled and glared at the ceiling.

“Calm down Dev and write your epic letter.” he chuckled and I glared up at him and he raised a brow at me. I understood what he was saying. I didn't need to be getting angry at him. He was helping me.

“Fine.” I huffed. “I think I’m done anyways.”

“Read it to me maybe?” he asked and I shrugged before beginning.

Katie,
I don’t even know where to start with this letter but what in the hell man?! We are best friends right? Best friends tell eachother this kind of shit! I honestly can’t even begin to understand why in the bloody fucking hell you would do this to yourself and no to mention the fact that you are expecting a child!
I love you to death. I really do but this isn’t about me or you anymore. It is about the little baby that you almost killed and right now I don’t even care if this upsets you but you need to man the fuck up and grow the fuck up because you are going to be a mom. Family first right? And you tell me that I am like your sister.
When I almost killed myself you flipped the fuck out on me and tore me a new hole to breathe through! Be strong you said! Don’t ever think that you are alone! Don’t ever give up! That is what you told me and then you do this?
Want to know how I was told that you were in the hospital? Devin woke me up and then they told me that it was you and I think I almost died because I couldn’t fucking find the air to breathe and then I went for a walk and Devin and Michael had to take me back to the hotel because I forgot how to move or talk and I kept thinking ‘why did she do this?’ Why did you do this?
I have been running through every fucking word we have said to eachother and I can’t seem to find anything. Was it because you thought that you were alone? I tried to call you so much and you never answered your phone and yeah I was away on a job but I thought that you would be fucking happy for me.
I almost died. Did you know that? I fell and hit my head and I was in the fucking hospital. I get out and hope for things to be good but instead I find that my best friend was dying.
I am writing this right now next to you wishing that you were awake so that I could hit you. You have no fucking idea how bad I want to but I won’t because that would be mean and Michael would probably have me admitted into the loony toon bin. I am writing this letter because I’m not sure when the next time I will be able to see you is. The tour ends in two months and then we have three weeks until we have to go again but I will keep writing you until you wake up and yes I am leaving my beloved pillow with you because I want your dumb ass to remember that you aren’t alone and that I am here for you. You have no fucking idea how worried I am and when you wake up I hope you call me because my number is still the same. We are all worried about you Katie and I know you probably won’t believe that but it is true. Michael (Vampire just in case you forgot) took time out of his schedule and dropped something like three interviews for your ass to drive me up here. I want you to call me and talk to me so we can work through this shit. I love you because you are like my sister and have put up with all my shit so in return I will do the same.

YIE,
Devlyn Marie


“What does YIE mean?” he asked when I was done.

“Yours in Eternity. It’s how I sign off all my letters.” I explained and looked back at my letter. “Do you think that writing her is a good idea or should I just leave her and move on? She was leaving me.”

“Write her. I can tell that she means a lot to you and I am sure she didn’t mean to hurt you.” he said and smiled. “It will be a good way to show her that you care. When she wakes up she will have something. But it is up to you and while you chew that over I am going to go get us some icky hospital food to eat.”

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” he said and left.

“Katie I wish you would wake up.” I murmured and laid my head on her stomach. “We have so much to catch up on. I have so many new friends and if you got to know them I know that you would love them as much as I do. Devin… god where do I start with him. You know that crush I had on him? Yeah not so much of a crush anymore but I think that I am really in love with him. Sometimes I think he might like me and then others I know that all I’ll ever be is a friend and it sucks you know because I really do like him.” I sighed sadly and bit back tears. “I need my best friend right now because I am so fucking confused about everything. I had a dream that I killed Devin and that everyone left me and I… Michael told me that it was just my mind playing with me but what do you think K?”

“I’m sure she would agree with me.” Michael said and set a sandwich next to me. “She knows you more than I do and I know that you aren’t a monster.”

“Thanks for the food.”

“Your welcome. So have you come to a decision?”

“Yeah I’m gonna write her until she wakes up and then we will figure out what to do from there.” I grumbled and bit into the sandwich. “I should probably talk to Dr. Dip Shit to see if I can even do that.”

“Try to be civil about it Devlyn.” he laughed and ruffled my hair. “Do you want me to go get him for you?”

“Yes please.”

“Alright be back in two.” he said and left the room again. He was back shortly with the doctor who was eyeing me cautiously.

“You had questions?”

“Yes. Can I write her letters since I will be away with work?” I asked and tried not to imagine hitting him.

“Yes you can. Do you want me to have on of the nurses keep them on the table next to her bed?”

“That would be great and I want to leave this pillow with her.”

“Of course. I’ll go tell them.” he said and all but ran out of the room.

“No Dr. Dip Shit I want the letters to be stuck on the bathroom counter or in the paper shredder.” I muttered. “Have I ever told you about how much I fucking hate doctors?”

“Once or twice.”

“Well that man sums up every fucking reason of why I hate them.” I growled. “If something happens to her while she is under his care I will hunt him down and kill him.”

“Now I can see why Devin likes you. You can be sweet or vicious or whatever the situation calls for.”

“Devin doesn’t like me. I like him and he likes to use it against me.” I huffed.

“Nuhuh he likes you he is just... still fucked up over Kylie.”

“Can you tell me or is it Top Secret?”

“He was madly in love with her and I believe that she was in love with him to but the distance killed their relationship and she ended it. He would never give up his dream and she would never let him. I haven’t seen him look at anyone the way he looks at you since her and he is more protective of you.”

“I think that you are imagining things.”

“I’m not.” he protested. “Everyone sees it and by everyone I mean everyone. Like bands and crews and managers and shit the fans are even starting to suspect you guys because of the way he looks at you.”

“You’re all drunk.”

“Nope not right now I’m not.” he snorted. “Just trust me on this please.”

“I- fine.” I huffed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Motionless In White- Sinematic