Sequel: Burned at Both Ends
Status: IT IS DONE XD I get my life back... just kidding because I have a few other stories and the sequel to work on... -_-

Cobwebs

Take your life, you feel like taking mine

“How are you?” Devin asked and engulfed me in a hug when I stepped onto the bus. I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face in his neck.

“Sad but I’ll be okay.” I whispered.

“She’ll be okay.”

“I know.” I nodded and looked around the empty room. “Where are the guys?”

“At a signing. I stayed behind to see you.” he said shyly. Devin was never shy with me.

“So sweet.” I said and yawned.

“Wanna watch a movie?”

“Nightmare Before Christmas?” I asked.

“Yes.”

“Awesome.” I said. We walked into the back room of the bus and he started the movie before sitting on the couch next to me. I leaned onto his side and he leaned back against me. “I wish you could’ve come with me. I wanted to slap the shit out of the doctor.” I said and yawned again.

“Maybe we can talk after you sleep a little?”

“Okay.” I agreed and closed my eyes. He pulled me onto his lap and cradled me as he started singing City Lights softly. His voice was so sweet and soft that I smiled and I fell asleep with that smile.

When I woke up in the middle of the night the TV was off and me and Devin were tangled under a blanket on the couch. His face was nestled in the crook of my neck and out hair blended together. He twitched a little bit and I smiled.

Was Michael right? Did Devin really like me or was it just imagined?

I decided to go think about it outside so I carefully untangled myself from Devin and straightened my clothes. I quietly opened the door and shut it behind me before tiptoeing down the hall. Everyone was asleep. As I was passing Ryan’s bunk I saw that his light was still on and he had a framed picture of Allie firmly held to his chest. I smiled and shut the light off and looked in on everyone else. They all looked so adorably innocent in their sleep. Angelo had the blankets pulled up to his chin and his long hair was tangled over his face. Ricky was sleeping with one foot hanging out of his bunk and his blankets wrapped around his waist. Balz was on top of his covers and his mouth was hanging slightly open. Chris was weird. He was sleeping backwards and halfway in his bunk and halfway not really. I rolled my eyes and put my hands under his shoulders so I could lift him back onto his bunk.

“What are you doing?” he yawned and curled into his blankets.

“Saving my friend from any injury he could give himself by sleeping like that.” I chuckled and smoothed his hair down. “Try sleeping on your bed Chris and maybe you wouldn’t wake up in pain.”

“You’re so bossy… love my lil sis anyways.”

“I know.” I whispered and patted his shoulder. “Go to sleep Chris.”

“Don’t do anything stupid Devlyn.” he retorted but was asleep in seconds.

This was a family and there wasn’t a second that I didn’t think about how lucky I was to be in it. I slipped off the bus and crawled onto the roof. Everyone in the venue had fallen asleep and right now it was just me and the stars. It was odd how quiet everything was. Then the peaceful silence was broken by the bus’s door opening and shutting and someone climbing up the ladder. Devin peeked over the side and wiped the sleep from his eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: The Used- Kissing You Goodbye