Sequel: Burned at Both Ends
Status: IT IS DONE XD I get my life back... just kidding because I have a few other stories and the sequel to work on... -_-

Cobwebs

This hate that you gave me keeps sayign the same thing

Michael’s POV:

“I told you.” I whispered and looked at where she had disappeared just moments before. “She was so happy and you had to do this. All I was trying to do was keep her away from being sad and did you see what her face just looked like? She feels betrayed and hurt.”

“By you.”

“Keep putting the blame on me if it makes you feel good about yourself but in the end she will forgive me because I am her friend but I don’t know if she’ll forgive you. To her you are the man that was never there and left her to the wolves. Her suicide note I carry it with me everywhere… except right now… Kuza has it. I read it all the time and I know how she feels about you. She wanted a dad to protect her and you weren’t there. She will see it as you gave up on her.”

“Michael!” someone yelled and then DJ and Aaron ran though the door barely avoiding knocking over my dad. “Michael you need to get up!”

“What happened?” I asked and started getting out of the bed.

“Devlyn is leaving. She is going away!” DJ said with wide eyes and my heart lodged itself in my throat. Aaron spotted my dad and glared at him poisonously.

“Come on before we lose our little vampire.” Aaron said and put emphasis on ‘our’.

“She is into the shit like you?”

“Yeah she is ‘into’ vampirism.” Aaron growled at him. “It isn’t a faze as you continuously try to convince yourself. These are your children you should fucking accept them. It isn’t like they are killing people!”

“We need to go before she is gone.” DJ reminded us.

“I hate you.” I whispered as I walked past my dad. I walked past the nurses but apparently I was free to leave whenever I woke up because I didn’t have any injuries. I flew down to the MIW bus to find Devin being cradled by Angelo while Balz and Chris tried frantically to calm him down.

“Fix this.” TJ growled at me.

“Which way did she go?”

“That way but Michael if she doesn’t come back I will kill you.”

“I don’t think you’ll have to.” I said when I caught the glares everyone was sending me.

Hours later of endless searching I found her sitting on at a park on one of the swings with her back to me. She didn’t turn to acknowledge my presence but I knew she knew I was there. I sat on the swing next to her and for a while we were both quiet. I would look over at her but she wouldn’t turn to look at me and she didn’t make a sound. There were dried up tear tracks on her cheeks and her eyes looked terribly sad.

“Im sorry Devlyn.” I whispered quietly.

“You’re really my brother and that man is our dad?” she asked almost silently. “Why did he seem to hate you?”

“He is angry at me because I didn’t want him to meet you. You looked so happy and like you had finally gotten away from your past and I knew that him showing up would hurt that. Fuck it is fucking with everyone.”

“What do you mean?” she asked but still wouldn’t look at me.

“Well Devin is a mess.” I said and shook the memory from my mind. “Please come back with me Devlyn. I understand if you don’t want to speak to me ever again.”

“I told them I’d be back tomorrow.”

“I don’t think that made a difference to Devin. To him you are gone and from the looks of it you ripped his heart out. He is a sobbing wreck and Angelo and Balz are trying to console him but it doesn’t seem to be working.” I sighed and stood up. “Yes I am your older brother and in the time since I realized who you were I have been trying to make up my absence and I understand if you hate me but you shouldn’t take it out on your friends who are going stir crazy worrying over you.”

“What would you do?”

“I would be pissed. Come on little vampire you know me. I probably would’ve freaked the hell out but I wouldn’t let it come in between me and my girlfriend… or in your case boyfriend…. Please just come back. Devin is hurting.” I said in a pleading voice and clasped my hands. She sighed in defeat and stood up.

“Okay but you have to lead the way because I dunno where this is.” she muttered and I hugged her. She put her chin on my shoulder and hugged me back.

“You still want to know what cause my panic attack?” I asked and she nodded. I reached into my pocket and pulled out the note to show her. I could tell that she remembered it by the way she stiffened. “I didn’t know how you would react to being blindsided by that.” I whispered and slipped it back into my pocket. “I was afraid of losing you little vampire.”

“I’m not going to lie and say that it didn’t cross my mind.” she murmured and looked at her hands. “But I haven’t cut since then and I wont…. Now lets go back.”

“Agreed… I miss my bunk.”

“Yeah hospital beds aren’t fun are they?”

“Couldn’t agree more. Now what’s this about you hanging by your feet?” I asked curiously.

“You know that pull up bar Balz has to work out in the back room?” she asked and I nodded. “Well one day they came in and I was hanging upside down by that but I was half way asleep and it scared the shit out of him and Ricky. They won’t admit it though.”

“My little vampire.” I laughed and put my arm around her shoulders as we wandered our way back to the venue. My little sister.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Hollywood Undead- Paradise Lost