Sequel: Burned at Both Ends
Status: IT IS DONE XD I get my life back... just kidding because I have a few other stories and the sequel to work on... -_-

Cobwebs

I guess I never should have loved you, but I do forever 'cause you loved me.

I gently picked Devin’s head up and set it on a pillow so that I could leave the room without waking him up. I went out to the living room area and sat on the couch next to Balz and Angelo. No one was asleep except for Devin. Chris was driving and we were all being quiet.

“How is he?” Angelo asked.

“Now he is great and asleep. It took forever for him to calm down though and accept that I had meant it when I said only one night. He thought I was going to disappear.” I whispered and put my head on my knees. “I couldn’t do that to him or myself. This is my family.”

“We tried telling him that.” Balz said and patted my back. “Kylie fucked him up pretty bad.”

“I am sorry I caused you guys trouble.”

“You didn’t.” Ricky huffed. “Michael on the other hand… how are you and him?”

“Good but it is weird knowing that he is my brother.”

“I can see that.” Ryan nodded then yawned. “Wow I’m fucking tired man.”

“It’s past midnight. Why are all of you still awake?”

“Well I’m driving.” Chris called.

“Not you dumb ass.” I huffed.

"Well we wanted to see how you guys were… why are you awake? He isn’t’.” Ryan asked and grabbed my hand.

“I am wired. We are both fine and he all but cried himself to sleep. You guys can sleep. We are fine and we will continue to be so. Go to bed because unless I’m mistaken you guys have a show tomorrow.”

“You’re right.” he smiled and stood up.

“Sleep good guys.” I smiled and patted his hand. Everyone filed back to their bunks except Angelo. He kneeled in front of me and looked at me sadly. “What’s up?”

“I-I… just please don’t do that again or if you do need to get out for a day or two take him with you because I have honestly never seen him that bad. Nothing we did even made him slow down at all. We even tried getting him to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas or fucking Sweeny Todd and that didn’t get his attention. He is crazy in love with you Devlyn remember that.” he said and then walked back into the bunk area.

“Hey Dev can you come sit up here and keep me company?” Chris asked and I groaned. I’m not so sure that I’m ready for my second lecture of the day. Angelo was right and I knew that but fuck if I wanted to get it from Chris to. I walked out and sat next to him in what I like to call the pilot seat. “Thank you.”

“You’re not tired are you? I can take over if you want.” I said and he laughed before ruffling my hair.

“I’m fine. I just wanted company and all that plus… it’s after midnight.”

“What about it? Are you afraid of the dark Chris?”

“No smart ass. Happy Birthday and the gift from me to you is waiting in the town we are headed to.”

“Where are we going again?”

“Scranton.”

“I’ve never been there but I would’ve gotten around to it sometime.”

“What did you want there?”

“A tattoo at Electric City.” I said and looked at my bracelets. “I like the work on you so… I figured why not get my first tattoo there.”

“What kind of thing did you want?”

“I was going to get something that had to do with Motionless in White since it was your guys’ music that saved me.” I whispered and touched my scar. “I want it to be as gone as I can get it so that I don’t have to wear these all the time.”

“That can be done and I am happy that our music helped you so that we could meet you. It is shit like that that makes me believe in faith somewhat. It was chance that Devin fell to you and now he is falling for you. Did you know that the first time he started to really like you was when you stood up to that prick after we went out to eat the first day we met.” he said and laughed.

“I got sucker punched and couldn’t see straight.” I snorted. “And I was bleeding. I think that little bitch was wearing a god damned ring.”

“But you weren’t crying and we are all pretty fucking sure that if you could still talk you would’ve bitched him out or tried killing him. I personally am putting the money on the second option.”

“Who thought the first?”

“No one.”

“You all know me so well.”

“It happens when you live in an RV with this many people. We get to know eachother really well.”

“Yup like I never would’ve imagined that someone as tall you could sleep like that and not wake up with a broken back and Ricky is kinda messy.”

“Hmm it is comfortable to me and are you why this bus has been cleaner?”

“I use those grab claws and yes I clean up after you guys. Someone needs to and I think Devin gave up on even thinking about it.” I laughed and looked out at the night sky. There weren’t any stars and there was almost a full moon.

“He did a while ago and then you came along and suddenly I can see the floor. We don’t even really need a TM anymore because you keep us on track and we all know that if we did something it would bring your wrath. Bryan Stars wants to interview us as a whole meaning you too.”

“But I don’t really--”

“Come on kid the fans want to meet you. I know you already have admirers. Like that couple that Kuza told me about and those two aren’t the only ones. At signings or just when people come up to us they ask about you.”

“But I don’t like people.” I whined.

“But you like us.”

“You’re my crazies… you don’t count as people. Angelo has a cat that he loves but he doesn’t even like cats. Think of it that way. I liked going to concerts not only for the music but for the mosh pits. Why? Because I don’t like people.”

“Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease?”

“Chris.”

“Dev.”

“Christopher.”

“Devlyn.”

“Christopher Thomas Cerulli I said no.”

“Devlyn Marie Snow please… if I have to I will tell DJ your phone number.”

“NO!” I yelled then slapped a hand over my mouth remembering that there were sleeping people. “No. Don’t do that. I will do this interview with you guys but I don’t want him to bomb me.”

Don’t get me wrong. I loved DJ with all my heart. He was a good friend but he was crazy as hell. He made me look sane. Maybe that is why I am friends with half of the people I am friends with. They made me sane.

“Alright then you should go get some sleep. It is at noon here.”

“Noon? Who wakes up at that ungodly hour of the day?!” I whined.

“People of the light. Sooo not you or Michael or anyone in his band or half of anyone on this tour.” he chuckled.

“What would you be Cerulli?”

“Undecided but you are a fucking bat.”

“Vampire bat man.” I smiled.

“Vampire…. Are you and Michael cool?”

Ah the inevitable question.

“Yeah we are but it is strange. Growing up I wanted nothing more than to have an older brother and a dad. I wanted my brother to be fun and crazy like me and they had to like the music I did. I wanted my dad to protect me.” I said and got quiet. “Now I have a dad that I don’t like because he seems like and asshole. I have a brother who is protective, funny, crazy as shit, and he is in the music I love. It will take some getting used to… but not much seeing as we have pretty much been attached at the hip since I was in the hospital.”

“By the way I sent those letters that you had waiting to send to Katie.”

“Thank you Chris.” I said and yawned a little but tried to hide it.

“Go to bed Devlyn.”

“But I have to keep you company.”

“Please go to sleep. Your beauty rest is needed.”

“Okay if you say so bossy.”

“Cage?”

“I took it apart and threw it away.” I laughed and patted his head as I walked sleepily back to the bunks. I walked into Devin halfway to mine and he caught me before I fell on my face. “Hey Dev.”

“Are you going to sleep?”

“Uhuh…” I yawned. “I just got crushingly tired. Join me?”

“Mhhmm.” We both just rolled into his bunk and cuddled together. “Happy birthday.”

“Thank you Devin.” I whispered and turned my head to kiss the front of his shirt because I was too lazy to move.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this story is almost to an end...
Image

Image

Image

But there will be a sequel if you guys want it :)

Image

Image
~

Title Credit: Pierce The Veil- The Boy Who Could Fly